LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next  [ 655 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

Offline  Re: 2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!
Posted: July 31, 2017, 9:14 AM Post
My hope for the season was a .500 finish, figuring a little luck could bring them 84 wins. There are 55 games remaining. Essentially, Tuesday marks the beginning of the last 1/3 of the season. Brewers need to go 29-26 to reach 84 wins. That seems doable.

Winning the division this year was always as much a function of other teams playing poorly, than the Brewers suddenly becoming a 90+ win team. My hope remains they finish .500 and the season will be a success. Anything above that is terrific. It's been a great season. Barring a total collapse, there should be no regrets.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2017, 9:24 AM Post
I know STL, TB, MN, COL are not bad teams, I'd probably call them solid/ok. Of course I know STL historically has our number too. But the next 17 games you don't face any of the top truly good teams and 10 are at home. There's a window here to have a good run and stay right in this thing and hopefully keep us entertained well into September. While hopefully getting far enough ahead of .500 to lock that up. I know a lot rides on the offense getting back going again, but just like we knew the hot streak of offense couldn't go forever. This cold spell and RISP bad luck also can't continue much longer. I'd at least like to keep this going long enough to get the playoff ticket requests in the mail.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2017, 9:45 AM Post
Matt Garza (health pending) now looks like a $5 million steal for a #5 starter next year. What a difference a year makes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 03, 2017, 8:48 PM Post
So the sky has been falling for weeks and the season is over, but we just gained a game on the Cubs and sit just 1.5 games out. The pitching has been amazing and still is waiting for Chase Anderson, our second best starter this year, to return. This starting rotation is going to be a really big deal if our offense can start scoring. This season still has a chance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 03, 2017, 9:43 PM Post
The Cubs emptied their minor league system down to the worst system in the game and they only have a 1 1/2 game lead on the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2017, 2:15 PM Post
Brewers will be in first place by the end of next week.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2017, 2:18 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Brewers will be in first place by the end of next week.

This is the optimism thread. The brewers will be in first place sunday morning!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2017, 8:19 PM Post
.5 game back these days....just saying...

Rotation is rolling and I think we are starting to get some bullpen stability. This pitching is giving us a chance to win every day we go out. Keep doing that and the offense will turn it around to give us a lot of wins.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2017, 8:21 PM Post
Boom baby!!! Aww yeah!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:04 PM Post
538 has the Brewers at a 26% chance to make the playoffs, I'll take it!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
Ennder said:
538 has the Brewers at a 26% chance to make the playoffs, I'll take it!

I know we keep going back to this, but if you said at the beginning of the year the Brewers would be a half game back on August 5th everyone, absolutely everyone would have been ecstatic. I know it's been ugly lately but they're still right there and if they can get out of this offensive funk, I like their chances.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:36 PM Post
I could see Woodruff turning into a low end #2 starter if he improves his command a little bit.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:54 PM Post
trwi7 said:
I could see Woodruff turning into a low end #2 starter if he improves his command a little bit.

Hard to dislike the kind of poise Woodruff showed pitching out of tough spots in his major league debut (take # 2).
What a difference a week makes. Cubs have dropped 3 straight, and their division lead is down to a half game.

...and with the bats pressing, the Brewers have won 3 of their last 4 on the strength of their pitching!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:54 PM Post
No need to be cautiously optimistic about us contending. This thing is going down to the final week. There are only about 50 games left in the season. No teams is going to pull away with this division and win it by 7+ games. That Cubs hot streak was just deflated with a three game losing streak.

May the best win. I think we are in store for a closer finish than some think. Huge bonus is the fact it is a 3 team race for two wild card spots and the division is a 2 team race. We just need a team to falter down the stretch and take advantage of a wild card. That or bully the Cubs for the division.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2017, 10:59 PM Post
trwi7 said:

Horribly premature but when he settled in after the 2nd on... that movement power fastball and getting ahead of batters quickly sure did feel eerily similar to the Nelson we've seen all year. Especially when you felt he'd be out after 5... then 6... then closed the book 6.1. That was very horse like. If that's more than a glimpse and more of a reality... Nelson Anderson Woodruff lacks that flashy star power ace but its an incredibly formidable 1-2-3. If Davies Suter can settle into that 3.75 range, which doesn't seem like a reach as of late, add knebel hader in the pen and that's one heck of a staff.

This offenses capabilities is closer to the first half than the bottom of the league they've been since the asb. That's a dangerous team.

Despite a mess of a pen this year.... and a mess of Guerra/Peralta this teams 5 over 500. Replace that with Woodruff/Suter and a better pen down the stretch. After Sunday Cubs probably felt real good about being up 2.5. They didn't bury this milwaukee team and if the offense snaps back to being even respectable the Cubs are in some trouble.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 05, 2017, 7:36 AM Post
The bad news is that after this weekend series the Cubs have 27 of their next 30 games against teams at or under .500. The good news is we still have 7 games head to head against the Cubs and if it stays close I feel all the pressure will be on them. The longer the post season is in doubt for the Cubs the better things look for us imo. The Rockies still have 20 games against playoff caliber teams so plenty of time for them to collapse too.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!
Posted: August 05, 2017, 7:39 AM Post
Plus the Cubs have to play more games than we do going forward.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 05, 2017, 8:40 AM Post
Get the offense rolling again and let's see how much pressure this team can put on the Cubs. I think that every day both the cards and pirates are within earshot if the division lead, the Brewers benefit. Make this race a crap shoot down the stretch.

Looking like this team can pitch well enough to avoid collapsing, should be fun!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 05, 2017, 8:46 AM Post
Last I checked our schedule is just as easy! So woooo optimism!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 05, 2017, 9:57 AM Post
In the last 7 games, we have only scored 16 runs. What is awesome is that in that span, we have only given up 15 runs.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next  [ 655 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply