LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

radio announcers what you want

Offline  radio announcers what you want

Posted: August 16, 2017, 4:05 PM Post
I want radio announcers to tell me wants happening on field, the score, the count, and the general game situation. Uecker hasn't done this for 4 years. Time to go.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: radio announcers what you want

Posted: August 16, 2017, 4:12 PM Post

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 4:25 PM Post
newrivervalley said:
I want radio announcers to tell me wants happening on field, the score, the count, and the general game situation. Uecker hasn't done this for 4 years. Time to go.

[laughing] riiiiight.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 4:27 PM Post
Uecker will never be fired but the OP has a point. On TV it's different but if you're listening on the radio, you need a description of what's happening and if Uecker doesn't provide that (I don't know, I don't really listen on the radio) then I can understand how that would be incredibly frustrating for someone who doesn't have access to a TV to see what's happening or even a computer to check gameday.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 4:31 PM Post
I'm still struggling with the thread title...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 4:35 PM Post
Paul77 said:

why what you problem with?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 4:38 PM Post
Yeah I've been waiting for Uecker to retire for a while now. If we're down a bunch of runs he's a good guy to have in the booth, just not in a close game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 4:44 PM Post

Roster Guru
newrivervalley said:
radio announcers what you want

if you've been paying attention, it's more cedar crest ice cream stocked in the mini freezer.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 4:55 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Paul77 said:

why what you problem with?

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing]
This had me laughing out loud

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 7:11 PM Post
Day drinking is ok if it's an afternoon game.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 7:30 PM Post
I listen to a lot of day games on MLB radio. Love Cleveland, Denver and NYY. They describe the game and root for the home team. Never get confused about what's going on, the score, or what inning. Not so much with Milwaukee.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 7:51 PM Post
Yeah, that's bugged me for a while. He's a great announcer for a bad team, where you don't care what's going on. Not so much when you actually want to know what is going on.

I've never understood why they still do the alternating announcers thing. It would be better with a play by play guy and Uecker providing the color commentary.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 8:15 PM Post
Ya, Uecker is pretty bad at actually calling a game. But if you want a guy who will tell the same "I was bad at baseball" stories over and over again, he's your man.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 9:11 PM Post
Global Moderator
newrivervalley said:

Hahaha... I've been listening to him since the mid 80s and there were innings that I never heard how any of the 3 outs came in, but it was still good.

I have no idea how long he will announce but legends tend to get more sway in what they do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 10:18 PM Post
bork said:
Yeah, that's bugged me for a while. He's a great announcer for a bad team, where you don't care what's going on. Not so much when you actually want to know what is going on.

I've never understood why they still do the alternating announcers thing. It would be better with a play by play guy and Uecker providing the color commentary.

This but Ueker wouldn't let him call the game.

There are many times the ball is hit and Ueker seems to have no idea where its headed. Pitch count just isn't a thing to him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 10:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
CheezWizHed said:
Hahaha... I've been listening to him since the mid 80s and there were innings that I never heard how any of the 3 outs came in, but it was still good.

I have no idea how long he will announce but legends tend to get more sway in what they do.

I guess I don't care all that much when we're 55 - 72 and completely out of the race and Ueck is just filling time with his fluff stories, but when we're a game back or whatever and in a one run game in the 8th, I kind of want to know what's going on!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2017, 10:51 PM Post
This thread is ridiculous. Try living outside of Milwaukee for a while. You learn to appreciate Uke real quick.

I listened to him for a week when I came home and he was fine. Never thought, not once, that I didn't know what was going on in a game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 17, 2017, 5:32 AM Post
In my time following the Brewers I've listened to Uecker, Jim Powell, Cory Provus, Joe Block, Jeff Levering, and Lane Grindle. I would rank Uecker as my 6th favorite. When I'm working sometimes I like to know what's going on in the game I'm listening to.

When I'm at games and Uecker is on in the background in the stadium it's amazing how often what happened on the field and what Uecker is describing are two entirely different things.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 17, 2017, 5:35 AM Post
I want them to not be complete homers, to not have ridiculously stupid home run calls and to not say completely idiotic things during the game. I also want them to be able to put out complete sentences without stumbling over words and to not just be completely boring.

These requests seem easy enough but very few announcers manage to fit all of them and none of the current Brewer guys manage it though Ueker used to.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 17, 2017, 6:54 AM Post
Global Moderator
RoCoBrewfan said:
CheezWizHed said:

I guess I don't care all that much when we're 55 - 72 and completely out of the race and Ueck is just filling time with his fluff stories, but when we're a game back or whatever and in a one run game in the 8th, I kind of want to know what's going on!

True. I suppose part of it is how I watch/listen to a game too. If I'm listening, 90% of the time I'm doing something else. So I'm only paying 50% attention anyway. If its a big game or tight, I tend to watch it or follow online also.

Maybe its loyalty for having one of the best announcers through the years that brought amusement through terrible seasons that I defend him. He certainly has slipped over the last 5 years or so. But frankly, I don't care. He is a legend and I'll take him as long as I can. We will miss him when he is gone and that probably isn't very far away. [sad]

I still do remember when I first started following the Brewers closely and was trying to figure out why they got some actor from "Mr. Belvedere" to announce for us... [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply