LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  [ 230 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Game 7: Vikings @ Packers - Sunday, November 1st, Noon CT

Online  Re: Game 7: Vikings @ Packers - Sunday, November 1st, Noon CT
Posted: November 02, 2020, 7:41 AM Post
My thought on the Packers is that the COVID-19 abbreviated offseason actually gave them an advantage early in the season because they had so much continuity from last season.

While other teams like the Vikings had a lot of turn over were still trying to mesh, we basically resumed with last year's squad. Which was great early on, but now that every team is pretty well up to speed by now, our same problems from last year of no receivers other than Davante and no run defense are once again rearing their ugly head.

The 49ers backfield will likely be led on Thursday by JaMycal Hasty, a 5th string undrafted rookie RB. I still don't expect them to pass much. If Hasty goes for 20/100, there's no hope for this rush D.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2020, 7:53 AM Post
Couple other things:

1- Is Rashan Gary still on this team? I thought he was supposed to be this big riser this season. I actually had to go look to see if he has been inactive because of how invisible he's been.

2 - Kenny Clark needs to play a hell of a lot better football than he is for a guy making $17.5M a year at his position.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2020, 7:57 AM Post
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
Couple other things:

1- Is Rashan Gary still on this team? I thought he was supposed to be this big riser this season. I actually had to go look to see if he has been inactive because of how invisible he's been.

2 - Kenny Clark needs to play a hell of a lot better football than he is for a guy making $17.5M a year at his position.

I don't think either take is inaccurate at this point. Gary had some good games early, and he hasn't been very present since. I do think some of that is scheme- when you're not blitzing at all like yesterday, an edge isn't going to get his name called much, as with Z's quiet day.

Clark's season is a bit lost at this point. Obviously, injured for the first part, and largely ineffective since. I'm sure the former has effected the latter, but a resurgent Clark would go a long way towards helping with the run defense.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Game 7: Vikings @ Packers - Sunday, November 1st, Noon CT
Posted: November 02, 2020, 8:35 AM Post
Global Moderator
On a positive note, the Vikings are much less likely to get Lawrence now.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2020, 8:49 AM Post
homer said:
On a positive note, the Vikings are much less likely to get Lawrence now.

Gute plays chess while we play checkers...lol

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2020, 9:43 AM Post
I think we have some good defensive football players that are being used so poorly. Pettine is one of the biggest disappointments that I can remember for myself. I really thought he was going to be a game-changer. Looks more and more like Rex Ryan knew what he was doing and Pettine was just along for the ride.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2020, 10:11 AM Post
Brew4U said:
I think we have some good defensive football players that are being used so poorly. Pettine is one of the biggest disappointments that I can remember for myself. I really thought he was going to be a game-changer. Looks more and more like Rex Ryan knew what he was doing and Pettine was just along for the ride.

Yeah, they have one of the best corners in the game and one of the best NTs. That's a good start for any defense. The Smiths are still very talented pass rushers, and the safeties are at least acceptably good. I don't know if Gary is just a bust or if he's not being used right, but they obviously thought he was pretty talented to take him at 12.

Lowry/Lancaster/Adams isn't the greatest supporting cast for Clark but it isn’t like other teams don't have worse. They need some help on the line and at DE and I don't expect them to be the '85 Bears but they should be pretty good. It's hard to think any DC is doing less with more.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2020, 10:32 AM Post
AJ Dillon tested positive for COVID-19 after the game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2020, 5:46 PM Post
Brew4U said:

Well, Rex said he was embarrassed for the defense. I was with him all the way until the end when he blamed the ILB coach (Kirk Olivadotti) instead of Pettine and went as far as to say Pettine needs to take over coaching them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yeF59-PcPA

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2020, 8:41 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Couple other things:

I'll break my silence to pose this.
Who does GB miss more Khrs Barnes or Rashaan Gary when not on the field? Defense gains Nothing with Gary on the field. Mark it down worst pick for 2019. Heck even Kamal Martin made at least a couple plays yesterday. Has the deadline passed? Trade off Gary now before you waive him before 2022 season. Get something for that atrocious mistake of a 12th pick. Justin Harrell part 2.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  [ 230 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply