LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 67 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Re: Scahill DFA, Woodruff Promoted, Starts Game 1 Today [Or would have but for his hamstring]; Woodruff optioned back to AAA after rehab

Offline  Re: Scahill DFA, Woodruff Promoted, Starts Game 1 Today

Posted: June 13, 2017, 3:47 PM Post
Keep in mind Woodruff pitched 158 innings, Hader 126. So it's easier to keep Woodruff as a starter all year, and he would be next man up if a starter is injured or traded. Hader's innings will still be limited, so adding him to Brewers pen makes a lot of sense. Then they can always stretch him out late in the year depending on how he's throwing, where the Brewers stand, if a starter is needed, etc. I wouldn't mind if Hader developed into a late inning guy for 6 years+.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 13, 2017, 5:44 PM Post
MoreTrife said:
Happy about woodruff but whoever called the LIFO approach from Stearns was spot on. Scahill was at least 3rd behind Peralta, Feliz and even Torres.

Seems to be more of the "sunk cost" approach, as the guys with the lowest committed salary are the ones shown the door first.

Tells you what you need to know about that MBA program. The first thing you learn in B-school is you don't make decisions based on sunk costs.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Scahill DFA, Woodruff Promoted, Starts Game 1 Today

Posted: June 13, 2017, 6:06 PM Post
That was one of the crappiest games I have ever attended, and learning this after the fact makes it worse. I hate everything.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 13, 2017, 6:19 PM Post
I have to believe the plan was to keep Woodruff up for the rest of the year. Calling him up just to burn an option to send him down does not seem very smart. Now with the hamstring issue, maybe they DL him. We shall see...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 13, 2017, 6:27 PM Post
Woodruff is on the 10-day DL. We recalled Espino

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 15, 2017, 12:10 PM Post

Roster Guru
rob scahill has been outrighted to the minor leagues.

i'm not clear if he's accepted the outright assignment or not--he has the right to refuse it and declare free agency.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Scahill DFA, Woodruff Promoted, Starts Game 1 Today [Or would have but for his hamstring]

Posted: June 16, 2017, 11:19 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Scahill accepted the assignment.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Scahill DFA, Woodruff Promoted, Starts Game 1 Today [Or would have but for his hamstring]

Posted: July 17, 2017, 3:37 PM Post

Roster Guru
woodruff started his minor league rehab assignment 15 july.

the brewers can keep him on a rehab assignment for up to 30 days. they could option him after those 30 days are up, recall him on 1 september, and not burn his 2017 option, because he would have spent less than 20 days optioned to the minor leagues.

of course, the club could choose to activate him sooner than 30 days are up--especially if there's a strong need in the rotation for his services.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Scahill DFA, Woodruff Promoted, Starts Game 1 Today [Or would have but for his hamstring]

Posted: July 17, 2017, 4:12 PM Post
Bad bump! Was excited for split second that scahill was DFAed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 17, 2017, 4:14 PM Post
I think a lot of what we do will depend on what we do over the next couple weeks on this road trip. If we go something like 2-8, I think Woodruff comes up pretty quick. If we go 8-2, DS might want to go as long as possible and not burn the extra year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2017, 3:15 PM Post

Roster Guru
woodruff continues his minor league rehab with class aaa colorado springs effective today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2017, 3:20 PM Post
The title of this gets me every time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 20, 2017, 10:01 AM Post

Roster Guru
he's only five days into his rehab assignment, but craig counsell just stated that woodruff is close to becoming available.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 20, 2017, 10:16 AM Post
I'd like to see Woodruff in the bullpen with his strong k/bb ratio. Work him in like we are with Hader.

Who knows what CS did to him, but he's got good signs of being really solid.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 20, 2017, 10:32 AM Post
Maybe this thread can come full circle and we can DFA Scahill to activate Woodruff again .

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 20, 2017, 10:41 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Maybe this thread can come full circle and we can DFA Scahill to activate Woodruff again .

Barring injury, it looks like that's how it would shake out. Does Woodruff start in the pen or take Suter's spot in the rotation?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 20, 2017, 10:41 AM Post
When is Anderson do back?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 20, 2017, 10:46 AM Post
brewmann04 said:
When is Anderson do back?

Sometime around mid-August I believe.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 20, 2017, 10:54 AM Post

Roster Guru
adambr2 said:

i would imagine that would set a single-year record for the brewers. schahill has already been designated for assignment twice in 2017.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2017, 8:55 AM Post

Roster Guru
woodruff spent only 10 of 30 eligible days on his minor league rehab assignment. he has been activated from the 10-day disabled list and optioned to colorado springs.

if woodruff spends more than 20 days optioned to the minor leagues, he will burn his 2017 option.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 67 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply