LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Second base

Offline  Re: Second base

Posted: August 10, 2017, 1:15 PM Post
djoctagone said:
tmwiese55 said:
I assume Sogard can't be optioned so if you think he's done, let him go and roll the dice on Dejesus then and hope you can get a Sogard lite hot streak from him.

sogard has one minor league option remaining, but he has more than five years of mlb service time (he did entering 2017 spring training). if the brewers tried to option sogard, he'd have the right to refuse the assignment (voiding the rest of his contract) and select free agency. given how close it is to september roster expansion, sogard would be foolish to refuse the optional assignment.

There ya go, this seems like an option. Maybe catch lightning in the bottle with dejesus. And you can sell it to Sogard as a way to go down and get right again, maybe he'll start clicking like he was before when they brought him up. Then maybe can get some ok play out of him in September or whenever he gets back up.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Second base

Posted: August 10, 2017, 1:38 PM Post
If you're not going to get a replacement, and it feels that way, just put Villar out there and bat him 8th. Let him swing his way out of it (or not). But either way, that would be just as productive as what we are getting now and, we'd have a decent idea if Villar needs a change of scenery or not. This whole I told you so nonsense about Villar is baffling.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 2:09 PM Post
Global Moderator
FVBrewerFan said:
Outlander said:
I'm not usually a change for change sake type of guy but the Brewers are at a crossroads now and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Did someone say something about "desperate measures????" Hey, Stearns, you have my number.

You can never go wrong with that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 2:18 PM Post

Roster Guru
tmwiese55 said:
djoctagone said:
sogard has one minor league option remaining, but he has more than five years of mlb service time (he did entering 2017 spring training). if the brewers tried to option sogard, he'd have the right to refuse the assignment (voiding the rest of his contract) and select free agency. given how close it is to september roster expansion, sogard would be foolish to refuse the optional assignment.

There ya go, this seems like an option. Maybe catch lightning in the bottle with dejesus. And you can sell it to Sogard as a way to go down and get right again, maybe he'll start clicking like he was before when they brought him up. Then maybe can get some ok play out of him in September or whenever he gets back up.

this would still require bumping another player from the 40-man to make room for de jesus, jr.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 2:26 PM Post
Blazek, Espino, and Drake are still on the 40 man. Wouldn't blink an eye if any of them are replaced.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 3:01 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Blazek, Espino, and Drake are still on the 40 man. Wouldn't blink an eye if any of them are replaced.

I agree. I would also add Adrian Houser to that list.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 10, 2017, 3:03 PM Post
I'm shocked that Drake is still on the team every time he comes in the game. Enough is enough.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply