LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 129 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Reds claim Scooter Gennett on waivers

Online  Re: Reds claim Scooter Gennett on waivers
Posted: September 10, 2017, 11:55 AM Post
Austin Tatious said:
I'm not going to call anybody out on an individual basis, but I challenge all readers of this forum to notice and pay attention to certain trends. Certain pigmented players are dumb and inadequate while guys with less pigment are favorites and not viewed as dumb.

That subject has no place here. That is going to go nowhere but bad places. Weird you would bring it up after a comment that goes exactly against what you are trying to claim.

Offline  Re: Reds claim Scooter Gennett on waivers
Posted: September 10, 2017, 12:08 PM Post
Sure it does. When you see people take ridiculously inconsistent positions, and it's an obvious factor, its fair to be discussed. It's not breaking any forum rules.

Posted: September 10, 2017, 12:12 PM Post
Austin Tatious said:
SomewhereInTime said:
Can you give any specific examples?

More importantly, are you trying to say he was a bright player? Would any informed fan take that position?

Calling him dumb is ridiculous. I don't know how bright he is, I've never seen his ACT scores, but attacking his intellectual ability just reeks of desperation in defending the fact that you don't like him, and that he was a bad baseball player. I see no reason for anyone to call him a dumb ass, just makes you look like what you are describing.

Posted: September 10, 2017, 12:14 PM Post
Austin Tatious said:
I'm not going to call anybody out on an individual basis, but I challenge all readers of this forum to notice and pay attention to certain trends. Certain pigmented players are dumb and inadequate while guys with less pigment are favorites and not viewed as dumb.

Sadly, Villar, Gomez, Broxton, and others are complained about loudly by some folks as dumb players while less pigmented guys get a free pass. Gennett is a dumb ball player, regardless of skin pigment, yet the guys complaining about the Villars defend the Gennetts. If it weren't sad, it would be comical. Going forward, note what you will about certain posters. If I've seen it, I'm sure others have as well. It's still out here in 2017.

Ahhhhh, the race card... When you play it where it has no business, it has no effectiveness.

There is no reason to continue to post on the subject now once it goes that direction.

Thanks for playing, but the game is now over...

Posted: September 10, 2017, 12:14 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Austin Tatious said:

That subject has no place here. That is going to go nowhere but bad places. Weird you would bring it up after a comment that goes exactly against what you are trying to claim.

"like"

Posted: September 10, 2017, 12:15 PM Post
I was referring to him as a dumb ass in a baseball context. Surely, you could understand that.

Posted: September 10, 2017, 12:20 PM Post
turborickey said:
Austin Tatious said:

Sadly, Villar, Gomez, Broxton, and others are complained about loudly by some folks as dumb players while less pigmented guys get a free pass. Gennett is a dumb ball player, regardless of skin pigment, yet the guys complaining about the Villars defend the Gennetts. If it weren't sad, it would be comical. Going forward, note what you will about certain posters. If I've seen it, I'm sure others have as well. It's still out here in 2017.

Ahhhhh, the race card... When you play it where it has no business, it has no effectiveness.

There is no reason to continue to post on the subject now once it goes that direction.

Thanks for playing, but the game is now over...

Um no. It's a factor that can be considered by any particular reader. I'm hardly a minority apologist but to read pretty blatant biases and then hide your head in the sand about the real world isn't doing anyone any favors. This isn't about politics but about baseball and observations. If you cannot handle fair discussion within forum rules, then stay quiet. I can discuss things without getting personal.

Online  Re: Reds claim Scooter Gennett on waivers
Posted: September 10, 2017, 12:23 PM Post
Austin Tatious said:
I was referring to him as a dumb ass in a baseball context. Surely, you could understand that.

While I do actually support your claim to some extent with how we view players based on the color of their skin, it's not gonna go over well here or anywhere probably. Most won't admit that they view players from other places in the world differently than they do of like-looking people. I will say though that while I don't 100% agree with the Scooter being in that category, it does exist. The Gomez's, and Villar's of the MLB world do get talked about differently than other players.

Posted: September 10, 2017, 12:28 PM Post
Fair enough. And that's all I'm saying. Just to be clear, I've seen actual comparisons and posts that reek of this attitude. I have bit my tongue so as not to personalize it and break forum rules. I made a general statement without calling anyone out. Others can read certain posters' hot takes and see what they have in common.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 129 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply