LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next  [ 883 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

Offline  Re: 2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!
Posted: September 08, 2017, 11:00 AM Post
The Cubs are really playing up the "first Friday night game in Cubs history" story. I did not realize until I read it that they broke such a tradition to give them a competitive advantage this season.

Anywho, looks like no Arrieta this series and we'll see Montgomery on Saturday(which should mean Aguilar gets a start). Santana is already heating up, I feel like Braun is going to wake up this series. All the booing he'll hear will motivate him in the best way possible. I feel like we have an advantage in starting pitching each of the 3 games. All good things.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 09, 2017, 7:14 AM Post
1 down! go crew go!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 09, 2017, 7:46 AM Post
Global Moderator
KeithStone53151 said:
The Cubs are really playing up the "first Friday night game in Cubs history" story. I did not realize until I read it that they broke such a tradition to give them a competitive advantage this season.

They are now 0 -2 in games where they schemed to change the schedule in their favor. Cheater's proof!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 09, 2017, 1:09 PM Post
I think 13-8 gives them a pretty good shot at getting into some sort of postseason fun.

6 vs. Cubs, 6 vs. Pirates, 3 vs. Reds, 3 vs. Cardinals, 3 vs. Marlins. I'll say this. All those series are winnable. Offense will need to wake up, but this team is right in it!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 09, 2017, 1:12 PM Post
Since Nelson is now out, I've got a feeling Garza is going to step up and turn into the second coming of Cy Young.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 09, 2017, 3:04 PM Post
shouldn't that be in blue

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 09, 2017, 4:34 PM Post
Nelson can have Counsell turn his season-ending injury into a rallying point for the team:
"Sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Big Sweater."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 6:17 AM Post
The Brewers entered the Colorado Rockies series on August 18th with a 12-24 record against playoff teams (as they are now). They have since went 9-3 against those opponent with a chance at making it win #10 today and pulling themselves within 2 games of the division (and hopefully 2 games of the WC- come on LA). This is a 21-27 record overall with a chance to get that closer to .500 if they want in the playoffs.

I bring this up because sometimes in the game thread we talk about how this team doesn't have any fight. While that might be true when we are talking about come back wins, it can't be said overall as this team has went through injury after injury and tough stretch after tough stretch and yet continues to fight and claw their way into contention. No matter how this season does finish itself, what an effort by this team to make it even close. What a treat it would be to see them force a 1-game playoff with either Colorado or Chicago to get in the playoffs.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 7:33 AM Post
I BREWLIEVE IN THIS TEAM!!! BRING OUT THE BROOMS BABY, LETS DO THIS!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 8:19 AM Post
Global Moderator
Nelson's injury is just going to add more drama to the 2017 Brewer season DVD. It's like the moment in a cop movie where the partner dies...then the hero enters act III and kicks everyone's butt.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 8:47 AM Post
Let's get the sweep with Davies pitching a great game and the hitters continuing their hot hitting.

Go Brewers!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 9:14 AM Post
Sweeping the Cubs... awesome. Puts the Crew back into the mix for the NL Central.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 3:22 PM Post
They got the sweep! Baseball is such an up and down game. They get swept by the worst team in the division then go out and sweep the WS Champs who lead the division. The Crew had a great weekend and the fans are happy again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 3:29 PM Post
Now lets pack Miller Park for this series against Pittsburgh. 19 games to go, every game is a must win!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 3:44 PM Post
This team keep their heads on straight, and they don't fold. That was just a great series. Whatever else happens the rest of the season, that sweep is something to build on.

Also, the pitching is just ridiculous. Holding the Cubs to three runs in three games, and two of those runs are in garbage time in a blowout? That's insane.

Random thought: I wonder if any team has ever split a road trip in a way that so wildly defied the odds.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 6:55 PM Post
Davies continues to be unreal on the mound 17 game winner

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 7:22 PM Post
brewmann04 said:
Davies continues to be unreal on the mound 17 game winner

He has three more starts this year (4 if they go on short rest at times), he still has an opportunity to be a 20 game winner and it may just take that for the Brewers to do this. This should be fun!

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 8:20 PM Post
Broom broom baby!!! Fly the L!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2017, 8:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
Don't even know what to say about his sweep. Wow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:08 AM Post
lukevan said:
Biggest series of the season (so far). I think the guys come back from the day off focused and eager to make hay against the injured Cubs. Sweep 'em.

That'll do, fellas!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next  [ 883 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply