LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next  [ 320 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Bucks 2020 offseason thread

Offline  Re: Bucks 2020 offseason thread

Posted: November 16, 2020, 6:35 PM Post
Middleton, Wilson and the 1st rounder for....

James Harden.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 16, 2020, 8:36 PM Post
Global Moderator
Disappointing, but not surprising that Matthews opted out of his $2.7M contract.
Surprising, but not disappointing that Robin Brooks also opted out of his $5.0M contract.

I wonder if Matthews would take $5.0M? Robin might've done us a favor.

I see that the Lakers might want to sign Matthews. Not surprising as he basically neutralized (well better than most) LeBron when playing LA.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 16, 2020, 10:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
CheezWizHed said:
Disappointing, but not surprising that Matthews opted out of his $2.7M contract.
Surprising, but not disappointing that Robin Brooks also opted out of his $5.0M contract.

I wonder if Matthews would take $5.0M? Robin might've done us a favor.

I see that the Lakers might want to sign Matthews. Not surprising as he basically neutralized (well better than most) LeBron when playing LA.

Lopez option out was a shocker. But I guess he wants playing time. As you say, I think he's doing us a favor.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 16, 2020, 10:08 PM Post
Global Moderator
Mr Southpaw said:
Middleton, Wilson and the 1st rounder for....

James Harden.

That's would be weird to have Harden in Milwaukee. Fascinating, but weird.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 16, 2020, 10:44 PM Post
Jrue Holiday to the Bucks?

https://theathletic.com/news/jrue-holid ... KmlqUOiniZ

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 16, 2020, 10:49 PM Post
Jrue Holiday to the Bucks per ESPN's Woj

Jrue Holiday for Bledsoe/Hill/3 1st Rounders

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 16, 2020, 10:59 PM Post
You would HAVE to assume Giannis is extending and likely Jrue will extend as well for that kind of package.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 16, 2020, 11:52 PM Post
wallus said:
You would HAVE to assume Giannis is extending and likely Jrue will extend as well for that kind of package.

Agreed.... Crazy nuts if no extensions are announced.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 17, 2020, 7:12 AM Post
Now they are adding Brogdanovich too. I'll miss Donte...

The Holiday trade also gives the Pelicans two draft swaps as well.. pretty steep but the Bucks are all in...

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pelican ... 03154.html

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 17, 2020, 7:43 AM Post
That's going all-in. If Giannis doesnt extend now team wont be stuck in the 8th seed they'll be stuck in the 20win column.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 17, 2020, 8:35 AM Post
Just read a rumor that the Bucks were expected to "buy" several 2nd round picks in tomorrow's draft, as the 2nd round pick salary is significantly lower than the veteran minimum, and the Bucks are now that tight against the cap where that is important.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 17, 2020, 8:38 AM Post
Global Moderator
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Just read a rumor that the Bucks were expected to "buy" several 2nd round picks in tomorrow's draft, as the 2nd round pick salary is significantly lower than the veteran minimum, and the Bucks are now that tight against the cap where that is important.

That's good to hear. And it makes sense. I was thinking it would be nice to have gotten back a couple of 2nds so we could add a low level prospect or two. We need to develop a few players on our own if possible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 17, 2020, 8:39 AM Post
Global Moderator
Bucks also dealing Donte DiVincenzo, D.J. Wilson and Ersan Ilyasova to the Kings for Bogdan Bogdanovic.

Wow, what a roster transformation.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 17, 2020, 8:55 AM Post
Global Moderator
Giannis, Lopez, Middleton, Bogdanovic and Holiday are heck of a good starting five. After that - going to be all minimum wage guys.

These trades have transformed the Bucks into a really good starting five. Probably better than any in the league. But depth is weak, and there's no future picks for a long time (I think we don't have a first round pick for four years!). I wish we could have held on to DiVincenzo, but that's life.

Depending on Bogdanovic's salary (probably $15M or so), the team is about $27M below the hard cap ($139M), which we can't go over (this is because Bogdanovic was a sign and trade - and if you do a sign and trade deal, you have to stay under the hard cap).

That means we have to fill 7 slots with $27M (and you probably don't want to get to that ceiling so you can make an addition or two in-season).

Sterling Brown might be smart to come back for his $2.2M tender as he'd get a lot more playing time with the second unit. The good part is that veterans will want to come here to make a run at a championship.

The trading of 1st round picks for the next four years stinks, but this is a massive 'all in' move. Let's hope Giannis agrees and signs his extension. That will quiet all the speculation.

Going to be a fun season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 17, 2020, 9:02 AM Post
My guess is the Bucks will look to buy a couple of second round picks tonight. Second round picks are very cheap and can fill out the end of the bench - and who knows, maybe you get lucky.

I'd imagine they'll try to resign Matthews, probably go after a backup PG like Augustine, Jeff Teague or Justin Holiday. I think they still have Frank Mason too right? He might actually get some run next year. Others who could maybe be had for cheaper salaries to chase a ring...Morris brothers, Korver (if he wants to keep playing), Millsap, Mason Plumlee, Cousins, Avery Bradley, there's definitely others too.

Depth might be a bit tricky, but they should have some options for guys that still want rings.

All of this leads me to think they already have a handshake agreement with Giannis on the supermax...guess we find out soon enough.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Bucks 2020 offseason thread

Posted: November 17, 2020, 9:31 AM Post
Global Moderator
Looking at the cap and I see they're still paying Leuer and Larry Sanders? Yech.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 17, 2020, 9:36 AM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Looking at the cap and I see they're still paying Leuer and Larry Sanders? Yech.

Oh man ... Larry Sanders! I can't believe Sanders is only 31 years old!

I had such high hopes for him. The Bucks rarely have had that sort of athletic big man. In a different lifetime, he'd be such a great fit on this team..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 17, 2020, 9:40 AM Post
PeaveyFury said:

Apparently there's a chance that the Leuer money gets forgiven - I won't pretend to know how or why, but some guys on RealGM seem to think there's a chance that will happen. That would be huge given the money situation this year, as it's 3 million.

Sanders on the other hand...ugh.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 17, 2020, 10:02 AM Post
brwrsfan said:
My guess is the Bucks will look to buy a couple of second round picks tonight. Second round picks are very cheap and can fill out the end of the bench - and who knows, maybe you get lucky.

I'd imagine they'll try to resign Matthews, probably go after a backup PG like Augustine, Jeff Teague or Justin Holiday. I think they still have Frank Mason too right? He might actually get some run next year. Others who could maybe be had for cheaper salaries to chase a ring...Morris brothers, Korver (if he wants to keep playing), Millsap, Mason Plumlee, Cousins, Avery Bradley, there's definitely others too.

Depth might be a bit tricky, but they should have some options for guys that still want rings.

All of this leads me to think they already have a handshake agreement with Giannis on the supermax...guess we find out soon enough.

Yep:

"The Bucks are acquiring the No. 42 pick and No. 60 pick in Wednesday’s draft from the Pelicans, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA"

Part of the fine print on the Holiday deal, apparently.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 17, 2020, 10:18 AM Post
Bogdanovic is another big get that can truly take us over the top. He and Holiday will complement Giannis perfectly.

Glad to see the Bucks pick up a couple second round picks tonight to bring in some young talent. Hopefully Cassius Winston falls to the Bucks or they are able to trade up and draft him. I think he could be a Brogdon 2.0 type of player that can produce right away, do all the little things right, and hit some big shots. I remember checking a couple months ago and he was projected in the 40’s. Just checked again today and it looks like he might be a very late to early second round pick. He would be a nice get to spell Holiday.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next  [ 320 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply