LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next  [ 633 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

40-man roster discussion (part 2)

Offline  Re: 40-man roster discussion (part 2)
Posted: November 05, 2019, 5:33 PM Post
Vollbc74 said:
Vollbc74 said:
Here is my rough 40-man and payroll calculations

Forgot to remove Austin and Spangenberg who elected FA after being outrighted. Payroll stands at roughly 96.35M

It's David Freitas, not Jake.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 05, 2019, 5:41 PM Post
I still can't see any reason to tender Shaw. It wasn't just a bad year, it was off the charts bad. If you pay him close to $5 million, you commit yourself to giving him a significant amount of ABs to start the year. What serious contender has a guy playing an offensive position taking ABs after posting numbers like Shaw did in 2019?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 05, 2019, 6:12 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
I still can't see any reason to tender Shaw. It wasn't just a bad year, it was off the charts bad. If you pay him close to $5 million, you commit yourself to giving him a significant amount of ABs to start the year. What serious contender has a guy playing an offensive position taking ABs after posting numbers like Shaw did in 2019?

No you don’t. Arby salaries aren’t guaranteed. If he still looks lost in Spring Training, you cut bait and move on.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 06, 2019, 7:58 AM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
Vollbc74 said:
Vollbc74 said:
Here is my rough 40-man and payroll calculations

Forgot to remove Austin and Spangenberg who elected FA after being outrighted. Payroll stands at roughly 96.35M

It's David Freitas, not Jake.

Good catch. Had him in correctly in the other tabs. My brain must have blended Freitas, Nottingham and Faria!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 06, 2019, 8:50 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
JohnBriggs12 said:

No you don’t. Arby salaries aren’t guaranteed. If he still looks lost in Spring Training, you cut bait and move on.

Yeah but your paying $800K+ to see what Shaw looks like. That is quite a chunk of change, especially if you plan to do the same thing with Nelson.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 06, 2019, 9:00 AM Post
Roderick said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
JohnBriggs12 said:

Yeah but your paying $800K+ to see what Shaw looks like. That is quite a chunk of change, especially if you plan to do the same thing with Nelson.

That is true. There is some risk involved. It just isn't the high level of risk initially implied.

I personally think they bring Nelson back. Shaw is a tougher call. I would personally do it, but the Brewers may go a different direction. I think a lot of that decision is going to come down to what the FA market looks like by the tender deadline.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 2:34 PM Post
https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/stat ... 00928?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 2:43 PM Post

Roster Guru
the brewers apparently have claimed, rather than signed, eric yardley, who had previously been with the padres.

yardley has all three minor league options intact.

if he was signed as a free agent after being released by san diego, it's important to note that he was first outrighted off their 40-man roster. this would factor in if the brewers wish to send yardley outright to the minor leagues again.

the roster is at 33.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 20, 2019, 5:38 PM Post
https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/ ... 81504?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 20, 2019, 5:45 PM Post
markedman5 said:
https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/1197296768012181504?s=21

Interesting.
Francona was a fan of Mathias. Mark is good glove and utility guy..

Its been a while since the 2 teams completed a deal. Time to update the trade thread.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 20, 2019, 7:02 PM Post
I just searched the forum for Mathias and am surprised his name only came up in MadThinker88's post. I could swear that...way back...his name was brought up pretty frequently in the transaction proposal forum. This would have been before the suggested Santana/Salazar swap. May go as far back as Lucroy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 20, 2019, 7:19 PM Post
JosephC said:
I just searched the forum for Mathias and am surprised his name only came up in MadThinker88's post. I could swear that...way back...his name was brought up pretty frequently in the transaction proposal forum. This would have been before the suggested Santana/Salazar swap. May go as far back as Lucroy.

Mathias was not part of the failed Lucroy trade. The 4 names were Francisco Mejia (C), Yu Chang (INF), Greg Allen (OF) & Shawn Armstrong (RHRP)

As for other people/ possibilities of raising Mark Mathias as a target I cannot say.

Can anyone confirm if Mathias got added to the 40 man? I know he is eligible for the R5 this year but I haven't seen anything official of him being added..

Last edited by MadThinker88 on November 21, 2019, 8:09 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 40-man roster discussion (part 2)
Posted: November 20, 2019, 7:28 PM Post
Mathias is added to the 40.

Hey, Dubon's back!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 20, 2019, 8:26 PM Post
Ray and Feyereisen added to the 40-man Brown, Webb, and Erceg left off.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/m ... 243897002/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 20, 2019, 11:37 PM Post

Roster Guru
with the three adds today, the roster is at 36.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 2:08 PM Post

Roster Guru
trade is official with san diego.

zach davies and trent grisham traded for eric lauer (three options remaining), luis urias (two options remaining) and a player to be named later or cash.

the player to be named later is usually not on a major league contract.

two subtractions, two additions to the 40-man. the roster remains at 36.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 2:34 PM Post
https://twitter.com/kylel_brewers/statu ... 47620?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 2:46 PM Post
markedman5 said:
https://twitter.com/kylel_brewers/status/1199785883710447620?s=21

Odd, and somewhat disappointing decision. Guerra was extremely useful in multiple roles for the Brewers, and was always effective in most of them. Gonna see a lot of turnover on the pitching staff in 2020 it appears.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 2:54 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
markedman5 said:
https://twitter.com/kylel_brewers/status/1199785883710447620?s=21

Odd, and somewhat disappointing decision. Guerra was extremely useful in multiple roles for the Brewers, and was always effective in most of them. Gonna see a lot of turnover on the pitching staff in 2020 it appears.

Sort of expected, as Junior was do for a nice raise and he battled his splitter all year

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 3:18 PM Post
take a player worth more than cash at least a flyer on a low ball player

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next  [ 633 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply