LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 42 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Depth

Online  Re: Depth

Posted: May 17, 2017, 10:46 AM Post
Brew4U said:
With having Thames and Perez on the roster, I'm not sure having Franklin's versatility to play OF is that big of a deal. If Stearns feels that Sogard will bring this team a better bat to the lineup and bench, then he should be the one to stay up. Franklin hasn't done enough to warrant keeping him just because he can stand out in LF and catch routine fly balls.

Plus, Franklin plays an atrocious LF anyway. I thought Franklin was actually versatile, not Scooter Gennett versatile.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Depth

Posted: May 17, 2017, 11:24 AM Post
Brew4U said:
RoCoBrewfan said:
The problem here is playing the extreme small sample/hot bat game. Sogard has 1300 plate appearances in MLB, with a .615 OPS. He's had a great week, but if he gets 200 plate appearances and puts up a .700 OPS going forward, I'd be supremely shocked.

That's not so much I'm saying Franklin should stay as I'm just saying Sogard is what he is.

While true most of the time, it is not an always. Thames is a perfect example of why someone should never be written off if they are willing to continue to work extremely hard at their craft. Not saying Sogard is another guy that we'll catch lightning in a bottle, but you just never know.

Yeah, Sogard had surgery in 2016. So maybe he has the same deal as that little kid that hurt his arm, and could throw heat after his arm was healed. Or maybe they put some bionics in while doing surgery.
[laughing]

Sogard's daughter

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/20 ... 327389001/

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 42 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply