LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 178 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Quintana to The Cubs for a lot

Offline  Re: Quintana to The Cubs for a lot
Posted: July 14, 2017, 5:15 PM Post
Bob Nightengale tweeted the Brewers pursuit of Jose Quintana was a serious one. Will be interesting to see if Stearns can nab one of the remaining top of the rotation starters. At least ones fancier than a mid rotation guy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 14, 2017, 5:25 PM Post
leitermab07 said:
NievesNoNO said:
I don't think the Cubs have the necessary minor league prospects for Gray. They do have young MLB guys, as others have mentioned. Happ straight up would be an excellent get for the A's, imo.

After what the White sox just got for a controlled starter, there is no way in hell Beane would accept that. He is looking for something similar to the Quintana trade and i don't blame him.

He might be but I don't think he'll get it. Gray doesn't have the same track record as Quintana and is controllable for one fewer season. I just think a 22 year old middle infielder who's already proven he can hit MLB pitching with 25-30 hr power upside is a pretty valuable thing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 14, 2017, 6:01 PM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
Bob Nightengale tweeted the Brewers pursuit of Jose Quintana was a serious one. Will be interesting to see if Stearns can nab one of the remaining top of the rotation starters. At least ones fancier than a mid rotation guy.

The CSN Chicago White Sox Podcast from yesterday is an interesting listen. They speculate that the Brewers may have been the team that was primarily in contact with Rick Hahn leading up to Quintana's start on Friday night. More concretely if you go to around the 7:30 mark they discuss when things heated up on Sunday which is also apparently when the Cubs started to get seriously involved, and at the 9:00 minute mark they mention that they know without a doubt that the Brewers (and Braves) were at the finish line or "the five yard line" to use a football analogy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 14, 2017, 6:15 PM Post
Eye Black at Night said:
MrTPlush said:

The CSN Chicago White Sox Podcast from yesterday is an interesting listen. They speculate that the Brewers may have been the team that was primarily in contact with Rick Hahn leading up to Quintana's start on Friday night. More concretely if you go to around the 7:30 mark they discuss when things heated up on Sunday which is also apparently when the Cubs started to get seriously involved, and at the 9:00 minute mark they mention that they know without a doubt that the Brewers (and Braves) were at the finish line or "the five yard line" to use a football analogy.

Thanks for the link! One must wonder if the Brewers success this year played heavily in the Cubs decision to pull the trigger.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 14, 2017, 7:00 PM Post
Global Moderator
The Braves offer for Quintana included SS Ozzie Albies (Link) so if the Brewers were seriously in the mix I have to assume their offer included at least one of Hader or Brinson. Just speculation, but I would guess that Corey Ray was in the mix as well.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Quintana to The Cubs for a lot
Posted: July 14, 2017, 7:33 PM Post
NSBB is giving some of you guys the business about this thread if you care...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 14, 2017, 7:44 PM Post
Global Moderator
wallus said:
NSBB is giving some of you guys the business about this thread if you care...

Never heard of it, but it sounds miserable.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 14, 2017, 8:15 PM Post
Some things about forums I just don't get. One of the main ones is people who enjoy frequenting other team's forums. Even worse is when they make an account. Why? You must either really like arguing or your team's forum really sucks that much. I just will never understand the attraction.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 14, 2017, 9:17 PM Post
Global Moderator
I can see going to another team's forum to see what they thought of the trade. But in this case, it would be the White Sox. Seeing what we think of the trade is a bit odd...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2017, 1:33 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
I tried going there to see what was happening, but my eyeballs exploded between all of the ads, obnoxious jpegs, gifs, and quotes of quotes of quotes. It's kind of like a message board representation of going to a game at Wrigley Field.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2017, 1:49 PM Post
And That said:
I tried going there to see what was happening, but my eyeballs exploded between all of the ads, obnoxious jpegs, gifs, and quotes of quotes of quotes. It's kind of like a message board representation of going to a game at Wrigley Field.

Except without the wetbutt.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2017, 2:34 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
I can see going to another team's forum to see what they thought of the trade. But in this case, it would be the White Sox. Seeing what we think of the trade is a bit odd...

It would be natural for those fans to come over here for a look as the Brewers are ahead of the Cubs in the standings. Get the temp & feel type of thing.
Strange would by those same fans checking a Reds or Tigers board.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 16, 2017, 2:48 PM Post
Sure glad that Quintana guy is mediocre.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 16, 2017, 6:20 PM Post
82brewcrew82 said:

Yes because shutting down a completely dysfunctional Orioles offense means you are a super star. Quintana gave up the same number of runs against them that Garza did to use one example.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 16, 2017, 9:47 PM Post
Ennder said:
82brewcrew82 said:

Yes because shutting down a completely dysfunctional Orioles offense means you are a super star. Quintana gave up the same number of runs against them that Garza did to use one example.

It's ok to say that Quintana pitched a fabulous game. That same Orioles offense scored eight runs on the Cubs pitching the night before.

Time will tell on how he does going forward.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 27, 2017, 12:38 PM Post
Being reported that the offer was Ray and Ortiz for Jose Quintana

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 27, 2017, 12:41 PM Post
mlloyd10 said:

Source?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 27, 2017, 1:03 PM Post
rickh150 said:
mlloyd10 said:

Source?

This was the only place I found it.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/25/the-yankees-prospects-as-covet-in-sonny-gray-sweepstakes/

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Quintana to The Cubs for a lot
Posted: July 27, 2017, 1:27 PM Post
Global Moderator
mlloyd10 said:

That's not a bad package, but not close to what the Cubs gave up. I'm glad we didn't try to match the Cubs' offer. They have a lot of young talent at the MLB level and an unlimited check book, so they can make that deal. The Brewers couldn't afford to pay that much in talent, so kudos to Stearns/Attanasio for understanding that would have been a big overpay for them.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 27, 2017, 2:54 PM Post
If you can take something away from a direct competitor it has extra value - not just the gain to you, but the loss to the competitor.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 178 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply