LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next  [ 524 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017 bullpen

Offline  Re: 2017 bullpen
Posted: May 18, 2017, 5:44 AM Post
Interesting decisions if they decide to keep Sogard up when Braun and Guerra are activated. Do they go back to 7 man pen and who's the odd man out? Feliz? Is there a team out there desperate enough to claim him and take on his salary? Or do they option Arcia or DFA Franklin?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 18, 2017, 6:05 AM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
Interesting decisions if they decide to keep Sogard up when Braun and Guerra are activated. Do they go back to 7 man pen and who's the odd man out? Feliz? Is there a team out there desperate enough to claim him and take on his salary? Or do they option Arcia or DFA Franklin?

Do you think the Brewers will option Arcia in favor of Sogard?!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017 bullpen
Posted: May 18, 2017, 10:18 AM Post
I would like to see Jimmy Nelson shifted to the bullpen with Peralta. I know he just had a decent start his last time out but I don't really see a future for him to stick as a reliable starter.

Also would like to see Hader start his career in the pen. He can learn on the job and provide some help in an area of need without the pressure if starting. Can also limit his innings if they think it's necessary.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 18, 2017, 10:23 AM Post
Nelson has pitched well recently. I'd like to see Tristan Archer get a shot in the bullpen if he keeps pitching well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2017, 10:27 PM Post
2 outstanding additions to our pen in the 2nd half would be Woodruff and Hader. No trade necessary

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2017, 10:39 PM Post
The bullpen is perfectly fine if you ask me. If we keep contending we could easily internally add to make it even better.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2017, 10:51 PM Post
DHonks said:
2 outstanding additions to our pen in the 2nd half would be Woodruff and Hader. No trade necessary

Hader I totally agree. Woodruff I think needs to stay in the rotation and should be in the MLB rotation sometime this season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 6:47 AM Post
adambr2 said:
DHonks said:

Hader I totally agree. Woodruff I think needs to stay in the rotation and should be in the MLB rotation sometime this season.

I'd say Hader and Lopez. Maybe Taylor Williams although he needs to get his walks down. Hader as well but I give him a pass at CS.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 8:22 AM Post
Hader definitely would provide something the pen lacks, a lefty power arm even if they envision him starting in the not too distant future. Woodruff should remain a starter. He's ahead of Espino in the pecking order already but they just needed a spot start.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 8:30 AM Post
yfinn6 said:
JohnBriggs12 said:

I need to double quote this to emphasize it. I know you are just creating conversation ... but optioning Arcia to keep Sogard is stuff of soon to be fired GMs. Sogard and Nick Franklin are the same player. One of them can go and given Sogard's revival it will be Franklin.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 8:31 AM Post
yfinn6 said:
JohnBriggs12 said:

Not at this point no I would not expect that but it's an option (no pun intended). Sogard playing LF yesterday was not a good sign for Franklin.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Brewers Optimism Thread!
Posted: May 20, 2017, 9:18 AM Post
Global Moderator
Back end of the Brewers 'pen might be pretty darn good now with Barnes and Knebel. Find a 7th inning guy (Drake? Peralta?) that's reliable and you might have something here.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 11:28 AM Post
liveforoctober said:
yfinn6 said:
JohnBriggs12 said:

I need to double quote this to emphasize it. I know you are just creating conversation ... but optioning Arcia to keep Sogard is stuff of soon to be fired GMs. Sogard and Nick Franklin are the same player. One of them can go and given Sogard's revival it will be Franklin.

Arcia wasn't even a good AAA hitter, if they send him there, it wouldn't be a bad move at all. It's for his development. They're not cutting him

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 11:35 AM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
Hader definitely would provide something the pen lacks, a lefty power arm even if they envision him starting in the not too distant future. Woodruff should remain a starter. He's ahead of Espino in the pecking order already but they just needed a spot start.

Let Hader develop in AAA, hopefully he can become a big league caliber starter someday.

This bullpen already got the major addition it needed in Peralta. He was down right awesome yesterday. The pen is full. When we reach July we finally start to have a normal amount of off days, then we'll be able to go back to a 7 man pen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 12:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
I think bringing up Hader to the pen in late August makes some sense. Keeps his innings down, gets him experience on a playoff team (assuming Brewers are still contending). Teams have done it before (Rays did it with Price back in the day)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 1:04 PM Post
Peralta could really solidify the BP. Woodruff is a starter or nothing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 1:41 PM Post
homer said:
I think bringing up Hader to the pen in late August makes some sense. Keeps his innings down, gets him experience on a playoff team (assuming Brewers are still contending). Teams have done it before (Rays did it with Price back in the day)

Was going to say this same thing. A perfect way for Hader to get his first taste of the big leagues in August. Pen could really use a guy like him.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 2:12 PM Post
Cravy up. Espino down.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 2:57 PM Post
homer said:

Hader needs to build up his innings, not limit them.

Huge difference between him and Price. Price was dominating the minors, Hader has struggled at AAA.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 3:05 PM Post
Never Outhustled said:
homer said:

Hader needs to build up his innings, not limit them.

Huge difference between him and Price. Price was dominating the minors, Hader has struggled at AAA.

Hader is already only 80 innings from hitting his total last year, we can only build them up so much in a year. If he continues to start regularly in AAA til August and then joins our pen the rest of the year there's no reason he can't finish around 150 innings which would be about right where we want him.

Not sure what Price dominating the minors has to do with Hader. Just because Hader hasn't excelled in the Colorado Springs rotation doesn't mean he can't pitch effectively out of the Brewer bullpen with his stuff, where many scouts think he will have far greater success anyway.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next  [ 524 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply