LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 351 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers to announce largest-ever capital project at Miller Park (Latest: multimillion dollar concessions project, post 74)

Offline  Re: Brewers to announce largest-ever capital project at Miller Park (Latest: multimillion dollar concessions project, post 74)
Posted: May 09, 2017, 5:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
If one of the goals of this new concession experience is to get fans through faster, then they still have work to do.

The home plate taco stand was slowwwww... and the lines elsewhere were not moving at all.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brewers to announce largest-ever capital project at Miller Park (Latest: multimillion dollar concessions project, post 74)
Posted: May 09, 2017, 6:19 PM Post
JimH5 said:
If one of the goals of this new concession experience is to get fans through faster, then they still have work to do.

The home plate taco stand was slowwwww... and the lines elsewhere were not moving at all.

Was there a couple weekends ago and it was fast getting food. Both my wife and I noticed.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 09, 2017, 7:09 PM Post
Global Moderator
And now I get a polish sausage and there isn't a bottle Secret Stadium Sauce to be found...

And the one sweatshirt I'd like to buy from the team shop is sold out of XL.

Not my night.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 09, 2017, 7:44 PM Post
It's sounding more and more like when I visit this summer I might as well plan on carrying in any food for the couple of games I am able to attend.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 09, 2017, 8:06 PM Post
Global Moderator
I hope they're just working out the kinks...and others have had no problem, so maybe it's just me.

Still, tonight is a VERY light crowd, so you'd think they would be cranking it out.

To their credit, the beef tacos were pretty good. And I think the polish sausage is bigger than in the past.

I still prefer to eat at the park. I just thought after the big effort that it would be awesome...and it's a little short of that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 10, 2017, 2:16 PM Post
I went to the Brewers game on Sat 4/29 and here are my 3 concession's encounters:
1. ~ 40 min before game started - went to AJ Bombers (near the original location) to get cheese curds, tots and a burger. My son got his tots and cheese curds right away and I had to wait about 15 minutes to get my burger as they "ran out" (or that was their explanation after originally saying it would only be a couple minutes)

2. It was $1 hotdog / $1 soda day. My son wanted a hot dog and we got it just a few minutes on the 100 level. The stand we were at had 1 person in line.

3. During about the 5th inning as we were sitting behind home in the 400 section, my son wanted the ice cream in a helmet and I waited for about 30 minutes. Missed 1.5 innings of the game. They had 1 cashier and 1 "helper" person.

I did notice the lines for the new craft beer stands/bars were very short. But I have also been to 19 parks around MLB and rarely do I have to wait for a beer. At $10 a beer, I really shouldn't have to.

My sarcastic response is that it seems like they are paying for the concession rebuild by paying less workers. I will be back this Saturday and will see if it's any better.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2017, 7:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
I ripped the Brewers earlier in the week for being slow.

To their credit, tonight was much faster.

I went to the burger stand on the Loge level, all the way down the 3rd base line.

No lines, no waiting. The food was fine, an AJ Burger--it was already made, in a clamshell box.

I got it around 8:00 p.m. tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2017, 10:02 PM Post

GIF Master
DHonks said:
so JimH5, they only have the self serve squirt area for secret stadium sauce? Maybe I'm thinking of County Stadium where they had the foil pans they'd roll your hot dog/sausage in before putting it in the bun.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 13, 2017, 8:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
Hmmm... I think Honky might have been messing with me and I was busy with my food reviews.

I usually am not so dense. But I do love that sauce.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 8:58 AM Post
Went to my first game of the year on Sunday, got there early, and didn't have any trouble with lines for the concessions before the game.

Sat down with the family at one of the tables in RF on the loge level, wanted to try the sliced brisket...only to find that the RF Loge location for Smoke shack was closed for the day; the signage posting the closure recommended going to the alternate location on the left field side....which turned out to be on the opposite end of the ballpark. The sandwich turned out to be surprisingly dry; while I did add some sauce from a bottle at the stand, per the vendor's recommendation....I wasn't about to walk back to the stand to put more sauce on after tasting.

Still fared better than my brother and mother, whose brats were not warmed.

Needless to say, I'm probably back to carry-ins going forward. They didn't improve food quality, so much as they just raised the prices.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 9:29 AM Post
I'm not sure how many Brewer fans realize this, but the majority of the Miller Park concession stands are run by volunteers of non-profit organizations as a way to fund raise.

These volunteers work their butts off for minimal compensation for their efforts on behalf of these organizations.

I have volunteered as part of a fundraising effort in the past. It's one step up from a living hell.

After the experience, I would never eat any food product sold from a concession stand at Miller Park ever again.

The Brewers PR can try to spin this as a way that they are helping these Non-Profits fund raise.

Fans may think that by supporting these concession stands by purchasing overpriced, low quality food at the ballpark they are supporting a good cause.

Don't be fooled, by purchasing any food from a concession at Miller Park, you are basically supporting this racket that the Brewers have going that is one step above slave labor.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 12:25 PM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
I'm not sure how many Brewer fans realize this, but the majority of the Miller Park concession stands are run by volunteers of non-profit organizations as a way to fund raise.

These volunteers work their butts off for minimal compensation for their efforts on behalf of these organizations.

I have volunteered as part of a fundraising effort in the past. It's one step up from a living hell.

After the experience, I would never eat any food product sold from a concession stand at Miller Park ever again.

The Brewers PR can try to spin this as a way that they are helping these Non-Profits fund raise.

Fans may think that by supporting these concession stands by purchasing overpriced, low quality food at the ballpark they are supporting a good cause.

Don't be fooled, by purchasing any food from a concession at Miller Park, you are basically supporting this racket that the Brewers have going that is one step above slave labor.

Agree with this. I "volunteered" a few times in college. I've worked in a few different food service jobs and could not believe how unclean and mismanaged these stands were. Our stand manager gave us about 30 seconds of instructions and then ran down the long list of things they would dock our organization money for. Five of us put in 4 hours of work to make about $300. When you included the two hour winter orientation, which is basically just informing you how not to over serve people, it's really a waste of time. The only thing that made it worth it was walking out of the stadium with a few San Francisco Giants since you use the same entrance as the visiting team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 6:58 AM Post

But don't these organizations still gain something for doing this? I have worked at a stand for a charity before as well. It wasn't the most fun experience but that being said, I think that the term "one step above slave labor" for a few hours worth of work at a ballpark may be a bit overstretching it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 10:58 PM Post
Did the Brewers get rid of the large pretzel? I looked at all the stands on the terrace level where one used to be. I ended up buying a Bavarian pretzel which was cold and horrible. The boxed pretzels that can be microwaved tastes better.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2017, 7:52 AM Post
bjkrautk said:

Needless to say, I'm probably back to carry-ins going forward. They didn't improve food quality, so much as they just raised the prices.

Yes. I decided I'll still have a few beers in the park because I really enjoy drinking beer. But the food is really not good. My friend got the braised beef tacos last night & there was like a half inch of liquid on the bottom. I had the chicken nachos and they were OK. The 25% SSH discount made it a bit easier to stomach. A couple weeks ago I got a hot dog and it looked like it was cooked on one side and it was cold and the bun was horrible. I don't mind paying higher prices for even slightly above average food but the chances of getting something borderline inedible doesn't make it worth it.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Brewers to announce largest-ever capital project at Miller Park (Latest: multimillion dollar concessions project, post 74)
Posted: May 24, 2017, 8:05 AM Post
Unfortunate the food sucks so much at Miller Park. In my experience the stands from an actual business(like AJ Bombers) tend to have decent food. Guessing because such places employ their own workers.

Volunteers is no excuse as I am sure most ballparks do that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2017, 8:11 AM Post
I don't think people would say too much about the food taste if it wasn't so over priced. That's not changing but if you're going to sell $10 nachos, then they better be really good. Not out of the can cheese with some beef tossed on top.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2017, 8:23 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

Five of us put in 4 hours of work to make about $300.

Am I missing something here, they paid $15/hr/volunteer to your organization... that's slave labor? Seems more than fair especially considering it also costs MP money to constantly train the volunteers.... they could be more efficient and profitable hiring their own staff. The non-profits are benefiting from this arrangement, not the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2017, 9:39 AM Post
Mays Hayes said:
jerichoholicninja said:

Five of us put in 4 hours of work to make about $300.

Am I missing something here, they paid $15/hr/volunteer to your organization... that's slave labor? Seems more than fair especially considering it also costs MP money to constantly train the volunteers.... they could be more efficient and profitable hiring their own staff. The non-profits are benefiting from this arrangement, not the Brewers.

I wasn't the one that said it was slave labor and I wouldn't agree that it is. However we had a manager who treated us like we were veterans at the job and stayed in the back the whole time except to come out and tell us when we did something wrong. Then throw in the sober customers who don't know you're volunteers and treat you like crap when you make a mistake and the obnoxious drunk customers who treat you like crap because they're drunk and it's just a horrible experience.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2017, 2:35 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
BrewersSuperCollector said:
Did the Brewers get rid of the large pretzel? I looked at all the stands on the terrace level where one used to be. I ended up buying a Bavarian pretzel which was cold and horrible. The boxed pretzels that can be microwaved tastes better.

The Bavarian pretzel you mentioned is the only one I've seen at the park. I haven't had a cold one yet (small sample size : 2), but I miss the variety of toppings that were available. Now it's salted, unsalted (though that's useful for some people's diets and I appreciate that option) or with a cheese cup for an extra $1+.

At Tuesday night's game the guest relations ladies we know remarked on how Miller Park is still short on concession employees.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 351 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply