LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 19 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Daron Sutton Suspended for Insubordination (Latest: Mark Grace on leave of absence after DUI)

Offline  Daron Sutton Suspended for Insubordination (Latest: Mark Grace on leave of absence after DUI)

Posted: June 27, 2012, 8:24 AM Post
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8099919/arizona-diamondbacks-suspend-broadcaster-daron-sutton

I was never a fan, but this doesn't sound good for him.

Offline  Re: Daron Sutton Suspended for Insubordination

Posted: June 27, 2012, 9:51 AM Post
Sutton recently had been involved in a dispute with the Diamondbacks over the team's new on-air dress code.

I heard rumor that he also was in violation of the teams new bathroom hygiene code and was caught by mark grace leaving the seat up several times.

These are serious allegations and Darren better be getting his resume in order because the high class diamondbacks organization isn't going to allow these egregious violations to continue.....

Offline  Re: Daron Sutton Suspended for Insubordination (Latest: Mark Grace on leave of absence after DUI)

Posted: June 27, 2012, 10:05 AM Post
I heard that the real reason for his suspension is that he has contacted another MLB organization about a possible job.

Offline  Re: Daron Sutton Suspended for Insubordination (Latest: Mark Grace on leave of absence after DUI)

Posted: June 27, 2012, 10:12 AM Post
ARE YOU WATCHING, UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE?!

Posted: June 27, 2012, 10:25 AM Post
I guess being a jerk eventually catches up with you.........

Posted: June 27, 2012, 10:37 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Is there any evidence that he was caught job searching or that he is a jerk? Or are you guys just posting more unsubstantiated rumors?

Also, there are a few posts on this in the Random MLB news thread as well. I guess we can continue the discussion here, as long as it is kept reasonable.

Posted: June 27, 2012, 11:58 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
I think Daron's previous Brewers connection makes his current issue with Arizona of enough interest to warrant a separate thread.

This statement from the ESPN link especially caught my eye:

The Arizona Diamondbacks have suspended broadcaster Daron Sutton for "insubordination'' after determining that he had failed to comply with a number of management directives over the years, a baseball source told ESPN.com.

The phrasing makes me skeptical that it is 'years' worth of problems prompting this suspension. The "personal stuff" quote later in the story makes me hope that Daron straightens out whatever in his life needs it. Beyond that, I'm not particularly eager to hear details, substantiated or otherwise.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Offline  Re:

Posted: June 27, 2012, 12:09 PM Post
Mike2k33 said:
ARE YOU WATCHING, UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE?!

Thanks for that! I had totally forgotten about that.

Posted: June 27, 2012, 12:50 PM Post
I always like Sutton. Mostly because if I was out in the back yard and a Brewer hit a home run, I still was able to hear it from the television inside.

Online  Re: Daron Sutton Suspended for Insubordination (Latest: Mark Grace on leave of absence after DUI)

Posted: June 27, 2012, 1:56 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Fwiw, BA just mentioned on the broadcast that Aaron (? Eric?) Collins will be Rock's p-b-p partner for the national Fox game this weekend.

Posted: June 29, 2012, 12:43 PM Post
interesting that his insubordination was by choosing to wear a suit rather than a golf shirt on the air.

Posted: June 29, 2012, 7:24 PM Post
Fwiw, FSN AZ is still showing commercials with Sutton in them as a "representative" of the Dbacks. I will say the radio guy (Greg Schulte) they have filling in for Sutton is 10x better.

Posted: June 30, 2012, 2:49 AM Post
My lasting memory of Sutton will always be riding down the service elevator at miller park after a game(around 2004 or 2005) with him. He had his usual full suit on, except below the waist, where he was wearing tommy bahama floral print shorts(while drinking a Miller Lite). He didn't have the pants over his shoulder or anything, so i had to assume he just showed up for work like that. Whenever i would see him on TV after that, i always pictured him wearing those shorts just below camera level.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Posted: June 30, 2012, 11:29 PM Post
I saw Sutton once prior to a game walking the concourse wearing dress shirt, slacks and sandals.

Posted: August 24, 2012, 8:54 PM Post
Who would have thought that the Diamondbacks would have this much drama in the broadcast booth this season?

First Sutton and now Mark Grace with a DUI.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/83006 ... dbacks-job

Posted: August 25, 2012, 10:08 AM Post
nate82 said:
Who would have thought that the Diamondbacks would have this much drama in the broadcast booth this season?

First Sutton and now Mark Grace with a DUI.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/83006 ... dbacks-job

Wow, Scottsdale. Looks like Gracie is going to be wearing pink underwear in tent city in the near future.

Posted: August 25, 2012, 10:21 AM Post
Global Moderator
Grace will probably need one of his famous slump busters after this episode. Yikes.

Posted: August 25, 2012, 1:09 PM Post
Suspended license plus likely Aggravated DUI charges is a felony here in AZ.

Posted: August 28, 2012, 12:33 PM Post
they gave charles barkley a slap on the wrist. considering gracie is a repeat offense, i dont think there is much help for an aristocrat!!! prob attending fewer az cards games this mlb offseason for sure.

[ 19 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply