LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 38  Next  [ 758 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

Offline  Re: 2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!
Posted: July 15, 2017, 9:12 AM Post
MrAllen said:
Boomer5 said:
What's the over head clapping from? It looks familiar.

Is that our 2011 Beast Mode? I hope so because it will drive Cubs fans insane.

I'm curious about this too. I thought it was stupid at first, but it's turned into something that looks so dumb it's funny, lol. Love seeing all the chemistry with this team! The slow overhead clapping, the homerun gauntlet, etc., reminds me of the fun the Fielder teams had.

I can't place it but I think it might be something to do with a run an underdog made either in soccer or rugby.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2017, 9:42 AM Post
The soccer overhead clapping was when Iceland made a run in the European championships. It was apparently part of some old Viking war chant or something like that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2017, 9:47 AM Post
CheeseheadInQC said:
The soccer overhead clapping was when Iceland made a run in the European championships. It was apparently part of some old Viking war chant or something like that.

Yes! Thanks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2017, 11:24 AM Post
No thread for Jeanmar Gomez? Dude had 37 saves last season. He's not elite but I'm glad to have him at least.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2017, 12:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
SRB said:
No thread for Jeanmar Gomez? Dude had 37 saves last season. He's not elite but I'm glad to have him at least.

Signed to a minor league deal. If there's a thread, it's probably in the minors forum. Also, he was really bad last year. Phillies had to have *somebody* close.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2017, 1:22 PM Post
SRB said:

The guy shouldn't have been a closer but when he was with Pitt he was a decent 7th inning guy. Solid pick up.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2017, 2:29 PM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:
SRB said:

Signed to a minor league deal. If there's a thread, it's probably in the minors forum. Also, he was really bad last year. Phillies had to have *somebody* close.

I'm not saying he should take over for Knebel, but his advanced metrics have consistently been better than Torres, for one.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2017, 8:41 PM Post
Global Moderator
In addition to maintaining a 5.5 game division lead the Brewers have also now tied the Rockies in the Wild Card race. It's setting up to be a fun next couple of months.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2017, 8:47 PM Post
Brewers have 5.5 game divisional lead

Tied with Rockies(who hold #2 WC)

2 games behind the D Backs(who hold #1 WC)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 16, 2017, 2:24 AM Post
Global Moderator
How good has Jimmy Nelson been? Wow

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 16, 2017, 8:42 AM Post
I
LOVE
THIS
TEAM

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 16, 2017, 9:18 AM Post
Where is the magic number countdown when I need it?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 16, 2017, 9:27 AM Post
Bring back right in mix of wildcard really helps a lot! Takes a little pressure off of needing to win division. For awhile wildcard was looking pretty far out of the picture! Not sold on Rockies keeping pace & Arizona still not sure how real they are yet.

This next week of baseball will need a lot of wins against Phillies & Pirates! If finish sweep today & can go at least 5-2 over the course of the next week... we will be in great shape going into huge stretch of Nationals & Cubs to finish out month!

Key is to avoid sweeps & try to at least steal two games from teams. If we avoid sweeps & take series from teams we should; we will be in great shape!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 16, 2017, 4:20 PM Post
DS has ton figure out the weak spots and decide what to do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 17, 2017, 8:17 AM Post
brewmann04 said:
DS has ton figure out the weak spots and decide what to do.

There's also no need to rush.

This wasn't supposed to be THE year. There is lots of talent coming up.

Stand pat. Refine the players. Worst case, they are tempered and have the experience of a playoff run for next season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 17, 2017, 8:48 AM Post
There is lots of talent coming up but the fact of the matter is that there is a lot of talent already in Miller Park.

And most of it is controlled.

Shaw
Santana
Broxton
Thames

Nelson
Anderson

All of these guys are having a breakout season in one form of another and proving to be quality major leaguers.

Going into the season, Thames, Broxton, Shaw and Nelson were all complete wild cards.

Anderson was thought of as a back-end starter.

Fans just hoped that Santana would have a good season so he could be trade bait for more "rebuilidng" pieces.

ALL THAT HAS CHANGED.

And I didn't even mention our one core, controlled player in Orlando Arcia.

Even keeping Braun as a veteran presence and still solid middle of the order bat when healthly makes a ton of sense now.

Heck, no one even wants to trade Matt Garza anymore! Who'd a thunk it?

Stearns would be smart to fill the "few" holes we currently have at the MLB level with our awesome minor league depth that he has built.

Last edited by A Swing and A Drive on July 17, 2017, 8:53 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 17, 2017, 8:53 AM Post
Not sure anything has changed. Yes, they're enjoying really good seasons from the guys you mentioned. That increases their trade value, and any of those guys could still be traded at the deadline or off-season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 17, 2017, 9:05 AM Post
I am really starting to think with the complexion the season has taken on that the original plan for harder may change. The bullpen big league experience made a lot of sense for a rebuilding team. Having him start and seeing if he can be THAT guy (and the balance his left handed was could bring) that helps us take the next step is starting g to make more sense. I'm not saying g they do, I just think having him start might make more sense for a contending team, just like having him in the pen made more sense for a rebuilding team. I would not entirely doubt that why stearns moved on Webb.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 17, 2017, 10:35 AM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
There is lots of talent coming up but the fact of the matter is that there is a lot of talent already in Miller Park.

And most of it is controlled.

I'm pretty sure 100% of the roster is controlled for 2018 (Garza option probable). After that, I think it is Hughes and Torres free agents in 2019 and that is it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 17, 2017, 11:45 AM Post
Sogard is a free agent.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 38  Next  [ 758 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply