LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next  [ 223 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Pitching staff adjustments?

Offline  Re: Pitching staff adjustments?

Posted: May 05, 2017, 10:11 AM Post
brewmann04 said:
I wish we can get something for Garza

If he keeps pitching they way he has, someone will offer something reasonable for half a year of Garza.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Pitching staff adjustments?

Posted: May 05, 2017, 11:06 AM Post
MadScientist said:
brewmann04 said:
I wish we can get something for Garza

If he keeps pitching they way he has, someone will offer something reasonable for half a year of Garza.

Agreed. For the next 8 weeks my two favorite players are Matt Garza and Neftali Feliz. I'll be pulling hard for them to perform.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2017, 11:50 AM Post
It'd be great to get an Aaron Hill-esque return for Garza but I just don't even see that happening. I do think the cheap year of control beyond this year is a good perk to grabbing him though, and there have been a lot of pitchers going down early this year for extended periods.

Garza's spot in the rotation represents a great tryout spot for some of our minor leaguers to prove themselves though, so more than any return we'd get I'd be excited to get to see some of these guys pitch in the big leagues. It's fun to follow minor league stat lines but it'd be more fun to actually see if these guys can help in Milwaukee.

I'm champing at the bit for some of these big names to start coming up and helping us out. Weirdly the guys who have helped the most so far during this rebuild didn't spend much (if any) time in our Minor League system (Broxton, Santana, Villar, Guerra, Davies, Anderson, Shaw, Bandy, Pina). Arcia is pretty much the only "prospect" with any real time in our Minor League system to have been called up to play for the big team since this rebuild started.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 07, 2017, 4:36 PM Post
All of our relievers have BB/9 rates greater than 4. They have been awful. I wonder how much longer Stearns is going to give these guys. I'd love to see what Lopez could do in the bullpen. Taylor Williams is another guy I think would excel in the bullpen this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 07, 2017, 5:08 PM Post
ClosetBrewerFan said:
All of our relievers have BB/9 rates greater than 4. They have been awful. I wonder how much longer Stearns is going to give these guys. I'd love to see what Lopez could do in the bullpen. Taylor Williams is another guy I think would excel in the bullpen this year.

Drake too?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 07, 2017, 5:47 PM Post
If Williams can shake off the rust and get his control going, he could soar through the system and be a star closer for years. He's electric.

Of course, command is like accuracy for a QB. You can have all the raw ability in the world but if you don't have command, you're not going anywhere.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Pitching staff adjustments?

Posted: May 07, 2017, 7:46 PM Post
Woodruff has been lights out. If he keeps it up, it's going to be hard to keep him out of the rotation past June. He's got a 5-0 record with a 1.83 ERA. In Colorado Springs, not Biloxi.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 07, 2017, 10:15 PM Post
ClosetBrewerFan said:

It is certainly an issue, but Feliz has a BB/9 under 4 going into today at least.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 6:44 AM Post
ClosetBrewerFan said:

The bullpen is 11th in the majors in ERA. Everyone except Torres is trending in the right direction. Obviously they need to walk fewer batters, but that is trending better right now too. It's great to see Barnes and Marinez back on track, as they're 2 important long term power arms for the pen.

The bullpen is the least of our problems, we're 19th in OBA, and that isn't trending upward.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 8:06 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Woodruff has been lights out. If he keeps it up, it's going to be hard to keep him out of the rotation past June. He's got a 5-0 record with a 1.83 ERA. In Colorado Springs, not Biloxi.

I'm officially on the Woodruff bandwagon after watching all his starts this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 8:16 AM Post
dacbrewers thanks glad to see people being able to watch him.
Yes think he at the very least should be a sept call up, now need Hader to get back on track and control his walks.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 8:25 AM Post
brewmann04 said:
dacbrewers thanks glad to see people being able to watch him.
Yes think he at the very least should be a sept call up, now need Hader to get back on track and control his walks.

Woodruff is so far ahead of Lopez in my opinion.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 8:30 AM Post
random: was just checking out Woodruff and Lopez's stats and saw that they were both born on 2/10/93.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 8:38 AM Post
Thanks dacbrewers Lopez I know has struggled in 3a but he has done well back in 2a.
It just seems like some guys can't handle Colorado springs.
PS I hoping to see Garza pitch lights out for the next 2 months

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 8:58 AM Post
Lopez is in his 3rd year at AA. He should be putting up some good numbers. The Rockies are always looking for pitchers that can handle the high altitude. What kind of haul could we get for Woodruff?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 9:31 AM Post
dacbrewers said:
Lopez is in his 3rd year at AA. He should be putting up some good numbers. The Rockies are always looking for pitchers that can handle the high altitude. What kind of haul could we get for Woodruff?

Hopefully we'd get Brandon Woodruff back in the deal, as he's exactly what we need. He's a MLB ready, hardthrowing, healthy, strikeoutout pitcher who limits the longball and is cost controlled longterm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 9:43 AM Post
I don't think the brewers should be trading pitching at this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 9:52 AM Post
Global Moderator
brewmann04 said:
I don't think the brewers should be trading pitching at this point.

Not prospects anyway. I could see some of our current MLB staff getting traded if they can perform okay for a couple of months, opening up spots for guys like Woodruff, Lopez and Hader. By next year, I hope some of these guys have a few months of MLB experience, and are in the opening day rotation.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 10:17 AM Post
Austin Tatious said:
If Williams can shake off the rust and get his control going, he could soar through the system

I've heard that for years and he just disappoints.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 12:40 PM Post
With Woodruff, Lopez, and Hader getting close to deserving their shot in the big leagues, do we think that any of our current starters could make the switch to being a relief pitcher? Specifically thinking of Nelson and Peralta. It seems that their trade value is probably fairly minimal at this point (hard to believe a few short years ago people were talking about Nelson being the centerpiece in a potential trade for David Price) but they're young enough and talented enough that maybe they could reinvent themselves. Maybe the ability to add a couple MPH throwing an inning or two at a time could make them valuable contributors? I'd be happy if one of them turned into Tyler Thornburg 2.0

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next  [ 223 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply