LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 102 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Tim Tebow pursuing baseball career

Offline  Tim Tebow pursuing baseball career

Posted: August 09, 2016, 7:51 AM Post
Link

Anyone wondering what former Brewers catcher Chad Moeller has been up to, the correct answer is working out Tim Tebow.

Might be one way to excite the Kissamee ownership to re-upping with the Brewers....

Last edited by ZBTMP on August 09, 2016, 8:10 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Tim Tebow pursuing baseball career

Posted: August 09, 2016, 8:09 AM Post
Please leave our sport alone and go away Mr. Tebow. Thank you. Good day.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 10:40 AM Post
what a joke. he hasn't played baseball since highschool and he wasn't even a top recruit then, and now he thinks he can actually play at age 29? go away.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 10:45 AM Post
Why can't he just go into coaching football already if he wants his competitive juices flowing? I'm sure he can start as a lower level assistant for almost anyone and likely move up to QB Coach and OC before long. This is just stupid and a publicity stunt. That or of course just stick with doing TV for ESPN/SEC, he's actually good at it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 11:27 AM Post
If it means I see less of Ramon Flores or Matt Garza, sign Tebow to a MLB contract immediately. [laughing] Stick to football. You would be a good fit at any SEC school. They need all the positive role models they can get.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 11:28 AM Post
If it means I see less of Ramon Flores or Matt Garza, sign Tebow to a MLB contract immediately. [laughing] Stick to football. You would be a good fit at any SEC school. They need all the positive role models they can get.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 12:13 PM Post
Maybe you guys should go away? Why can't a man do something without people attacking him? We was a really good baseball player back in high school. Honestly probably good enough to play some passable minor league baseball. If the dude wants to tryout for some MLB teams why can't he? If you read the article it says he tried out for the Dodgers before the season and they had some kind of interest in him. Sounds like he may be better than you guys are giving him credit for. I didn't read anything where he wants an MLB contract. Maybe he is just hoping to play some minor league baseball and see where it takes him.

He can be a broadcaster till 100 if he wants. However his time to play professional sports is much shorter. It sounds like he has actually put some work into this without making it a publicity circus. Good for him and good luck.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 12:23 PM Post
This guy gets a lot of hate for really nothing other than being a college football media darling. I don't see how it's his fault that ESPN shoved him down our throats his whole college and short-live pro career.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 12:59 PM Post
I agree with Jericho, it's not really his fault ESPN is obsessed with him. Didn't mean for mine to come off as hating on him. Just saying baseball is the hardest sport to get anywhere and impossible for 29 yr old to all of a sudden pick it up. I just think his clearest best path in sports is to be a college football coach and I think he'd be good at it. If that doesn't click just go back to broadcasting. But if he just wants to play A ball for a few years for the fun of it, good for him, just sucks that espn will spend half their day covering it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 1:09 PM Post
I think it shows a total lack of humility and self-awareness to think that you can step in after a decade+ away and think you can play baseball. He seems pretty arrogant, same reason that he wouldn't go to the CFL to keep his football dreams alive.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 1:59 PM Post
MillerParkSouth said:
I think it shows a total lack of humility and self-awareness to think that you can step in after a decade+ away and think you can play baseball. He seems pretty arrogant, same reason that he wouldn't go to the CFL to keep his football dreams alive.

You seem way too concerned about Tebow's life.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 2:04 PM Post
MillerParkSouth said:
He seems pretty arrogant, same reason that he wouldn't go to the CFL to keep his football dreams alive.

...or play a position other than Quarterback.

Maybe God wants him to be a starting shortstop now.
(That's not a knock on Christianity; I am part of that demographic....just one who thinks the concept of "faith" is incompatible with a God who sends such personalized and direct communications, particularly when those communications are self-serving to the proclaimed recipient.)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 2:43 PM Post
I'm concerned about Tim Tebow's life because he's been force fed to us by the media for the past decade. It's been very refreshing having him out of the spotlight for the last few years and I'm annoyed that he's putting himself back in it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 3:30 PM Post
Never been a fan of Tebow but who am I to criticize another man for pursuing their wishes or dreams. I'd give it a try too if I had his resources and athletic ability. He'll most likely fail but good for him for trying.

Dude is definitely jacked. Hit .450 in high school.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/after-watching-this-video-of-tim-tebow-hitting-in-a-batting-cage-im-as-convinced-as-ever-that-he-can-make-it-to-the-majors/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 4:00 PM Post
I really dislike this guy. I hope he falls flat on his face. I dont wanna crucify the guy but give me a break and...well, I'm only gonna rant so I'll shut up.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 5:32 PM Post
Who cares? Don't watch.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 10:30 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'm amused by all the hate publicity Tebow gets. Especially since he could care less. Bat on Tim... bat on.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2016, 11:06 PM Post
MillerParkSouth said:
I'm concerned about Tim Tebow's life because he's been force fed to us by the media for the past decade. It's been very refreshing having him out of the spotlight for the last few years and I'm annoyed that he's putting himself back in it.

Did I miss something and Tebow is PAYING the media to put him back in the spotlight? If not, I am not getting the connection here between him and "putting himself in the spotlight." He has every right to do whatever the heck he wants, who are you to judge?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2016, 7:22 AM Post
Might I suggest MMA? I think people would pay to watch that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2016, 8:54 AM Post
He can't be any worse that Michael Jordan was, most likely better than Garth Brooks as well. I'm sure he has a cannon for an arm, he's fast, and he can't be a worse outfielder than Adam Dunn or his ilk. He's a phenomenal athlete, I think the time lapse probably makes his making the majors an unlikelihood, but I wouldn't be surprised if he could mash in the minors. He's huge, and he's played in the past. I'm sure he can hit a fastball a long way. I'm not sure how he's much different from a Monte Harrison type, just older, and more mature physically and mentally. This will keep him busy until he's old enough to be president in a few years.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 102 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply