LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brian Anderson No Bueno

Author Message
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#61

Posted: August 08, 2017, 9:23 PM Post
Posts: 2907
Cool Hand Lucroy said:

As for Lepay, I agree that baseball doesn't suit him as much as radio football and basketball, but he's gotten a lot better since he started. Seem to me like the guy is a professional that will just get better at anything broadcasting related if he does it long enough.


Man oh man, I think Lepay is way better than BA. Just a matter of opinion though. I like a good home grilled steak better than McDonald's too, even though Billions eat the Mickie D's

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#62

Posted: August 15, 2017, 7:39 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 16975
Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina it's Pina, you idiot.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#63

Posted: August 15, 2017, 9:59 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1331
Location: At the gettin' place
trwi7 said:
Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina it's Pina, you idiot.


He actually said Pena tonight and corrected himself. I couldn't believe it.

I hate the Cubs. I hope they die.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#64

Posted: August 15, 2017, 11:06 PM Post
Posts: 2907
trwi7 said:
Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina Pina it's Pina, you idiot.


Don't criticize. He's on national TV a lot. We're lucky to have him. There are worse announcers out there.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#65

Posted: August 16, 2017, 2:50 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 16975
"Schwarzak"

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#66

Posted: August 16, 2017, 2:57 PM Post
Posts: 6353
Location: Kenosha, WI
3and2Fastball said:
Cool Hand Lucroy said:

As for Lepay, I agree that baseball doesn't suit him as much as radio football and basketball, but he's gotten a lot better since he started. Seem to me like the guy is a professional that will just get better at anything broadcasting related if he does it long enough.


Man oh man, I think Lepay is way better than BA. Just a matter of opinion though. I like a good home grilled steak better than McDonald's too, even though Billions eat the Mickie D's


You just compared something that is a $1 to something that is $10+. You really just complimented BA even more because he is more expensive and most people still prefer him.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#67

Posted: August 17, 2017, 5:53 AM Post
Posts: 505
Location: Oshkosh
Brian Anderson is an outstanding announcer and we're lucky to have him.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#68

Posted: August 17, 2017, 8:07 AM Post
Posts: 179
I can't even believe we are having this conversation on this board? Is BA perfect - no, nobody is. But, as others have already stated - there is a reason why he is so coveted for all of these national broadcasts. The guy is one of the best in the business, and we are extremely lucky to have him - especially for as small of a market as we are.

I'm not a UW fan, but I've always been jealous of the Badgers for having Lepay as their PBP guy for football and hoops. There is no doubt that he is also one of the best in the business for what he does there. And, I think he does a fine job filling in for BA when he's out doing his national stuff. But, he's not on the same level as BA for calling baseball games on TV. He just isn't.

I've talked to some people that know this business well from outside the state, and they say that Wisconsin sports fans don't realize how fortunate they are to have the PBP guys that they have covering all of the sports teams in this state.

I think it's time we move onto something else to complain about.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#69

Posted: August 17, 2017, 8:22 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2091
I think many of you are underestimating how hard it is to be a Baseball announcer and to constantly stay fresh. We are talking 162 games with a lot of downtime. Yes I know BA does fewer games than that, but it's still a lot. People are going to repeat themselves, they will say dumb things, they will screw up. I think there are a lot of people that will never be happy with a full time radio or tv guy. I've always thought we've been extremely fortunate in WI and as Brewer fans, to have had the talent we've had (especially in a small market. Be thankful.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#70

Posted: August 17, 2017, 11:00 AM Post
Posts: 31
madtownhawk said:
I can't even believe we are having this conversation on this board? Is BA perfect - no, nobody is. But, as others have already stated - there is a reason why he is so coveted for all of these national broadcasts. The guy is one of the best in the business, and we are extremely lucky to have him - especially for as small of a market as we are.

I'm not a UW fan, but I've always been jealous of the Badgers for having Lepay as their PBP guy for football and hoops. There is no doubt that he is also one of the best in the business for what he does there. And, I think he does a fine job filling in for BA when he's out doing his national stuff. But, he's not on the same level as BA for calling baseball games on TV. He just isn't.

I've talked to some people that know this business well from outside the state, and they say that Wisconsin sports fans don't realize how fortunate they are to have the PBP guys that they have covering all of the sports teams in this state.

I think it's time we move onto something else to complain about.


That's the truth. Try listening to Dan McLaughlin (Cardinals) sometime. The smirk, smarm, and passive aggressive homerism is just brutal.

Or, closer to home, imagine having Hawk Freaking Harrelson. I mean, if you want unabashed homerism, I suppose he's your guy, but that's not what I want. (Good news for Sox fans is Hawk's replacement, Jason Benetti, is really good.)

Remember, it could be a lot worse. The Brewers employed Daron Sutton. I wanted to jump through my TV and throttle him nearly every time he was on. Talk about no-talent coasting on his last name. Yeesh.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#71

Posted: August 17, 2017, 11:26 AM Post
Posts: 31
madtownhawk said:
I can't even believe we are having this conversation on this board? Is BA perfect - no, nobody is. But, as others have already stated - there is a reason why he is so coveted for all of these national broadcasts. The guy is one of the best in the business, and we are extremely lucky to have him - especially for as small of a market as we are.

I'm not a UW fan, but I've always been jealous of the Badgers for having Lepay as their PBP guy for football and hoops. There is no doubt that he is also one of the best in the business for what he does there. And, I think he does a fine job filling in for BA when he's out doing his national stuff. But, he's not on the same level as BA for calling baseball games on TV. He just isn't.

I've talked to some people that know this business well from outside the state, and they say that Wisconsin sports fans don't realize how fortunate they are to have the PBP guys that they have covering all of the sports teams in this state.

I think it's time we move onto something else to complain about.


That's the truth. Try listening to Dan McLaughlin (Cardinals) sometime. The smirk, smarm, and passive aggressive homerism is just brutal.

Or, closer to home, imagine having Hawk Freaking Harrelson. I mean, if you want unabashed homerism, I suppose he's your guy, but that's not what I want. (Good news for Sox fans is Hawk's replacement, Jason Benetti, is really good.)

Remember, it could be a lot worse. The Brewers employed Daron Sutton. I wanted to jump through my TV and throttle him nearly every time he was on. Talk about no-talent coasting on his last name. Yeesh.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#72

Posted: August 17, 2017, 12:09 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6410
So like every time this discussion happens, it comes down to "everyone else sucks, so Brian Anderson is good". I'm not going to say he's horrible but I cannot believe people find him to be good. He's boring, middle of the road, vanilla, blah.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#73

Posted: August 17, 2017, 12:14 PM Post
Posts: 6353
Location: Kenosha, WI
jerichoholicninja said:
So like every time this discussion happens, it comes down to "everyone else sucks, so Brian Anderson is good". I'm not going to say he's horrible but I cannot believe people find him to be good. He's boring, middle of the road, vanilla, blah.


No it is the fact there is a pretty large pile of garbage announcers out there so people should stop pleading for Anderson to be fired cause he calls his HRs later than others(among other petty complaints). People want to get rid of Anderson when they don't even know the alternative and being Milwaukee it would probably be someone pretty cruddy.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#74

Posted: August 17, 2017, 12:15 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6410
MrTPlush said:
jerichoholicninja said:
So like every time this discussion happens, it comes down to "everyone else sucks, so Brian Anderson is good". I'm not going to say he's horrible but I cannot believe people find him to be good. He's boring, middle of the road, vanilla, blah.


No it is the fact there is a pretty large pile of garbage announcers out there so people should stop pleading for Anderson to be fired cause he calls his HRs later than others(among other petty complaints). People want to get rid of Anderson when they don't even know the alternative and being Milwaukee it would probably be someone pretty cruddy.


You basically just backed up my point.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#75

Posted: August 17, 2017, 12:37 PM Post
Posts: 1689
Location: Madison, WI
jerichoholicninja said:
MrTPlush said:
jerichoholicninja said:
So like every time this discussion happens, it comes down to "everyone else sucks, so Brian Anderson is good". I'm not going to say he's horrible but I cannot believe people find him to be good. He's boring, middle of the road, vanilla, blah.


No it is the fact there is a pretty large pile of garbage announcers out there so people should stop pleading for Anderson to be fired cause he calls his HRs later than others(among other petty complaints). People want to get rid of Anderson when they don't even know the alternative and being Milwaukee it would probably be someone pretty cruddy.


You basically just backed up my point.


Sooo, should they just not have announcers? They're all going to do stuff you get sick of, make mistakes, repeat the same things, etc because there are so many games. It's simply that there is above a 95% chance that whoever they get to replace BA would be worse than BA. Might even be closer to 100% since if someone is better they're doing national stuff, their teams won't let them go, or they would have no interest in the smallest market that is not viewed in any way as destination place to be.

Maybe people would like that, more stuff to complain about I guess and that seems to be what a lot of people enjoy.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#76

Posted: August 17, 2017, 3:28 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3884
Location: Somewhere near Mark A's place
I will never understand why we have a thread like this every year. The guy is funny, knowledgeable and entertaining. If you spend 3 hours a night for 162 days (or however many days he does), you are bound to find flaws in anyone. I love the guy. Having Matt LePay as a fill in is an absolute blessing. We are so lucky to have them...not to mention Uecker on the radio side for all these years. These guys are all top decile announcers.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#77

Posted: August 17, 2017, 3:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10019
Bring on the computer announcers!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#78

Posted: August 17, 2017, 3:38 PM Post
Posts: 289
It really is amazing the quality of WI broadcasters we have. Brewers Radio and TV, Badgers, Bucks, Packers all really good. Even the local HS sports radio guys in Appleton are solid when I tune in here and there (though definitely not in the same league). I agree with the points made that any broadcaster is going to have little things that might irk someone, especially after countless games of hearing them over and over.

Really, everything is better in Wisconsin! Even the fan forums!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#79

Posted: August 17, 2017, 4:42 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 16975
tmwiese55 said:
Sooo, should they just not have announcers?


I'd be good with this. Just give me the crowd noise.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brian Anderson No Bueno
#80

Posted: August 17, 2017, 4:46 PM Post
Posts: 6353
Location: Kenosha, WI
trwi7 said:
tmwiese55 said:
Sooo, should they just not have announcers?


I'd be good with this. Just give me the crowd noise.


So every pop up is a HR?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brwrsfan, MadScientist and 17 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test