LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 230 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Game 7: Vikings @ Packers - Sunday, November 1st, Noon CT

Offline  Re: Game 7: Vikings @ Packers - Sunday, November 1st, Noon CT
Posted: November 01, 2020, 3:41 PM Post
Global Moderator
Harvey'sWBs said:
Bakhtiari doesn’t fix the run defense..

Did I say anything to imply that I thought the outcome would be different if he played?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 3:44 PM Post
SeaBass said:
I can't really recall a weather game at Lambeau that was quite like this one. Not terribly cold, clear conditions just really windy to the point it actually benefited the visiting team's style more than the Packers.

Yeah, the weather didn’t help. Neither did the penalties. And neither did missing David Bakhtiari and Aaron Jones. I’m willing to give them a pass today and not get too hung up on this one. But I gave them a pass two weeks ago and excuses are wearing thin. Hopefully, they right the ship soon.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 3:47 PM Post
The next 5 games could very easily be 1-4 or 2-3

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 3:49 PM Post
Right I'm not suggesting that's the reason they lost because that would be a giant stretch, I just thought it was a rare, interesting case of a bad weather home game that factored against them and it was not due to cold or rain/snow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 3:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
nodakfan17 said:
SeaBass said:
I can't really recall a weather game at Lambeau that was quite like this one. Not terribly cold, clear conditions just really windy to the point it actually benefited the visiting team's style more than the Packers.

Yeah, the weather didn’t help. Neither did the penalties. And neither did missing David Bakhtiari and Aaron Jones. I’m willing to give them a pass today and not get too hung up on this one. But I gave them a pass two weeks ago and excuses are wearing thin. Hopefully, they right the ship soon.

I think the difference is that Tampa is actually a really good team. This one is a clunker. Looking competent vs. San Fran would make most of us forget this one.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 3:53 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Harvey'sWBs said:

Did I say anything to imply that I thought the outcome would be different if he played?

I took your comment in the context of the larger discussion to determine why the team lost (and in a fashion that to compare to bovine excrement would be charitable). My point is that not looking ahead to Thursday (and I can’t stress this enough) likely would not have mattered. The defense had all preferred starters in the front seven. Think about that. A year after being road kill in the playoffs in San Francisco (again!), this personnel and scheme on defense is the plan. We can argue about trap games and refereeing and offensive play calls and finding second wide receivers and freaky weather and Rodgers’ body language and MLF’s ability to get the most out of players and so on until the cows come home, but the run defense is fatal. And the whole world knows it now, and there is no indication of any imminent fix.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals and Cubs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 3:57 PM Post
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/ ... 66784?s=20

Passive aggressive shots fired in Gute's general direction.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
PinaMadness said:
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1323018460494966784?s=20

I don't blame him. There isn't a third WR on this roster. Adams, Lazard, and a bunch of roster fillers at this point.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:10 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
PinaMadness said:

I don't blame him. There isn't a third WR on this roster. Adams, Lazard, and a bunch of roster fillers at this point.

By all rights Lazard is no better than a #3 anyway. His return alone is not going to cut it.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:12 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
PinaMadness said:

I am still not sure Lazard isn't just another Boykins either, just the best of a bunch of roster fillers who gained the confidence of a HOF QB.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:12 PM Post
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/ ... 13665?s=20

I know what the first step is.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:18 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1323024050281713665?s=20

I know what the first step is.

Will be interesting to see if MLF doesn't just give lip service to the defensive problems like MM did, the "we will fix it" mantra got old near the end.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:22 PM Post
Global Moderator
Harvey'sWBs said:
PeaveyFury said:
Harvey'sWBs said:

I took your comment in the context of the larger discussion to determine why the team lost

No, two separate points.

Harvey'sWBs said:
My point is that not looking ahead to Thursday (and I can’t stress this enough) likely would not have mattered.

Sorry, I think this is very off base, IMO. You can implement a half-hearted game plan expecting to win vs. an inferior team while planning ahead for the better team knowing you have a short week to do so. It happens literally all the time in sports, especially when you have a quick turnaround. They probably won't admit to much, but I would bet my next paycheck that staff devoted more time to San Fran this week than usual.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:27 PM Post
Global Moderator
Wow... that is a lot of hate on Lazard considering he was on pace for 69 catches, 1355 yds, and 11TDs the first three games of the year. I don't think Lazard would ever be a #1 WR (as those numbers would suggest), but has great recognition of defense, excellent hands, and just a knack for finding open spots. I think he is a #2 WR and clearly at least a #3.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:28 PM Post
Did Kenny Clark play in this game?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
lcbj68c said:
Did Kenny Clark play in this game?

Yes, he was playing MLB. Or at least I kept seeing him 5-7 yards behind the LOS.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Game 7: Vikings @ Packers - Sunday, November 1st, Noon CT
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:33 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
Wow... that is a lot of hate on Lazard considering he was on pace for 69 catches, 1355 yds, and 11TDs the first three games of the year. I don't think Lazard would ever be a #1 WR (as those numbers would suggest), but has great recognition of defense, excellent hands, and just a knack for finding open spots. I think he is a #2 WR and clearly at least a #3.

Yeah, I think people are just upset right now. If you have Lazard and Adams and add an actual slot guy to go with Tonyan and Sternberger, your offense is doing just fine.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:34 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:

In his last game(his best game) there were 2 long passes that to his credit he caught, but he also stumbled on both and somehow didn't score when he had like 5 yards separation at the 10 yard line. I like him and am excited to get him back but he is just not the fluid athlete you like to see in an starting NFL WR. Hope he proves me wrong.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 4:54 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Sorry, I think this is very off base, IMO. You can implement a half-hearted game plan expecting to win vs. an inferior team while planning ahead for the better team knowing you have a short week to do so. It happens literally all the time in sports, especially when you have a quick turnaround. They probably won't admit to much, but I would bet my next paycheck that staff devoted more time to San Fran this week than usual.

No need to apologize, but we do see this thing differently. I don’t know how we’d ever prove that players and coaches were looking ahead. I mean, it has a logic to it, but we’d never get definitive proof. But what I do know is that what we see on a weekly basis from defensive scheme and personnel is that the way they perform is intentional and the product of deliberate choices stemming from an organizational ethos. Pettine has admitted as much—we want to stop the pass and just pray the run doesn’t kill us. Well, it is murdering our championship aspirations yet again. That is not to discount the other problems this team has, but I do contend that we could address those other things and still lose to a 1-5 Vikings team (especially on a day like this, which becomes more likely the further we get into winter), much less a good team like the 49ers.

At this point, I guess we just have to desperately hope we can hold it together to stay in playoff position despite a potentially horrific second-half schedule, and get really lucky by missing the Buccs, 49ers, or even Saints (if the game is in NO) in the playoffs. But this defense does not hang with the Steelers, Ravens, or Titans (and I bet even pass-happy Andy Reid could learn to use Edwards-Hellaire enough to de-pants us) in any potential super bowl match up, so I’m struggling to hold even a glimmer of hope. This is another lost season, and you know what? Gute drafted like it. This is what you get.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals and Cubs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 5:40 PM Post
Did they take away the ability to challenge PI? I can't believe they picked that flag up.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 230 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply