LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 56 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

When is Arcia going to be moved up in the order?

Offline  Re: When is Arcia going to be moved up in the order?

Posted: August 07, 2017, 3:21 PM Post
Baldkin said:
I want the best 4 hitters hitting 1-4. I don't care what order. Arcia is clearly not one of the best 4 hitters in the lineup.... yet.

Agreed, and not just anyone can hit 8th either. I'm certain the Brewers front office and Craig Counsell are looking at metrics much more advanced than "Batting average and OBP since June 1st"

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 3:36 PM Post
He's batting 6th tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: When is Arcia going to be moved up in the order?

Posted: August 07, 2017, 4:25 PM Post
Ennder said:

False.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 4:29 PM Post
Jonathan Villar is not the reason an entire line up is garbage...sorry that is just wrong. They did pretty good when he sucked the rest of the year. Why is the last month or so his fault suddenly? The offense sucks for a lot of other reasons.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 5:13 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Jonathan Villar is not the reason an entire line up is garbage...sorry that is just wrong. They did pretty good when he sucked the rest of the year. Why is the last month or so his fault suddenly? The offense sucks for a lot of other reasons.

They succeeded a lot because of Sogard playing superman for a bit. It's not all on Villar butut the struggles of this team right now do relate back to Villar being a pile. And that comes from one of his actual supporters here. It's a trickle down effect.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 5:16 PM Post
Baldkin said:
Why are we moving the guy with the .327 OBP to leadoff?

Because he's been the most consistent hitter on the roster since mid May and you want your best hitters getting the most plate appearances? What's so hard to understand? The top 4 should be Arcia, Santana, Braun and Shaw. If someone else gets hot, and one of those 4 cools down considerably then make another change. It's not rocket science. What's nonsensical is not moving Arcia up because that would somehow put too much pressure on him. My goodness, Arcia exudes condidence.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 5:20 PM Post
MrTPlush said:

When the rest of the lineup was hitting they could afford a hole at the top. They no longer have that luxury.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 5:20 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
Baldkin said:
Why are we moving the guy with the .327 OBP to leadoff?

Because he's been the most consistent hitter on the roster since mid May and you want your best hitters getting the most plate appearances? What's so hard to understand? The top 4 should be Arcia, Santana, Braun and Shaw. If someone else gets hot, and one of those 4 cools down considerably then make another change. It's not rocket science. What's nonsensical is not moving Arcia up because that would somehow put too much pressure on him. My goodness, Arcia exudes condidence.

He hasn't been. He had a .700 OPS in July. He's clearly not a better hitter than Thames or Aguilar.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2017, 5:40 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Ennder said:

False.

Oops, didn't notice the pitcher was in parenthesis. 7th!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 08, 2017, 12:15 PM Post
Global Moderator
OBP over the last 30 days for guys who are currently available:

1) Braun .368
2) Shaw .365
3) Pina .359
4) Thames .323
5) Santana .312
6) Arcia .311
7) Broxton .277
8) Perez .274
9) Villar .241
10) Aguilar .231
11) Sogard .139
12) Susac .000

Not really a lot there to work with. I'd probably go with Santana, Thames, Braun, Shaw, Pina, Broxton, Arcia, Villar/Sogard, Pitcher with Perez filling in as needed.

As to Arcia, I'd move Villar/Sogard to #8, so Arcia should move up at least one spot. Broxton's on a bit of a hot streak now, so I'd keep him ahead of Arcia for now.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 08, 2017, 12:24 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
MrTPlush said:

When the rest of the lineup was hitting they could afford a hole at the top. They no longer have that luxury.

Sure, but this isn't mainly Villar's fault or a trickle down effect. They ALL consistently suck. It is the entire line has sucked. Villar does not make the entire line hit 1-100 with RISP. To even hint Villar is the starter(or major cause of said problem) of such issues, sorry, is blantantly false.

These line up issues are a whole...not on any specific guy. Actually if anyone should be blamed point the finger at Eric Thames. Maybe we should stop putting a guy who hits for a horribly poor average in a prime RISP spot in the line up. Which I think has started to happen thank gosh.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 08, 2017, 1:45 PM Post
monty57 said:
OBP over the last 30 days for guys who are currently available:

1) Braun .368
2) Shaw .365
3) Pina .359
4) Thames .323
5) Santana .312
6) Arcia .311
7) Broxton .277
8) Perez .274
9) Villar .241
10) Aguilar .231
11) Sogard .139
12) Susac .000

Not really a lot there to work with. I'd probably go with Santana, Thames, Braun, Shaw, Pina, Broxton, Arcia, Villar/Sogard, Pitcher with Perez filling in as needed.

As to Arcia, I'd move Villar/Sogard to #8, so Arcia should move up at least one spot. Broxton's on a bit of a hot streak now, so I'd keep him ahead of Arcia for now.

Perez frustrates me to no end. That dude could be a really good hitter if he had just any shred of plate discipline, but instead he hacks at anything a pitcher throws at him, including if he manages to get ahead in the count.

With his defensive versatility and talent as a hitter, Perez could be a really rich guy if he simply made pitchers throw him more strikes, but he refuses to do so.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 4:16 PM Post

Roster Guru
arcia is batting second tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 5:08 PM Post
djoctagone said:
arcia is batting second tonight.

To me, makes no sense to put him after Santana in this case. Santana could use a runner on when he hits a double tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 11, 2017, 2:42 PM Post

Roster Guru
after batting second last night, arcia is back to eighth tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 11, 2017, 2:51 PM Post
I like that CC went back to the original order. I don't think his tinkering helped anything. Villar had better at bats yesterday, even aside from his 2 hits. If the Brewers did claim Kinsler, he would likely hit leadoff so nothing would change except Villar getting glued to the bench.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 56 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply