LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  [ 378 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

Offline  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 2:12 PM Post
yourout said:
This team misses Lazard a lot more than you think.

Lazard became Rodgers go to when Adams was out simply because MVS was bad. Still being bad and ESB showing a complete lack what audible Rambo meant he only had Adams to throw to who he trusts when under pressure. Just ran out of playcalls to keep a defense on its heels. No fear on rushing and no #2 target meant easy pickens. Rush 6 and watch them crumble. Something you didn't see on the Pack's Defensive side. I really wish they'd blitz Savage more from his position.

Rodgers being hit on the TD and again on the 2nd interception besides the amount of hits he took from TB's pass rush unsettled him on top of Tonyan's loss during the game. Just whatever they planned for the game it didn't work. Team needs a #2 yesterday.

Byrnes' play was so much better than Summers, I'd drop Summers sooner than later for whatever player you can add to the team that may help. Is there another Ervin type out there? How scared were you to see ESB as punt returner?

Positive side, can AJ Dillon get used on short yardage situations now more? After that one nice run, TB was clearly beat on play action the next, selling out he was going to be given the ball again. It's time to use Jones or Williams in a trade for some sort of help the team needs. WR, ILB, DE. Any trade ideas that would work?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:03 PM Post
We haven't lost much under MLF, but when we do, we really get crushed.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
PinaMadness said:
We haven't lost much under MLF, but when we do, we really get crushed.

This is accurate. We've had a meager 5 losses in his time here, and all but one were games like yesterday where they were basically run out of the building. Interestingly, all four of those were also on the road.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:18 PM Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the Packers and Bucs place in the same position in our respective divisions, which there is a very good chance of happening as I see both teams finishing in first place, we will be back in Tampa in 2021.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:20 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the Packers and Bucs place in the same position in our respective divisions, which there is a very good chance of happening as I see both teams finishing in first place, we will be back in Tampa in 2021.

Not that just that, but we dropped a common game with the Bears.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:27 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
PinaMadness said:

Not that just that, but we dropped a common game with the Bears.

I'm not afraid of them. We'll probably sweep them.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:38 PM Post
I'm not necessarily afraid of the Bears but it has happened before where they beat us once (or zero times) and still beat us out for the division. That's all it takes to make a path to the Super Bowl a lot harder.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:43 PM Post
When the Packers ran the ball up the middle in the A gap.

6 attempts - 58 yards - 9.6 AVG

Everywhere else

13 attempts - 18 yards - 1.3 AVG

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM
Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:46 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:

Everywhere else

Interesting and related, though Elgton Jenkins gave up his first career(!) sack yesterday, he had his best grade as a run blocker of the season...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 5:58 PM Post
Brew4U said:

Everywhere else

What's really disturbing is that schmucks like me were saying this on page one days before the game. It was a very obvious thing. Now, they got 25 of those yards on one play and I think 20 on another. But there shouldn't have been any lateral runs on that defense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 6:03 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Brew4U said:

Everywhere else

What's really disturbing is that schmucks like me were saying this on page one days before the game. It was a very obvious thing. Now, they got 25 of those yards on one play and I think 20 on another. But there shouldn't have been any lateral runs on that defense.

Correct. Our coaches seem to overthink things. The first outside run should’ve been after 15 attempts up the gut. Really poor coaching all around yesterday.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 19, 2020, 8:41 PM Post
Brew4U said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Brew4U said:

Everywhere else

Correct. Our coaches seem to overthink things. The first outside run should’ve been after 15 attempts up the gut. Really poor coaching all around yesterday.

Yeah...LaFleur had a terrible game plan yesterday and did a poor job adjusting. He's a young coach and we've played well, so hopefully, he'll do better in the future.

You can run outside and do those little pitches only if you've got them on their heels and you're pounding the ball down their throats. If you're not consistently doing anything, White and David are just too athletic.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 7:48 AM Post
Global Moderator
A couple positive shout-outs:
-Adams: No, not that one. Montravius. Finally showed up in the game and played well. I've called for his replacement several times over the last two years, but if he can keep that up, he was worth keeping.
- Jackson: Yes, he gave up a TD and had a big pass interference. But even on the PI, he got back into good position...just forgot to turn around for the ball. He was also very active with tackling and decent in coverage otherwise.
- Barnes: Doesn't have the speed of a White, but he sticks his nose in and makes sound tackles. Hoping to see Martin and Barnes side-by-side soon.

And some negative shout-outs:
- Lowry: Someone needs to remind him that he has forward gears and not just reverse. He made 5 tackles yesterday, but the big running plays seemed to be right past him each time.
- Rodgers: Running scared after the first quarter and his accuracy dropped back to last year's.
-Amos: I'm beginning to wonder if he might get cut to save salary cap. For a big veteran signing, he seems very vanilla. Not French Vanilla or even Watkins brand.... Some generic imitation vanilla. He is ok and normally in the spot he is supposed to be. But rarely seems to make any big plays.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 8:38 AM Post
CheezWizHed said:

-Amos: I'm beginning to wonder if he might get cut to save salary cap. For a big veteran signing, he seems very vanilla. Not French Vanilla or even Watkins brand.... Some generic imitation vanilla. He is ok and normally in the spot he is supposed to be. But rarely seems to make any big plays.

That was the problem with him in Chicago he is a good safety especially against the run and is a sure tackler. He just doesn't create turnovers though his hands are above average for a safety and he should get more interceptions but never does.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 9:25 AM Post
Global Moderator
nate82 said:
CheezWizHed said:

That was the problem with him in Chicago he is a good safety especially against the run and is a sure tackler. He just doesn't create turnovers though his hands are above average for a safety and he should get more interceptions but never does.

I have a lower bar for "big plays". I remember the knock of him for lack of interceptions. But even a key pass knockdown, a big tackle short of the 1st down, or a QB blitz (granted that is partly on play calls). After a year in the system, I expected him to step up a bit, but it looks like he regressed from last year. He is a mostly solid tackler (though he had some issues there too), but he often tackles the player after a big play is completed - kind of like Martinez last year. He gets in position for a pass defense, but still lets the receiver to catch the ball.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 11:03 AM Post
Amos' strength is his reliability on the back end - he's not a game-changing playmaker at the safety position.

Put him at the back end of a defensive front 7 that has dominant playmakers (ala Bears 2018), and he looks better than he is. Put him at the back end of a defensive front 7 that at times gets pushed around and isn't making plays in the backfield (this Packers' D on occasion), and he looks average simply because he's not going to blow up plays on his own. He reminds me alot of Morgan Burnett in that regard.

Amos would be a great compliment to an uber athletic safety who makes plays all over the field, like Eddie Jackson in 2018 - something Packers' brass have to be hoping Savage is as a player. Nagging injuries and inconsistency have kept Savage from being that kind of guy thus far.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 20, 2020, 8:11 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
Amos' strength is his reliability on the back end - he's not a game-changing playmaker at the safety position.

Put him at the back end of a defensive front 7 that has dominant playmakers (ala Bears 2018), and he looks better than he is. Put him at the back end of a defensive front 7 that at times gets pushed around and isn't making plays in the backfield (this Packers' D on occasion), and he looks average simply because he's not going to blow up plays on his own. He reminds me alot of Morgan Burnett in that regard.

Amos would be a great compliment to an uber athletic safety who makes plays all over the field, like Eddie Jackson in 2018 - something Packers' brass have to be hoping Savage is as a player. Nagging injuries and inconsistency have kept Savage from being that kind of guy thus far.

Agreed...he was supposed to be the perfect compliment to Savage(Who was compared to Earl Thomas in scouting reports).

Still, even if you think he hasn't played up to expectations, he'd only save the Packers 4.5 million...and at 10 a year, if he's overpaid, it's not by much. It just adds a hole next year. And they may have to fill in holes at CB, C, OT, DL, MLB, WR'er. So I'd hope they'd hold onto him, hope the defense around him and play to his strengths.

It's also a little hard to tell what a safety's doing exactly. He's not making big plays, but it's hard to see what he's taking away or how his coverage is from the TV. The Bears were high on him for just...like you said, being in the right place, getting the defense lined up and they thought he was underrated. So...there may just be things we can't see.

But I did hope for more from Amos.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 22, 2020, 7:21 AM Post
Global Moderator
I'm thinking the Packer's Wire needs to start crediting me on some of their articles. This wasn't the first time I've made a comment about someone on this forum, only to have a packer wire article come out a day or two later... [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  [ 378 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply