LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 167 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Nelson out for the year, will miss time in 2018 (post #150)

Offline  Re: Nelson out for the year
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:19 AM Post
Looks like we're 1/1 in bullpen games :-)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:44 AM Post
bill hAll Star said:
Looks like we're 1/1 in bullpen games :-)

Let's not forget about the bullpen day in WAS that ended with Perez pitching haha [smile]

Yea it worked just like you hoped last night. Lots of those middle innings had their drama though and kind of feel like we got lucky. But like your whole point said, it's not like a normal good starter doesn't get into trouble and get out of it sometime too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2017, 3:05 PM Post
https://twitter.com/haudricourt/status/ ... 7124341760

https://twitter.com/haudricourt/status/ ... 1258723328

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2017, 3:17 PM Post
https://twitter.com/brewernation/status ... 1878584320

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2017, 3:42 PM Post
That's better than I had expected. Hopefully they are just as optimistic after surgery.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2017, 3:53 PM Post
hurricanecrush said:
That's better than I had expected. Hopefully they are just as optimistic after surgery.

They said the partial tear (because it was on the basepaths) is not normally where pitchers tear their labrum. I don't think this Nelson will be missing to much of '18 if any at all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2017, 5:07 PM Post
We can hope! A debridement procedure (simple clean out) is a quick easy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2017, 5:32 PM Post
benji said:
We can hope! A debridement procedure (simple clean out) is a quick easy recovery

Easy as in we'll see you sometime in the post season?

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2017, 7:41 AM Post
Not that easy. Takes too long to rebuild arm strength. Its like a knee scope. Typically takes 4-6 weeks to get back on field. Shoulders take longer for a pitcher to come back.

If just a debridement he will be ready opening day though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 20, 2017, 2:21 PM Post
Stearns just said Nelson needed repair to labrum and will miss "a chunk" of 2018.

Ugh.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 20, 2017, 2:32 PM Post
Why can't the Brewers ever have nice things?

I think this locks Anderson into the #1 spot, with Davies at #2, Woodruff at #3 at probably Suter at #4. My bet is Stearns will make a trade for a decent to good starter during the offseason, with several of the aforementioned guys being bumped down. If not, we'll see guys like Wilkerson, Jungman, or maybe even Burnes or Freddy Peralta get shots next year.

If there is a silver lining, if Nelson's rehab goes well, he's going to be one heck of a mid-season addition to the rotation.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 20, 2017, 2:34 PM Post
This is awful, I seriously hope this isn't a career ender for him. Hopefully they actually give Hader a shot on the rotation and he can take advantage, I don't think Suter should be anything more than a long man.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 20, 2017, 2:37 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
If there is a silver lining, if Nelson's rehab goes well, he's going to be one heck of a mid-season addition to the rotation.

I doubt he comes back good as new right away. The best we can hope for is he gets to play enough in 2018 to work out the kinks for 2019.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 20, 2017, 2:40 PM Post
Global Moderator
Thurston Fluff said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I doubt he comes back good as new right away. The best we can hope for is he gets to play enough in 2018 to work out the kinks for 2019.

I think we can hope for better than that. If he gets his velocity back he could be ok by the end of the season.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 20, 2017, 2:57 PM Post
All because there's no DH and he's not athletic and too clumsy to run the bases.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 20, 2017, 3:49 PM Post
homer said:
Thurston Fluff said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I think we can hope for better than that. If he gets his velocity back he could be ok by the end of the season.

It's hard for me to imagine best case scenario with pitchers. I think they need to anticipate and prepare for a rotation without Jimmy Nelson for all of 2018. Obviously if it works out better, great.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 20, 2017, 4:02 PM Post
That's too bad. Big decision for Stearns to either go get another starter or maybe Jungman, Wilkinson, etc. to be in the rotation until he gets back.

No Garza though. I really think his days as a viable starter are done.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 20, 2017, 4:37 PM Post
Garza' like...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 20, 2017, 4:58 PM Post
Like I've said before, when I hear of arm injuries, this is the order I rank them:

Catastrophic <----------------------------> sad but recoverable
rotator cuff, labrum, Torn UCL, UCL sprain, bone spurs

unknown-- Flexor Tendon. It's supposed to be ok, but Sheets sure got derailed by it. I'm hoping we see Jimmy in the majors by August 1st, but I don't expect him to contribute until 2019 (or sadly...ever again)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 20, 2017, 6:05 PM Post
I always assumed he would be out at least a year. Sadly, I still don't think he will ever be the same.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 167 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply