LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  [ 566 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

40-man roster discussion (part 2)

Offline  Re: 40-man roster discussion (part 2)
Posted: November 05, 2019, 5:33 PM Post
Vollbc74 said:
Vollbc74 said:
Here is my rough 40-man and payroll calculations

Forgot to remove Austin and Spangenberg who elected FA after being outrighted. Payroll stands at roughly 96.35M

It's David Freitas, not Jake.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 05, 2019, 5:41 PM Post
I still can't see any reason to tender Shaw. It wasn't just a bad year, it was off the charts bad. If you pay him close to $5 million, you commit yourself to giving him a significant amount of ABs to start the year. What serious contender has a guy playing an offensive position taking ABs after posting numbers like Shaw did in 2019?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 05, 2019, 6:12 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
I still can't see any reason to tender Shaw. It wasn't just a bad year, it was off the charts bad. If you pay him close to $5 million, you commit yourself to giving him a significant amount of ABs to start the year. What serious contender has a guy playing an offensive position taking ABs after posting numbers like Shaw did in 2019?

No you don’t. Arby salaries aren’t guaranteed. If he still looks lost in Spring Training, you cut bait and move on.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 06, 2019, 7:58 AM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
Vollbc74 said:
Vollbc74 said:
Here is my rough 40-man and payroll calculations

Forgot to remove Austin and Spangenberg who elected FA after being outrighted. Payroll stands at roughly 96.35M

It's David Freitas, not Jake.

Good catch. Had him in correctly in the other tabs. My brain must have blended Freitas, Nottingham and Faria!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 06, 2019, 8:50 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
JohnBriggs12 said:

No you don’t. Arby salaries aren’t guaranteed. If he still looks lost in Spring Training, you cut bait and move on.

Yeah but your paying $800K+ to see what Shaw looks like. That is quite a chunk of change, especially if you plan to do the same thing with Nelson.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 06, 2019, 9:00 AM Post
Roderick said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
JohnBriggs12 said:

Yeah but your paying $800K+ to see what Shaw looks like. That is quite a chunk of change, especially if you plan to do the same thing with Nelson.

That is true. There is some risk involved. It just isn't the high level of risk initially implied.

I personally think they bring Nelson back. Shaw is a tougher call. I would personally do it, but the Brewers may go a different direction. I think a lot of that decision is going to come down to what the FA market looks like by the tender deadline.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  [ 566 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply