Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 54 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 MLB Postseason: World Series

Offline  2020 MLB Postseason: World Series

Posted: October 19, 2020, 6:07 AM Post
Global Moderator

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 MLB Postseason: World Series

Posted: October 19, 2020, 8:08 AM Post
I'm so jealous of what Tampa has done as a club.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 9:22 AM Post
Global Moderator
In the last 13 years with butt attendance, in a brutal division, and a pretty small payroll tampa has made the playoffs six times with (now) two WS appearances. Good on them. Don't overpay on fa, don't get attached to your guys when they're past their prime and keep bringing in good young talent any way possible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 10:30 AM Post
Global Moderator
The Brewers are the second oldest franchise to never have won a World Series behind only the Padres (unless you count the year in Seattle, then they're tied for the most years as an established franchise without ever winning a World Series). If the Rays win the World Series we will be down to just five active franchises to have never won one. The Nationals exercised those demons last year, and the Padres appear to be in a good position to make a strong run over the next decade.

MLB Franchises to Never Win the World Series (Franchise Establishment Date)

Padres (1969)
Brewers (1970)
Rangers (1972)
Mariners (1977)
Rockies (1993)
Rays (1998)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 10:48 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Based on the way LA is playing it feels like Tampa is going to get smoked in this series. Dodgers in 5.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:00 PM Post
So every expansion team since 1993 has at least made it to the World Series once, with Arizona winning one and the Marlins winning two. Meanwhile after 38 years there doesn't seem to be a World Series in sight for us.

Oh well, go Dodgers.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020 MLB Postseason: World Series

Posted: October 19, 2020, 3:05 PM Post
I hope that if it ever does occur, I’ll cherish every moment of it. Not even sure it’ll feel real if it were to occur. I semi felt it last year as a Blues fan but my Brewers blood runs a lot thicker. I suppose it’d be much like the 90’s Packers for a lot of fans. Done with this endless rant. Just want it to friggin happen.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 5:55 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
So every expansion team since 1993 has at least made it to the World Series once, with Arizona winning one and the Marlins winning two. Meanwhile after 38 years there doesn't seem to be a World Series in sight for us.

Oh well, go Dodgers.

The Mariners haven't even made it to the World Series yet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2020, 6:06 PM Post
nate82 said:
PinaMadness said:

Oh well, go Dodgers.

Yeah, other than a nice run in the 90s with Johnson, Griffey and A-Rod, they've been a pretty pathetic franchise in their 44 year history. I believe they have the longest active streak of non playoff seasons, which is why I couldn't figure out why Stearns was so in love with Smoak, Narvaez and later, Vogelbach, although he did have a good year with us but hardly a cornerstone piece for a baseball team.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2020, 6:36 AM Post
nate82 said:
PinaMadness said:

Oh well, go Dodgers.

There aren't many teams out there where you can say the Brewers have had significantly more success over the course of their team's history, but the Mariners would definitely be one.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2020, 8:31 AM Post
nate82 said:
PinaMadness said:

Oh well, go Dodgers.

And this is the franchise with a 116-win season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2020, 8:47 AM Post
SomewhereInTime said:

There aren't many teams out there where you can say the Brewers have had significantly more success over the course of their team's history, but the Mariners would definitely be one.

Mariners have an all-time .470 winning pct vs a .481 for Milwaukee. That means Mariners, on average, go 76-86, Brewers 78-84. Mariners have a four-season stretch where they went an average of 98-64, 14 winning seasons out of 43, compared to Brewers 17 of 51, they have five hall-of-famers largely associated with their franchise (possibly 2 more with Ichiro and King Felix). I wouldn't in any way say that Milwaukee has had "significantly" more success, unless you are weighing recent results more heavily.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2020, 1:16 PM Post
Underachiever said:
SomewhereInTime said:

Mariners have an all-time .470 winning pct vs a .481 for Milwaukee. That means Mariners, on average, go 76-86, Brewers 78-84. Mariners have a four-season stretch where they went an average of 98-64, 14 winning seasons out of 43, compared to Brewers 17 of 51, they have five hall-of-famers largely associated with their franchise (possibly 2 more with Ichiro and King Felix). I wouldn't in any way say that Milwaukee has had "significantly" more success, unless you are weighing recent results more heavily.

Milwaukee has a pennant, more division titles (assuming you count 1981), more post-season appearances, and as you pointed out, a higher overall winning percentage. I think it's significant.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2020, 11:27 PM Post
After game 1 I believe the Dodgers will win in 5.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 21, 2020, 4:44 AM Post
nate82 said:
After game 1 I believe the Dodgers will win in 5.

+1..... When Atlanta couldn't finish off a three-to-one lead I knew the dodgers were destined to win the whole thing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 21, 2020, 7:55 PM Post
Dustin May has not been good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2020, 10:20 PM Post
Global Moderator
(insert maniacal Maverick Phillips laugh here)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2020, 10:21 PM Post
MAVERICK!!!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2020, 10:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
sveumrules said:
(insert maniacal Maverick Phillips laugh here)

Brett Phillips, World Series Game 4 hero. Unbelievable.

...also that defense from the Dodgers on the last play was remarkably awful.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020 MLB Postseason: World Series

Posted: October 24, 2020, 10:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
Wow what a game

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 54 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply