LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 45  Next  [ 883 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!

Offline  Re: 2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!
Posted: September 11, 2017, 8:25 AM Post
The bats started getting going too. First off, all the BB. Fantastic at bats most of the weekend. Shaw had 3 hits and 3 walks this weekend, Perez had 4 hits and a walk, Arcia 4 hits and 2 walks, Broxton 2 hits and 3 walks. Nice to see a few guys get something going on offense. This will be a tougher test as we have 3 games coming up with no Anderson or Davies, let's get the bats rolling at home and scratch out some more wins. Rockies head into Arizona to hopefully get swept in 4 games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2017, 8:37 AM Post
With all the remaining games that the Cubs, Cards, and Brewers play each other, the Brewers truly have control of their own destiny for a division title with less than 20 games to play.

Anyone who actually believed that was a possibility for this team back in early March is probably too optimistic even for this thread - here's hoping they keep on a roll and make the next few weeks interesting!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2017, 10:37 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Rockies head into Arizona to hopefully get swept in 4 games.

Now I am sort of thinking we should just cheer for the Rockies and win the division so the Cubs miss the playoffs entirely. If this is the optimism thread then that is my optimal outcome.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2017, 10:41 AM Post
topper09er said:
KeithStone53151 said:

Now I am sort of thinking we should just cheer for the Rockies and win the division so the Cubs miss the playoffs entirely. If this is the optimism thread then that is my optimal outcome.

I like your line of thinking, I just can't root for the Rockies until I'm certain we have the division(if we get it). I'm more pro-Brewer than anti-Cub...if only by a slim margin.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2017, 10:46 AM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
Anyone who actually believed that was a possibility for this team back in early March is probably too optimistic even for this thread - here's hoping they keep on a roll and make the next few weeks interesting!

Heck of a season where the Brewers proved even die-hard fans in an optimism thread weren't optimistic enough. Relevant baseball in September 2 years into a rebuild. Gotta love it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2017, 10:55 AM Post
torts said:
Brew4U said:
MadThinker88 said:
This is still a rebuilding year & the process should not be rushed.
It is great and exciting that team is currently doing well (personally I'm happy for the club & its fans) but rebuilding & development still needs to be done, with focus on the pitching staff (rotation & bullpen).

Assuming this process is not rushed for short-sighted chases in 2017 & 2018, the outlook for 2019 & beyond is looking very bright...

Save this junk for another thread. It's World Series or bust for the Brewers this season!

WORLD SERIES HERE WE COME BABAYYYYYY!!!!!!! ITS HAPPENINNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2017, 11:03 AM Post
Great weekend other than Jimmy injury. Not sure if they'll lose another game all year.

Tad frustrating we did the dirty work and couldn't get a little help by at least one of STL or COL losing 2/3 over the weekend. Instead both also sweep. Bad luck there, just keeping winning series and they'll be right there at the end. 6 games vs PIt in the next 9 games, would be nice if that team just kind of gave up and we get 5 wins there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2017, 2:21 PM Post
topper09er said:
KeithStone53151 said:

Let them have the wild card, knock off the dodgers and then get swept by us on our way to winning the world series.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2017, 3:26 PM Post
Couldn't find any thread dedicated to Hader to put this in, so I thought I'd throw it in here since his performance has been a great source of optimism in 2017.

Here is a good read with Hader getting some national baseball nerd love for his ability to generate swings and misses.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/batting-against-josh-hader-seems-terrible/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 11:19 AM Post
The Cubs are reaching the end of the easy part of their schedule. After these 2 games against the Mets, they play 3 home vs the Cardinals and then go on a 10 game road trip with no off days before closing the season against the reds. It sure would be nice if the Mets and Reds could help us out by taking one or two from the Cubs/Cards.

I also noticed they play a 615 game against the cardinals in st louis on Thursday but haven't changed their Friday home game to a night game from 120. That team is something else. Also worth noting,

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 2:42 PM Post
Have to think with a W tonight and getting 2/3 from Miami this weekend that they'll be sitting in a fairly good spot come Sunday night with only 13 to go from that point. Easier said than done of course.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 14, 2017, 7:47 AM Post
I got some positive vibes this morning. No game today so a chance at least one of the Rockies, Cubs or Cardinals lose. Cubs and Cardinals play 7 games vs each other yet. In addition there are still the 3 Brewers @ Cards and the 4 Cubs @ Brewers games. Currently in a stretch of playing 13 of 16 games at Miller Park. This is exciting! Go Brewers!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2017, 7:13 AM Post
LETS GO BOYS! YOU GOT THIS! I BREWLIEVE IN YOU!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2017, 7:37 AM Post
torts said:
LETS GO BOYS! YOU GOT THIS! I BREWLIEVE IN YOU!

Right there with ya torts. Let's go boys!

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2017, 3:18 PM Post
I know it sucks right now that we are gaining zero ground, but we have done about as well as one could expect us to do. Since mid August we have won almost every series. We have won 2/3 from the Dodgers and Rockies, won 3/4 against the Nationals, swept the Cubs at Wrigley, and now about to win a series vs. Miami.

Even if the postseason isn't in our future this team has played very well down the stretch even after losing Nelson. We are a pretty easy bet to finish over .500 when there were zero expectations of us doing so. Makes me really excited about next year where hopefully we are winning 90+ games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2017, 3:26 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
I know it sucks right now that we are gaining zero ground, but we have done about as well as one could expect us to do. Since mid August we have won almost every series. We have won 2/3 from the Dodgers and Rockies, won 3/4 against the Nationals, swept the Cubs at Wrigley, and now about to win a series vs. Miami.

Even if the postseason isn't in our future this team has played very well down the stretch even after losing Nelson. We are a pretty easy bet to finish over .500 when there were zero expectations of us doing so. Makes me really excited about next year where hopefully we are winning 90+ games.

Couldn't agree more. We can't control other teams and this Brewers team just keeps rising to the call. If they continue to win 2 of 3 the rest of the way out and miss the playoffs, well it is what it is.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2017, 4:21 PM Post
Right there with y'all. 79 wins is great right now. Let's add a bunch more and hope things work out. If not, well, other teams just earned it.

We just dusted off a 4-2 week. Put up 5-2, with 3 coming against the Cubs, and we'd be what? 2 back with 6 to go? Cannot ask for much more on 9/17 given the expectations coming in. Take care of business in Pittsburgh, Brewers! Keep the bats going!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2017, 4:51 PM Post
Yea just tough luck at the end here that Cubs and Rox won't lose. Only kickign ourselves would be over the sweep in Cincy and losing 4 to MN. Get just 3 of those 7 games and they're right there, heck even just 2. Still, they're doing what anyone could reasonably expect but getting no help.

Last edited by tmwiese55 on September 17, 2017, 5:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2017, 5:38 PM Post
Rockies lose!

Big comeback by the Padres at Coors. Need more help from them against Colorado, but 2.5 back from a playoff spot is much better than 3.5!

Win tomorrow, and its 2 with the Rox idle. Let's go Crew!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2017, 6:02 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
If they continue to win 2 of 3 the rest of the way out and miss the playoffs, well it is what it is.

Exactly. Let's just play well, and go from there.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 45  Next  [ 883 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply