LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 3 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Michael Pineda has torn UCL - TJ surgery likely

Offline  Michael Pineda has torn UCL - TJ surgery likely

Posted: July 14, 2017, 10:30 AM Post
Global Moderator
The Yankees will lose Michael Pineda to a to UCL. Tommy John surgery has been recommended.

The injury affects Milwaukee indirectly, as the Yankees will likely be looking for rotation help, something that the Brewers may pursue in the coming weeks.

Pineda is seeking a second opinion, possibly hoping he can do a stem cell procedure or platelet-rich plasma injection instead. No matter, he's almost assuredly done for the year - and possibly 2018 if TJ is done.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/ ... nkees.html

Pineda is scheduled to be a free agent after this season, so the injury comes at a horrible time for him.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Michael Pineda has torn UCL - TJ surgery likely

Posted: July 14, 2017, 10:42 AM Post
The Yankees were looking for rotation help even before this injury. I don't think Severino or Montgomery are ready to pitch full seasons so they really only have 2 pitchers right now that can be depended on all year and one just came off the DL and the other has been awful. They may just throw in the towel if the next 10 days go poorly.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Michael Pineda has torn UCL - TJ surgery likely

Posted: July 14, 2017, 11:28 AM Post
I agree that I think this probably doesn't hurt our chances that much. If anything, it makes the Yankees less likely to make a big trade.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 3 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply