LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 32 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Where's Brian Anderson?

Offline  Where's Brian Anderson?

Posted: May 09, 2016, 9:26 PM Post
I have not listened to all of the Brewers tv broadcasts, but it seems to me that for most of them Brian Anderson is MIA. I don't mind Lepay, but where is Anderson?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson

Posted: May 09, 2016, 9:28 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
He's working NBA playoff games.

"The key is identifying the moment. The worst is when you try to do it halfway: when you think you can compete and you also think you're trying to rebuild. Then you're stuck in no-man's-land. You either do it or you don't." -- Billy Beane

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson

Posted: May 09, 2016, 10:41 PM Post
You can listen to him on TNT right now calling the Warriors/Blazers game.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Where's Brian Anderson?

Posted: May 10, 2016, 7:35 AM Post
Lepay's great doing football and basketball on radio, but he's not good doing baseball on television. I'm thankful to have access to out of town telecasts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2016, 1:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
JohnBriggs12 said:
Lepay's great doing football and basketball on radio, but he's not good doing baseball on television. I'm thankful to have access to out of town telecasts.

Yeah, he's ......adequate for baseball, and that's really about it. Sometimes his homerun calls are strange.

"He lifts a flyball to left..............AND IT'S GONE!"

I understand that you as the viewer can see the action and the flight of the ball, but the tone of Lepay's voice usually provides very little information or indication of drama until it's already happened. I realize he's not a "baseball" guy, so often the things that are going on are probably not processing until they've happened, but it's still a (minor) gripe.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2016, 9:18 PM Post
I really respect Lepay. He's never been a baseball guy, but from his very first game he has been a professional. Does his homework on Brewers history, whats going on the league, and yes even knows how to pronounce the players' names. His delivery isn't as polished as BA, but that's to be expected.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2016, 1:40 PM Post
First game back and he talks endlessly about how long the game is going. I get that a five hour game is long, but he couldn't get off the topic last night (5/14). He makes it sound like it is such a chore for him and others at the ballpark to be there. I came home at 10 expecting the game ( and post game) to be well done, but I was excited to see some baseball with the Crew hitting in the bottom of the ninth (tied). Every two minutes he's bringing up how long the game is going with a burdensome tone.

Just now, while typing this (bottom 5th 5/15) he talks about last night as another "long night at the ballpark". First game back? Stay home, Anderson, or remember that your viewers are trying to enjoy the game, even if you have mailed it in early.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2016, 2:13 PM Post
Do you think you were so eager to enjoy the game because you got to miss 3-4 hours of it? I think you're nitpicking what he was saying quite a bit, especially if he's been there for the entirety of a 5 hour contest while one of the complaints about the game today is the game is getting too long.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2016, 3:39 PM Post
Rock brought it up as much as BA. They were half joking about it, I think you read a bit too much into it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2016, 6:35 PM Post
Now that he's back I'm reminded again of why I don't understand how people can enjoy him. He does nothing well other than not be annoying. Vanilla would call him bland

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 16, 2016, 7:27 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Now that he's back I'm reminded again of why I don't understand how people can enjoy him. He does nothing well other than not be annoying. Vanilla would call him bland

Shouldn't the play-by-play guy be bland? [wink]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 16, 2016, 7:28 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Rock brought it up as much as BA. They were half joking about it, I think you read a bit too much into it.

The radio team talked about it a lot as well. There were several jokes about the west coast games all being done before a 6:10 start in Milwaukee. And Andy Grammer having to wait forever to start his post-game show.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2017, 2:34 PM Post
rickh150 said:
First game back and he talks endlessly about how long the game is going. I get that a five hour game is long, but he couldn't get off the topic last night (5/14). He makes it sound like it is such a chore for him and others at the ballpark to be there. I came home at 10 expecting the game ( and post game) to be well done, but I was excited to see some baseball with the Crew hitting in the bottom of the ninth (tied). Every two minutes he's bringing up how long the game is going with a burdensome tone.

Just now, while typing this (bottom 5th 5/15) he talks about last night as another "long night at the ballpark". First game back? Stay home, Anderson, or remember that your viewers are trying to enjoy the game, even if you have mailed it in early.

Quoting myself from roughly a year ago....again, first game back and he keeps talking about length of game! He couldn't stop if he tried! Seriously, keep track of how much he talks about pace of play, length of game, breaks in play, mound very sits, etc. I know there is horrible weather at the game today; still, I don't need to be reminded how awful it is to be working a long MLB game. It's like it's small torture for the man to sit thru a 3 hour plus game.
I am not calling for a replacement, just change of talking points.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2017, 9:40 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

I don't understand it either. Anderson is total snooze. Let the national broadcasts have him. Actually, no, he's brutal on NBA playoffs too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Sterns has brought me back..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2017, 6:53 AM Post
I like Brian Anderson and think he is a very good announcer but I actually think Matt Lepay is better

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2017, 8:04 AM Post
Religion, politics, and baseball announcers. We'll never all agree, and not everyone has to love our guys, but listen to some other local or even national broadcasts and many will appreciate that the guys we have are pretty darn good.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2017, 9:35 AM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:
Religion, politics, and baseball announcers. We'll never all agree, and not everyone has to love our guys, but listen to some other local or even national broadcasts and many will appreciate that the guys we have are pretty darn good.

Yeah I had to listen to the Padres broadcast on Thursday and wasn't particularly impressed. Their color guys is especially annoying.

advocates for the devil

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2017, 10:11 AM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:

I hate that whenever Brian Anderson comes up it comes down to "everyone else sucks" so Brian is good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2017, 10:27 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
BuckyBrewer61 said:

I hate that whenever Brian Anderson comes up it comes down to "everyone else sucks" so Brian is good.

My bar for liking an announcer is not high. It begins with the announcer actually liking to be at the ballpark.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 22, 2017, 6:59 AM Post
DoubleSwitch said:
BuckyBrewer61 said:

Yeah I had to listen to the Padres broadcast on Thursday and wasn't particularly impressed. Their color guys is especially annoying.

Last week I was in Michigan for business so I had the Tigers broadcast on. With men on 1st and 3rd, the analysis was "..the guy needs to put the ball in play so the guy on first can run this way and the guy on third wants to run that way." Even used the teleprompter.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 32 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply