LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 217 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

I Can't Believe the Standings

Offline  Re: I Can't Believe the Standings
Posted: July 06, 2017, 4:43 PM Post
Today I can't help but step back and soak it in. Regardless of how the rest of the season goes (and I believe in this team more and more each day), this is a time to just appreciate the great ride these guys have given us. Hopefully they carry it to NY and give us 4 days to continue the same next week.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2017, 5:16 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Fivethirtyeight now has the Brewers and Cubs with equal playoff odds, 50% to make the playoffs and 40% to win the division!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2017, 6:48 PM Post
Cubs have to be sweating now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2017, 7:45 PM Post
Today's thumping of the Cubs just awesome. I understand the talent comparison and acknowledging Dodgers&Nationals better than Brewers. Both Teams have had a huge addition in the lineups in Ryan Zimmerman and Cody Bellinger. They have frontline pitching too. But injuries happen. Something i dont believe those two teams have had to deal with...at least to the stars of both teams. Here we are and the team has survived multiple DLs to hitters and pitchers. Or if not DL, multiple stretches of 4-6games missed in short time.
In no way do I see the Brewers beating out WA or LA in the standings, but in a playoff series, if they are down a significant player or three, you have a better chance to beat them. Think Ben Sheets 08. Just gotta get in to the playoffs and see how rosters are then.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2017, 8:36 PM Post
WORLD SERIES ODDS, PER BOVADA ON JULY 4
Houston Astros — 9/2
Los Angeles Dodgers — 5/1
Boston Red Sox — 13/2
Washington Nationals — 7/1
Chicago Cubs — 15/2
Cleveland Indians — 15/2
Arizona Diamondbacks — 14/1
New York Yankees — 14/1
Colorado Rockies — 16/1
Milwaukee Brewers — 33/1
Toronto Blue Jays — 40/1
St. Louis Cardinals — 50/1
Baltimore Orioles — 66/1
Kansas City Royals — 66/1
Minnesota Twins — 66/1
Seattle Mariners — 66/1
Tampa Bay Rays — 66/1
Texas Rangers — 66/1
Los Angeles Angels — 80/1
Detroit Tigers — 100/1
New York Mets — 100/1
Pittsburgh Pirates — 100/1
Atlanta Braves — 150/1
Miami Marlins — 250/1
Chicago White Sox — 500/1
Cincinnati Reds — 500/1
Oakland Athletics — 500/1
Philadelphia Phillies — Off the Board
San Diego Padres — Off the Board
San Francisco Giants — Off the Board

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2017, 8:50 PM Post
Boomer5 said:

Not really.... still a small lead in the grand picture.
If we lost the last two instead of winning, the lead would be 1.5 games. Now, If it was September 6...... they would be sweating.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2017, 9:03 PM Post
rickh150 said:
Boomer5 said:

If we lost the last two instead of winning, the lead would be 1.5 games. Now, If it was September 6...... they would be sweating.

I'm really not referring to the 4.5 game lead. I'm suggesting that this is a team that has shown no signs of the 2016 team at all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2017, 9:26 PM Post
rickh150 said:
Boomer5 said:

In the grand picture it is notable though. If we round it up to a 5 game lead if we finish out 37-37 the Cubs would have to go 44-34 to win the division. That is 92 win pace for a team that is currently and has been playing .500 ball all year. The Cubs have already dug themselves in a hole. .500 ball much longer and they could be in big trouble.

EDIT:
For what it is worth if we stay on our current pace (40-34 rest of the way) the Cubs would need to go 47-31...98 win pace to win the division.

Last edited by MrTPlush on July 07, 2017, 6:26 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2017, 9:28 PM Post

GIF Master
For the first half of the season, even when the Brewers have had the division lead, they weren't considered the best team.

Hey everyone, the Brewers not only have the division lead right now, but they are the best team in the NL Central.

Last edited by dlk9s on July 06, 2017, 9:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2017, 9:28 PM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
Today's thumping of the Cubs just awesome. I understand the talent comparison and acknowledging Dodgers&Nationals better than Brewers. Both Teams have had a huge addition in the lineups in Ryan Zimmerman and Cody Bellinger. They have frontline pitching too. But injuries happen. Something i dont believe those two teams have had to deal with...at least to the stars of both teams. Here we are and the team has survived multiple DLs to hitters and pitchers. Or if not DL, multiple stretches of 4-6games missed in short time.
In no way do I see the Brewers beating out WA or LA in the standings, but in a playoff series, if they are down a significant player or three, you have a better chance to beat them. Think Ben Sheets 08. Just gotta get in to the playoffs and see how rosters are then.

Trea Turner broke his hand and Adam Eaton is out for the year. That's the #1 and #2 hitters in the Nationals lineup. Dodgers have had Adrian Gonzalez, Joc Pederson, Alex Wood, Kenta Maeda, Ryu, Kazmir, Andre Ethier, and Rich Hill all hit the DL.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2017, 11:46 PM Post
brewcrew03 said:
brewcrewdue80 said:

Trea Turner broke his hand and Adam Eaton is out for the year. That's the #1 and #2 hitters in the Nationals lineup. Dodgers have had Adrian Gonzalez, Joc Pederson, Alex Wood, Kenta Maeda, Ryu, Kazmir, Andre Ethier, and Rich Hill all hit the DL.

No way is Trea Turner or Eaton the Nationals 1/2 hitters. Theres this guy named Daniel Murphy as well as Bryce Harper.. Anthony Rendon&Ryan Zimmerman better hitters.
As to Dodgers, these guys arent seriously hurt, playing a carousel of an 8/9man rotation. Bellinger makes Gonzo DL. Joc Pederson has been a bust. The majority of the DLs for LA improved their team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2017, 3:12 AM Post
He was saying that their position in the batting order is leadoff and #2. No, they aren't the Nats two best hitters but 2 significant pieces nonetheless

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2017, 3:46 AM Post
Screw the cubs and reds. The crew are in 1st, 8 games over and hungry. The bullpen is improving every single game, Knebel is an all star. As soon as we acquire Brad Hand, the crew will assert themselves and run and hide from the rest of the nl central.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2017, 8:52 AM Post

Resident Cardinals Refugee
Well, you guys knocked the snot out of those Cubbies yesterday. Could be a wake up call for them tho'. I saw that Schwarber was O-fer with an error. Maddon doesn't seem to know what to do with the guy and it can't be helping the team's chemistry.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: I Can't Believe the Standings
Posted: July 07, 2017, 9:23 AM Post
Theo Epstein on The Score 5 minutes ago when asked about the Brewers: "They're legitimate....they can put a lethal lineup on the field against both LHP and RHP and they have the ability to add to their rotation....they are getting a lot out of their current rotation with former Cub minor league instructor Derek Johnson."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2017, 10:15 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Might be getting ahead of things but I love that potential divisional round matchup with the Nationals while the Dodgers are stuck facing one of their talented NL West rivals.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2017, 10:40 AM Post
I wasn't really sure where to put this but the Cubs are the first team to win a World Series and not have a single returning player in the all star game the following season. The Cubs lone all star is Wade Davis.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2017, 10:57 AM Post
Global Moderator
Aside from the division standings, the Brewers are now just 2 games behind the Rockies now for the potential 2nd wild card spot, and surprisingly, 3 1/2 games behind the Nats for the 2nd seed in the National League.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2017, 11:49 AM Post
Brewer Fever said:
He was saying that their position in the batting order is leadoff and #2. No, they aren't the Nats two best hitters but 2 significant pieces nonetheless

I see. Well, in Eaton they've gotten pretty close to the same numbers out of Michael Taylor, who was a top 50 Prospect. It'd be like us losing Broxton or Santana and playing Brinson and saying whomever we lost was a major contributor.

In Turner's case, He's only missed 25games and Taylor may be better in that leadoff spot over him considering the OPS+ difference. Considering that, only Turner's SS defense is missed by Washington not his Leading off bat.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2017, 1:45 PM Post
Nats have a terrible BP. They're going nowhere in the playoffs if they don't correct that. Given their managers history, the Nats won't make it thru the first round.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 217 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply