LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 45  Next  [ 883 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

Offline  Re: 2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!
Posted: August 29, 2017, 11:13 AM Post
Davies does not get some respect that he should but Remember what Buck said when he was traded from Balt he going to be a very good pitcher

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 29, 2017, 11:27 AM Post
Global Moderator
brewmann04 said:
Davies does not get some respect that he should but Remember what Buck said when he was traded from Balt he going to be a very good pitcher

Davies reportedly found a mechanical fix to his control problems. He's been great lately. Let's hope it continues through the rest of the year.

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2017/8/28/ ... ee-brewers

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 29, 2017, 11:29 AM Post
Global Moderator
31 games left and Milwaukee is in the thick of the division race - not just the wild card race.

I've said this before, but it's up to us to take this. We're mostly healthy. Let's hope some guys get hot, and none of the young players hit a wall.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 29, 2017, 12:22 PM Post
I'm all for every player hitting a wall. Even more in favor of them hitting it over a wall.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 29, 2017, 12:23 PM Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the Brewers go 20-11 to finish out the season and get in the playoffs. Should be a fun ride!

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 29, 2017, 12:38 PM Post
Our offense has been pretty sluggish lately but at least we aren't the Royals! 43 inning scoreless streak and counting.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 29, 2017, 12:43 PM Post
Excited to see what happens with Hader going forward, not just this year but next year. He has tremendous value in his current role (clearly they are trying to model his usage somewhat after Andrew Miller this season).

I wonder if, given the Brewers surprising amount of pitching depth in the minors, they might try to keep Hader in that situation. I'm sure they're considering it and it depends on how certain other players do next year, but Hader could really be a great way to keep our bullpen strong next year without having to go pay top dollar for a big reliever.

Weirdly, his fate could be tied to that of Garza. If we don't trade Garza and decide to keep him around for at least the first half of the year, he could be taking the 5th spot away from Hader (assuming Nelson/Anderson/Davies/Woodruff are all sticking around).

The pitching depth of this organization is an incredibly surprising and really fun problem to have going forward. After a pretty lackluster start to the year, it's incredible to see the success stories at every level of the organization as the year has gone on. Nelson/Anderson were both about ready to lose their spots to the up and comers in the minors, and now they are a pretty solid 1/2 going into next year and under control for several years.

I know the offense is struggling lately but part of that could be a young team acclimating to a complete season (players like Santana, Arcia, Broxton, Thames don't necessarily have the full season MLB experience yet), and the pitching is likely to be a strong suit of the team all year next year as opposed to just recently this year. I hope they can pull out a playoff berth this year because it would be so fun to watch, but I really like our chances to win at least 90 games a year over the next couple seasons.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 31, 2017, 8:31 AM Post
Just looked at the pitching matchups for the Nats series. By avoiding Strasburg they really don't look so bad besides the Scherzer one. 2 clearly in our favor and then kind of call Davies/Gio a wash. Obviously must get 2 of the 4. Get game 1 tonight and they're set up to at least do that and good shot at getting 3.

Rockies have a tough matchup vs AZ this weekend too.

After WAS they have a good run of games vs CIN, PIT, and MIA who are nothing special along with CHC of course. There's no reason they can't keep in this thing and one little hot streak could put them over the top for WC or division.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 03, 2017, 2:54 PM Post
2/3 from Rockies
2/3 from Dodgers
3/4 from Nationals

What's not to like these days? Brewers are alive and well in the postseason race.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 03, 2017, 3:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
Man, really glad they took 3/4 from the Nats, but can't help but think that should have been a sweep. Still, we're pushing into September and it looks like we'll be only 1/2 game behind the Rocks by the time the day ends today.

Offense woke up today and Showmingo put on a display.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 03, 2017, 3:31 PM Post
Another series win and the pitching looks very good right now. The Zimmerman homer broke up the shutout but a win is a win. Cubs lost so all is good on a Sunday afternoon in September.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 03, 2017, 4:52 PM Post
I'll be in Cincinnati tomorrow. Fired up!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 03, 2017, 5:20 PM Post
538 now has the Brewers' playoff odds equal to the Rox - 39%

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 03, 2017, 5:32 PM Post
Global Moderator
sdcheezhd said:
538 now has the Brewers' playoff odds equal to the Rox - 39%

Brewers still have a (small) shot at the division, and a fighting chance at the WC. Rockies only path to the playoffs is via wc.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!
Posted: September 03, 2017, 6:15 PM Post
Take a look at the Rockies schedule. More to like if you're a Brewers fan.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!
Posted: September 05, 2017, 11:33 AM Post
The cubs injury situation is starting to get to a critical stage. Last I read this morning, Russell had a setback and will miss another 3 weeks. Baez is day to day at best. That's both starting middle infielders, they are currently rolling with Zobrist and Freeman at 2b and ss with almost no SS depth. Contreras is on the shelf probably for another week. Arrieta just went down with a hammy, and I suspect they are downplaying it far more than they should be(how many guys make their next start after straining a hammy?). Lester just came back and didn't look all that sharp. All these injuries and lack of depth is a huge concern for them. They have 6 more games left before their next off day, and close the season with a tough 10 game road trip followed by 3 games at home against cincy to close the season. I'm feeling more optimistic about our divisional chances by the day.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 06, 2017, 11:00 AM Post
It does not really matter the schedule or injuries if the Crew does not win its own games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2017, 8:34 AM Post
Biggest series of the season (so far). I think the guys come back from the day off focused and eager to make hay against the injured Cubs. Sweep 'em.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2017, 10:34 AM Post
After the sweep by the Reds it's hard for me to be optimistic but as someone posted the Brewers play up for the good teams and down for the bad. So I am hopeful that the Crew play very well pitched games for this series and the hitters get the runners home.

Go Brewers!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2017, 10:50 AM Post
We have our top three pitchers going this weekend with a shot to make a big dent in the Cubs' divisional lead. Meaningful baseball in September is all you can really ask for, considering any team that is still alive and gets hot at the right time can go bring home a World Series title.

Make it happen boys!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 45  Next  [ 883 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply