LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brian Anderson No Bueno

Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno

Posted: August 03, 2017, 8:44 PM Post
I like BA. I think he is articulate. I think he is truthful. I think he is factual. I think he is a professional in the industry as referenced by his opportunities in the business to do other things.

Schroeder is not my cup of tea. I think he is full of hyperbole. I find him factually incorrect multiple times a week, yet he seems to have no clue that what he said was untruthful. I've never mentioned BS in this forum. The other night, I was watching the ballgame with my son, been trying to teach him the nuances of the game, strategy, etc. I, for the first time ever, mentioned my disdain for the aloof Schroeder in the IGT and basically got ran off the message board as being hateful. I'm not hateful. Instead, what I would like is for him to be factual when describing the action.

Lepay is wonderful for football radio. One of the best in that element. Living on the west coast, I don't often hear Augustine. I still enjoy listening to Uecker but don't much care for his current partner, who's name escapes me at the moment.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 03, 2017, 9:32 PM Post
I live in florida so fswi will be blacked out this weekend. I dread it evrry time bevause their announcers are SO boring. For me i love BA because i became a fan near when he started calling the crew. It will be weird (and is weird when lepay is on but i like him too) when he eventually moves on. Hes nostalgic for me.

I have to either watch the other teams broadcast or mute the tv when ol breakaball or coshun is on. Those guys are AWFUL. I do like coshun as the sideline announcer or brewers luve guy however.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 8:41 AM Post
djd1228 said:
I live in florida so fswi will be blacked out this weekend. I dread it every time because their announcers are SO boring. For me i love BA because i became a fan near when he started calling the crew. It will be weird (and is weird when Lepay is on but i like him too) when he eventually moves on. Hes nostalgic for me.

I have to either watch the other teams broadcast or mute the tv when ol breakaball or coshun is on. Those guys are AWFUL. I do like Coshun as the sideline announcer or brewers luve guy however.

Dewayne Staats is unbearable.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:21 AM Post
areacodes said:
RWeeksFan23 said:
I'm a little surprised at all the love for BA on here. I find him to be really annoying, it has nothing to do with him being "boring", I don't even find him boring at all. Just annoying.

What does he do that is so annoying?

-Whenever we play the Pirates at PNC Park, he says "Alleganie River" like a million times a game. That would be a good drinking game, take a drink every time he says it, you'll be wasted halfway through the game. Like, we get it, you know the name of the river that's next to the stadium.. I can't speak for other people, but I couldn't care less about some stupid river when I'm watching a baseball game.

-Have you ever heard him say the word "amateur"? It's like nails on a chalkboard.

-He's a big-time homer. All he does all game long, is praise Brewer after Brewer with unneccesary praise that gets very old fast.

- He compares players/praises players based off old-fashioned stats like RBIs, errors, etc.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:25 AM Post

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:29 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
I really like Brian Anderson, with the exception of the Pina pronunciation thing, his infatuation with saying "butcher boy" and lack of a home run call.

As for being a homer, to a certain extent home team announcers have to be, and I've heard a LOT worse than he is, which I think in part because he does so much national stuff. Like, Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven on the Twins broadcast are unbearably homer-ish, and have been for 20 years.

I think Anderson is a great middle ground between Matt Vasgersian, who was a little too pop culture forward for Rock to keep up with, and the stodginess of a Dick Bremer or Jim Paschke type of guy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:48 AM Post
How does one get so offended over an announcer? Why get all bent out of shape? It's almost comical how much it irritates some people. You are mentioning little minor things I have never noticed before.

You might as well mute the TV. No way any announcer would please you.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:48 AM Post
And That said:
I really like Brian Anderson, with the exception of the Pina pronunciation thing, his infatuation with saying "butcher boy" and lack of a home run call.

As for being a homer, to a certain extent home team announcers have to be, and I've heard a LOT worse than he is, which I think in part because he does so much national stuff. Like, Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven on the Twins broadcast are unbearably homer-ish, and have been for 20 years.

I think Anderson is a great middle ground between Matt Vasgersian, who was a little too pop culture forward for Rock to keep up with, and the stodginess of a Dick Bremer or Jim Paschke type of guy.

For the first sentence, these things are important to me. I don't really care how knowledgeable someone is, if they're boring I'd rather have someone exciting who is less knowledgeable (and gets the damn name right, that's your job).

Overall though, we're pretty spoiled. Especially radio - Uecker, Wayne Larrivee for Packers games, before him Max McGee and Jim Irwin for years, and I love Lepay, especially for UW radio sports. Those are some really talented, engaging, and entertaining announcers.

(I still remember listening to Irwin and McGee call a Packers-Bears game. The Packers were creaming them, and the Bears put in their 3rd string QB Peter Tom (P.T.) Willis. McGee says, on the air, "Who the hell is P.T. Willis?")

I couldn't stand listening to the Yankees announcers, and that was by halfway through the first game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 9:55 AM Post
I really like Brian Anderson. He doesn't get national work because he's bad. I've lurked this board for about five years before I finally created an account to post and it really baffles me how many times this same thread pops up. Like Louis said, for Wisconsin sports we are incredibly spoiled with the radio and TV broadcast talent we have covering this state.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 12:11 PM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
No matter who has been in the booth or partnering with Uecker, threads pop up complaining about them. I must be in a rare minority that absolutely does not care. I enjoy watching baseball, the guys telling me what happen out there dont matter.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 1:11 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
How does one get so offended over an announcer? Why get all bent out of shape? It's almost comical how much it irritates some people. You are mentioning little minor things I have never noticed before.

You might as well mute the TV. No way any announcer would please you.

Why do you care so much about what annoys other people?

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 1:12 PM Post
iKezims said:
He doesn't get national work because he's bad.

Thom Brennaman gets national work.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 1:43 PM Post
It was mostly intended to just be a light hearted thread, and the responses have been fun

I do find the notion that "there are much worse announcers out there" to be not exactly a convincing vote of confidence.

McDonald's gets lots of "national work" too, they are kinda bland. At least Brian hasn't talked about his Dog in 2 or 3 games, I'd call that a hot streak

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 1:55 PM Post

GIF Master
BA is literally one of the best PBP guys in the country in any sport. And that he can do multiple sports at such a high level elevates him even more. To think he is bad at his job is absolutely baffling.

And Rock is fine. It's cool to have a total homer former player as the color guy, especially one who has been attached to the team for so long. It's fun.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 2:10 PM Post
The dog thing is stupid, but I feel like Rock LOVES bringing it up first. Is this dog new? I don't remember ever being mentioned before this year. Was this just something he was talking about when bark at the park was coming up

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 2:15 PM Post

GIF Master
Oh, but wait, BA says the guy on deck "would be next."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 04, 2017, 2:17 PM Post
RWeeksFan23 said:
areacodes said:
RWeeksFan23 said:
I'm a little surprised at all the love for BA on here. I find him to be really annoying, it has nothing to do with him being "boring", I don't even find him boring at all. Just annoying.

-Whenever we play the Pirates at PNC Park, he says "Alleganie River" like a million times a game. That would be a good drinking game, take a drink every time he says it, you'll be wasted halfway through the game. Like, we get it, you know the name of the river that's next to the stadium.. I can't speak for other people, but I couldn't care less about some stupid river when I'm watching a baseball game.

-Have you ever heard him say the word "amateur"? It's like nails on a chalkboard.

-He's a big-time homer. All he does all game long, is praise Brewer after Brewer with unneccesary praise that gets very old fast.

- He compares players/praises players based off old-fashioned stats like RBIs, errors, etc.

That's funny because I think he's the opposite. He generally gushes over opposing players more than ours but the things he does say about our guys are generally generic stupid unnecessary things like you say.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 08, 2017, 7:06 PM Post
Since this has sort of becoming a general announcing thread (Wasn't one of those floating around at some point? Maybe it could be brought back with that more general title?), I wanted to add my appreciation of Grindl and Levering. I will be really bummed when Ueck can't do this anymore, but those two offer hope.

As for Lepay, I agree that baseball doesn't suit him as much as radio football and basketball, but he's gotten a lot better since he started. Seem to me like the guy is a professional that will just get better at anything broadcasting related if he does it long enough.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 08, 2017, 7:26 PM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:

He's still on the air.
The issue isn't dead like the horse.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 08, 2017, 8:14 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
RWeeksFan23 said:
RWeeksFan23 said:

That's funny because I think he's the opposite. He generally gushes over opposing players more than ours but the things he does say about our guys are generally generic stupid unnecessary things like you say.

I agree. I think he's far from a homer. He has certain players that he gushes about, Jordy Mercer for some weird reason, but he has a relatively neutral stance. IMO there are very few play by play callers I'd take over him.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply