LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 56 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

When is Arcia going to be moved up in the order?

Online  Re: When is Arcia going to be moved up in the order?

Posted: August 07, 2017, 8:53 AM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
Brew4U said:
His batting doesn't warrant a top half of the lineup spot. Probably belongs at 6 ahead of Broxton and whoever we toss out at 2B.[/quote

Say what? Have you been watching the futility in the leadoff spot? Arcia's OBP isn't all that impressive but in June it was .370, in July it was .326 and so far in August it's .409. They desperately need an igniter at the top of the order to jump start the offense. Arcia's not perfect but he's the best option.

No, Santana or even Braun would be better there. Arcia doesn't get on base consistently enough yet.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: When is Arcia going to be moved up in the order?

Posted: August 07, 2017, 9:09 AM Post
Arcias OBP abilities are improving and will continue to improve. Him leading off means the power guys like Braun and Santana could possibly bat with runners on. That would require Counsell to change his lineup and not change it back in a day or 2 though

1-Arica
2-Santana
3-Shaw
4-Braun
5-Thames
6-pina
Followed by the garbage

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 9:16 AM Post
Devinep said:
Arcias OBP abilities are improving and will continue to improve. Him leading off means the power guys like Braun and Santana could possibly bat with runners on. That would require Counsell to change his lineup and not change it back in a day or 2 though

1-Arica
2-Santana
3-Shaw
4-Braun
5-Thames
6-pina
Followed by the garbage

Braun isn't batting 4th. He will hit 2nd or 3rd. Most likely 3rd until he retires or falls off a cliff.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 9:17 AM Post
I could get behind the lineup just posted by Devinep. CC has obviously been tinkering with leadoff for a bit now and have to think this has to be given a shot soon. However, I also think he'll be stubborn with Thames so it goes like below. I like Devinep's route.

Arcia
Thames
Braun
Shaw
Santana
Pina

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 9:18 AM Post
Why are we moving the guy with the .327 OBP to leadoff?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 9:26 AM Post
Baldkin said:

Because his OBP since June 1st is above .380...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 9:30 AM Post
Yea not sure how diehards who would frequent this board have missed that he's been doing really well since mid-May. At the very least you have to get him up to 6th and have CF and 2B behind him.

And I'd add it's been fairly consistent, not some massive streakiness like Broxton or Thames have done.

Last edited by tmwiese55 on August 07, 2017, 9:35 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Brew4U said:
Devinep said:

1-Arica
2-Santana
3-Shaw
4-Braun
5-Thames
6-pina
Followed by the garbage

Braun isn't batting 4th. He will hit 2nd or 3rd. Most likely 3rd until he retires or falls off a cliff.

He should bat where he fits best and only that should matter but I think you also may be right. But flip Braun and Santana to keep L/R balance and it's still a good lineup

Quote   Reply 

liveforoctober said:
Baldkin said:

False.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 10:02 AM Post
Brew4U said:
liveforoctober said:
Baldkin said:

False.

Yeah that's way off. But considering his OBP in April and May was 274 and 309, a 327 OBP overall shows he's inproving in that area. He wouldn't be ideal lead off but the best on the current roster (unless they trade for Jed Lowrie like I stated in another thread)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 10:53 AM Post
his OBP since June 1 is actually .355. his slash has been .308/.355/.827

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 11:12 AM Post
All I know is Arcia hasnt crashed with the bat since the ASB, and it's sickening seeing him 8/9 getting hits when the rest arent atop the order.

Shake up the batting order already its tiring to be so pathetic at scoring runs since the ASB

Arcia, Shaw, Santana, Braun, Thames, Pina, 2b, CF.

Last edited by brewcrewdue80 on August 07, 2017, 11:16 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 11:15 AM Post
torts said:
his OBP since June 1 is actually .355. his slash has been .308/.355/.827

I would be pretty happy with that in front of the power hitters

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 11:26 AM Post
Brew4U said:
liveforoctober said:
Baldkin said:

False.

Yep, my bad. I added May's walks instead of August's.. sorry boys.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 11:34 AM Post
Arcia had 4 hits in his previous 22 AB heading into Tampa. If that doesn't scream HOT I don't know what does. Since June 1 he's been great like others have said and showed using his slash line. But how about since July 6 (one calendar month)? Since then he's slashing 253/313/709. Now lets rewind to July 6 again but remove the Tampa series this weekend making it a 23 game stretch until last Fri - he was slashing 222/292/564. If there's one word I'd use to describe Arcia more recently it sure as hell wouldn't be HOT.

Clearing the pitcher's spot in the order is massively beneficial and in the AL if you have a 9 hitter that is a second leadoff then even better. He's been in the 8 hole the entire year; he's still developing as a hitter in his first full season and literally just turned 23. We're not talking about the next Corey Seager here. Let him sit in the 8 hole and continue to develop overall, including his consistency.

Should Counsell move everybody around in the order when they're on fire? The entire offense has been inconsistent and unlucky the past 3-4 weeks. The top of the order has had really good AB they're just not getting on base. But neither has Arcia - as proven above.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 12:13 PM Post
None of this would even matter if Villar pulled his head out of his arse and played ball for the last 50 games. That's what this dang team needs. He's a spark that's has been spark-less.

Put Arcia there, fine. When he's hot, it'll be good. When he's not, I guess it'll be just like it is now with stinky Sogard there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 12:41 PM Post
Think of it like this. He for sure has to be in the top 6 right now since he's clearly one of the top 6 hitters. And they need to start bunching as many hits together as possible to get things going. So, where do you think he makes most sense, #6 or #1? Those would be the two options for him imo. I'd lean towards #1 due to the speed aspects of having him on in front Santana, Braun, Shaw. And generally having less power than the other 5 besides Pina. That's how simply I look at it right now. It would also give you a basically set 1-5 every games instead of so much flip flopping around every day. The guys moving in and out of the lineup would be C, 2b, CF.

Last edited by tmwiese55 on August 07, 2017, 12:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 12:42 PM Post
I don't know where he should hit, but the fact that Arcia is one of our better hitters right now is why we're losing games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 2:40 PM Post
Brew4U said:
None of this would even matter if Villar pulled his head out of his arse and played ball for the last 50 games. That's what this dang team needs. He's a spark that's has been spark-less.

Put Arcia there, fine. When he's hot, it'll be good. When he's not, I guess it'll be just like it is now with stinky Sogard there.

This! This is 100% correct. The Brewers came into this season with huge expectations for Villar to be an exciting table-setter at the top of the line-up, and his struggles have been the biggest culprit for the offensive inconsistency. It is great to see Arcia starting to find his stroke, but he's first and foremost in there for his defense. With their skillsets, Broxton and Brinson/Phillips should be top-of-the-order-type bats as well, but for whatever reason, each has failed miserably when given opportunities leading off. Sogard's hot hitting when first called up is the only thing keeping the lead-off spot from being a black-hole all season.

Heck, of the regular batters in the line-up, Braun's skillset probably lends itself most to the lead-off spot. It would be nice if he'd volunteer to do it until Villar/Sogard/Broxton get into a hot streak.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 3:14 PM Post
I want the best 4 hitters hitting 1-4. I don't care what order. Arcia is clearly not one of the best 4 hitters in the lineup.... yet.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 56 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply