LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Catcher battle

Offline  Re: Catcher battle

Posted: June 26, 2017, 6:58 AM Post
Baldkin said:
adambr2 said:
What Brewer pitcher was it that just seemed to have the worst chemistry and communication with Lucroy? Randy Wolf? They seemed to need mound visits every inning.

Peralta was always bad. Wolf was bad as well.

I know this is an old comment but it simply is not a true comment. Randy Wolf was a pretty average pitcher. He had a positive WAR every year of his career until his final 2 seasons with the Marlins. His career ERA was 4.24 which is certainly not amazing but it isn't bad either. His first 2 seasons with the Brewers he was a definite positive to the team. He pitched poorly in 2012 and had TJ at the end of the year which is probably the main cause of his poor performance.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 26, 2017, 7:23 AM Post
I think he just meant communicating with Lucroy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 26, 2017, 10:43 AM Post

Roster Guru
djoctagone said:
anyone recall the last time in-season the brewers carried four catchers on the 40-man roster?

i think it was 2011.

to start the 2011 season, the brewers had martin maldonado optioned, jonathan lucroy on the 15-day disabled list, and opened the season with wil nieves and george kottaras on the 25-man roster.

on 21 april 2011, kottaras was outrighted to the minor leagues, bringing it back to three catchers on the 40-man.

but on 17 may 2011, mike rivera had his contract purchased by the brewers, to make it four catchers again on the 40-man, before being outrighted 10 days later (if i recall correctly, he was brought up for one day, and then was designated for assignment right after the game, and later outrighted).

nieves was outrighted in june, and the brewers brought kottaras back again . . . but at that point, they were down to three catchers on the 40-man.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 03, 2017, 5:31 PM Post

Roster Guru
when was the last time the brewers had two catchers on the disabled list, if ever?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 03, 2017, 5:35 PM Post

Roster Guru
KeithStone53151 said:
Anyone know where Vogt is at with his injury? I would think he's a few weeks away, but we sure could use him right now.

brewers.com update from 30 july projects possibly late august. if that's the case, there won't be many minor league games left for him to appear in on rehab.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 7:52 AM Post
Remember, knee injuries are really tough on catchers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:53 AM Post

Roster Guru
no surprise with andrew susac recalled today. seeing that he's caught brandon woodruff with colorado springs, one has to wonder if he'll be the starter tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 12:15 PM Post
Our minor league catchers....good gracious.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 1:02 PM Post
Interesting to see what Susac can bring. I think he was kind of the favorite coming into this year and was certainly my front runner but after the injury he has been pretty brutal.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 1:14 PM Post
Susac behind Posey must have been tough. Let's see what he can do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 1:22 PM Post

Roster Guru
djoctagone said:
no surprise with andrew susac recalled today. seeing that he's caught brandon woodruff with colorado springs, one has to wonder if he'll be the starter tonight.

manny pina is the starting catcher tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 4:37 PM Post

Roster Guru
djoctagone said:
KeithStone53151 said:
Anyone know where Vogt is at with his injury? I would think he's a few weeks away, but we sure could use him right now.

brewers.com update from 30 july projects possibly late august. if that's the case, there won't be many minor league games left for him to appear in on rehab.

apparently, vogt is targeting mid-august for his return.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 10:14 PM Post
Game notes say Vogt took BP and next up is catching BP. Indeed sounds like something that is a couple weeks off rather than another month.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 05, 2017, 7:49 AM Post

Roster Guru
vogt is expected to be back ahead of bandy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 05, 2017, 8:12 AM Post
Vogt is expected back within 2 weeks. At that time Susac will be sent back down. If Bandy is healthy, he'll be back up in September and since he'll be coming off the DL he'd still be postseason eligible if they choose that route. Can't see the need for more than 3 catchers so Susac will likely be limited to 3-4 starts max.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2017, 9:01 AM Post

Roster Guru
advantage to craig counsell splitting the catching duties more evenly to start the season: manny pina is more rested and better able to handle the grind of starting four of the last five games since jett bandy hit the disabled list.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2017, 4:26 PM Post

Roster Guru
minor league rehab assignment looming for stephen vogt . . .

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 3:55 PM Post

Roster Guru
vogt should be starting a rehab assignment tomorrow or saturday.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 11, 2017, 7:27 AM Post

Roster Guru
vogt starts his rehab tonight. three games with class a team, and then three games with class aaa team. just my luck, his rehab assignment will likely end in des moines on thursday, one day before i'm going to see the sky sox play.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 13, 2017, 6:57 AM Post
Susac is really bad. I'd DFA him now, and purchase Rene Garcia. Garcia has the look of Manny Pina lite.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply