LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 80 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Anderson vs. Nelson

Offline  Re: Anderson vs. Nelson

Posted: August 28, 2017, 9:04 PM Post
Anderson has given up 4 runs or less in every start but one (17 of 18, 94%).
Nelson has given up 4 runs or less in 23 of 27 (85%).

I'll agree Nelson has the better stuff but there are days he just doesn't have it. Anderson has been consistently above average in pretty much all his starts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 5:31 AM Post
Well sure when you start 50% fewer games you have a lot fewer chances at a bad start. Give each of them 100 starts and I highly doubt Anderson is more consistent. Nelson is also going deeper into games giving him more chances to turn that 3 run game into a 4 run game. Some of those runs were also unearned, runs are a team stat.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:24 AM Post
homer said:
Bring back Dave Bush!

qft. Best game I've ever attended.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 8:46 AM Post
I can't imagine we'll really have much of a choice who would start a wildcard game in reality. If we are a few games ahead in the wildcard, we almost certainly would have won the division. Wildcard would come down to the last game or two of the season and we'd likely start whoever's turn it is. The gap between Nelson and Davies right now isn't much...Davies has had some gems lately. Anderson is a bit further behind due to his time off but hopefully he'll get locked back in down the stretch here.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 9:40 AM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
A little irrelevent talking about wild card implications for a division winner...

The Brewers are 2.5 games back of the Cubs for the division, and 3 games back of the Rockies (5 of the Diamondbacks) for the Wild Card. It's probably just as likely that we catch one of the Wild Card teams as it is that we catch the Cubs.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 9:47 AM Post
monty57 said:
MrTPlush said:
A little irrelevent talking about wild card implications for a division winner...

The Brewers are 2.5 games back of the Cubs for the division, and 3 games back of the Rockies (5 of the Diamondbacks) for the Wild Card. It's probably just as likely that we catch one of the Wild Card teams as it is that we catch the Cubs.

We are winning the division. [wink]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 1:00 PM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
monty57 said:
MrTPlush said:

We are winning the division. [wink]

Gotcha. I like the optimism.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2017, 7:21 PM Post
I definitely still think the WC is our most likely way in. Only gotta catch 1 team out of 2, both with tough schedules instead of 1 our of 1 with an easy one.

Also not totally sold on the legitimacy of either WC team compared to the Cubs

Of course that would set us up with L.A. if we even win our play-in game, but we've played them tough.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2017, 9:55 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I definitely still think the WC is our most likely way in. Only gotta catch 1 team out of 2, both with tough schedules instead of 1 our of 1 with an easy one.

Of course that would set us up with L.A. if we even win our play-in game, but we've played them tough.

3-3 against the Dodgers this season, and held them to 3 or fewer runs in five out of six. I like the team's chances. I think the Dodgers are cocky enough to think the Crew is a pushover... and the Crew could take them, especially if a Suter or Davies is red hot and the offense shows up.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 31, 2017, 9:23 AM Post
clancyphile said:
adambr2 said:

3-3 against the Dodgers this season, and held them to 3 or fewer runs in five out of six. I like the team's chances. I think the Dodgers are cocky enough to think the Crew is a pushover... and the Crew could take them, especially if a Suter or Davies is red hot and the offense shows up.

I have to give you credit, Clancy. [tongue] You could probably find a way to work Brent Suter into a conversation about diced ham.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 31, 2017, 9:27 AM Post
clancyphile said:
adambr2 said:

It is very unlikely that Suter would face a single batter in the post season if we make it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 31, 2017, 10:00 AM Post
Global Moderator
KeithStone53151 said:
clancyphile said:
adambr2 said:

It is very unlikely that Suter would face a single batter in the post season if we make it.

I agree that Suter is far from the most important player to get hot, but with a lineup consisting of LH batters Bellinger, Gonzalez, Seager, Utley, and Granderson, I'd guess that Suter would get some time on the mound if the Brewers faced the Dodgers in the post season.

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2017, 1:25 PM Post
https://twitter.com/msimonespn/status/9 ... 2818951169

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2017, 1:43 PM Post
markedman5 said:
https://twitter.com/msimonespn/status/906227422818951169

I know it isn't related, but on that same guys twitter he has a thing for hard hit ball leaders and Braun is in 2nd. He's having quite the unlucky season, as his K rate isn't THAT bad to offset being 2nd in baseball in hard hit rate.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2017, 2:04 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
markedman5 said:

I know it isn't related, but on that same guys twitter he has a thing for hard hit ball leaders and Braun is in 2nd. He's having quite the unlucky season, as his K rate isn't THAT bad to offset being 2nd in baseball in hard hit rate.

Yep, Braun has been unlucky a bit but part of it as well is that he seems to not get many balls elevated. Not sure if his swing pattern has changed or what but if he could get the ball elevated again, dingers and doubles will happen.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2017, 2:05 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
markedman5 said:

Yea I saw a comment in the bad offense thread saying how awful BRaun has been. Yes, he had that really out of character 10 games or so there in late August with bad ABs and popups. But the 2 weeks before that he's never been hotter and overall he's hit the ball hard all year. That stat totally passes the eye test. I'll post the JSonline article for the 3rd time to hopefully dispel this notion. Granted, this was written right before the weird cold spell with lots of popups from a guy who almost never pops up, so stats would likely be a bit worse now.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/ml ... 570475001/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 09, 2017, 1:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'll go with Anderson (tongue firmly in cheek)

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 12:26 PM Post
https://amp.jsonline.com/amp/652440001

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 2:28 PM Post
With nelson officially out we might need to update the title to anderson vs davies. Right now id be comfortable with either pitching in it though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 3:53 PM Post
We still have 3 starters in Davies, Anderson, and Woodruff that I feel confident in. We need to find a 4th in the next couple weeks if we're going to play beyond that. Hopefully Jungmann can be it.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 80 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply