LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 83 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Braun "likely" to go to the DL

Online  Re: Braun "likely" to go to the DL

Posted: May 12, 2017, 10:28 AM Post
Tom‏ @Haudricourt
#Brewers will put Ryan Braun on DL today. We wait to see if call up OF prospect or someone else and just use Perez, Thames, Franklin in LF.
10:52 AM - 12 May 2017

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Braun "likely" to go to the DL

Posted: May 12, 2017, 10:49 AM Post
Ennder said:
You don't bring up a young guy to fill a bench spot and not get regular ABs for what is likely a short DL stint. I know people are chomping at the bit to see some prospects but it just doesn't make sense to interrupt their routine just to sit on a bench in the majors. The team has too many players when fully healthy and Counsell is struggling to get them all enough playing time. This is a chance to give them all enough playing time.

I don't think 10 days off and sitting on the bench will curb one of our AAA OFs development that much. I would assume they would get a couple of starts and a handful of pinch hit opportunities. Basically should take away all of Franklins starts (Perez in IF instead of OF).

Whatever they lose in development, they will make up for by getting acclimated to the majors with less pressure and probably a desire to get back asap.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 10:54 AM Post
I'm perfectly fine with Rivera coming up and starting Thames/Perez in left for the 10 days. Rivera is good defensively and has done well at AAA and is on the 40 man.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 11:33 AM Post
Roderick said:

I don't think 10 days off and sitting on the bench will curb one of our AAA OFs development that much. I would assume they would get a couple of starts and a handful of pinch hit opportunities. Basically should take away all of Franklins starts (Perez in IF instead of OF).

Whatever they lose in development, they will make up for by getting acclimated to the majors with less pressure and probably a desire to get back asap.

There just isn't any reason to do it. We are not in trouble trying to cover OF with what we have right now. Getting a few major league AB in the middle of May is not going to somehow help any of these guys either. It is just jerking them around for no reason. This is why we kept captain Kirk so we don't have to mess with a guy who might actually be a major league player.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 11:57 AM Post
Give Cooper a shot? He has typically always been old for his level, but he has mashed pretty good and has shown great power this year. If it is a short term thing and not really long term why not let Cooper have the shot he has earned to some extent. He was a 6th round pick so not like he is some journeyman.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 12:12 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Give Cooper a shot? He has typically always been old for his level, but he has mashed pretty good and has shown great power this year. If it is a short term thing and not really long term why not let Cooper have the shot he has earned to some extent. He was a 6th round pick so not like he is some journeyman.

I would be perfectly fine with them buying into Cooper playing 1B for 10 days while Thames roams LF. As much as Aguilar has had his moments, it would be fun to see Cooper get a shot.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 12:15 PM Post
Cooper would make more sense if Aguilar wasn't already on the roster (the fact that he is the one player hitting better away from Colorado Springs is also intriguing).

Unless they really want a lefty, I think Cordell makes the most sense. You could make a good case he's been the best of the three 40-man OF at CS. Also, given his age I don't think they'd be as concerned about service time issues as with Brinson, and Phillips' K rate could make them leery about promoting him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 12:48 PM Post
Eric Sogard is coming up, ugh.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 12:52 PM Post
I have zero interest in watching Eric Sogard play baseball. Yippee he might put up a .050 ISO!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 12:54 PM Post
I'm sorry but I chuckled a bit when I saw who it was. Lots of people very excited to see certain players and it's Eric Sogard that comes up.

All said and done, it makes little difference. Thames and Perez will be out in left anyways.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 12:54 PM Post
Kind of surprising. This must mean all of Braun's at bats will be going to Perez and Aguilar I'm assuming?

If we are assuming only a 10 day stint on the DL, is 'not wanting to break up the rhythm' that the top OF prospects have currently a legit excuse not to give one of them 20+ big league at bats right now?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 12:55 PM Post
Personally, I'm thrilled for Sogard. Hasn't been in MLB since 2015, and has worked incredibly hard to get back. He's hitting .330/.421/.516 in AAA this year

Way to go Eric!!!!! Welcome back to the show!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 12:59 PM Post
There's your veteran grit. I think it signals Perez gets steady work in LF. Maybe Sogard gets a start at SS against a tough RHP?

Hard to argue that Sogard wasn't putting up good numbers. Anyone recall if his deal included an opt-out?

Last edited by JohnBriggs12 on May 12, 2017, 1:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 1:00 PM Post
Matt Garza rips Eric Sogard and his wife in offensive Twitter rant

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 1:01 PM Post
Hopefully his wife joins him so she can get reacquainted with Garza.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 1:05 PM Post
This Braun guy just needs to be fired. Useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 1:11 PM Post
Doesn't really matter to me much knowing it probably won't be a lon stint anyways. So not sure I am sad some prospect does get 15 ABs in the next 10 days, know what I mean?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 1:11 PM Post
1) if the brewers were going to bring up one of the 3 prospects we talked about and not play them, there is no point.
2) maybe the brewers want to have these players stay in CS and hopefully be in a pennant race all season.

only possible reasons for this move

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 1:14 PM Post
Holly cr@p! What a terrible twitter rant by Garza. Complete douche.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 1:18 PM Post
Brew4U said:

Nice, ready for that awkward moment where they put him at short during a Garza start now

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 83 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply