LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 138 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Marlins series moved out of Miami? (Yup, to Miller Park - see reply #40)

Offline  Re: Marlins series moved out of Miami?

Posted: September 11, 2017, 10:43 AM Post
Baltimore might pull in Nats fans to get another look at the Brewers who are a possible playoff opponent. There's a lot of people in that area, so if they drop the ticket prices, there should be a good crowd.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 11:16 AM Post
6 million people in Florida are without power. My friend that lives down there said that they are being advised to not shower or flush toilets if possible because sewer backups are a real threat. And transformers are "popping like fireworks."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 11:24 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
MrTPlush said:
Cause the people of Baltimore are going to flock for the Brewers/Marlins.

The goal is a neutral site, St Louis wouldn't be remotely neutral. Playing at a neutral site means almost by default that turnout won't be great. Unless they get creative and play in a southern state with a nice college stadium that doesn't have pro baseball. Texas and Houston played their neutral site series in tampa...which must have the worst attendance by far in all of baseball even when their team is playing. Based on that, Baltimore would make a ton of sense.

Someone mentioned if played in Miami it would be terrible attendance. My point is it won't be different elsewhere.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 2:35 PM Post
Has anyone seen any update on this or any clarification regarding mlb's neutral site rules?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 2:49 PM Post
One would think a domed stadium to avoid any chance of rainout would be priority. Which is why AZ seems like an option.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 3:00 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
One would think a domed stadium to avoid any chance of rainout would be priority. Which is why AZ seems like an option.

Yes, although looking at the weather forecasts you can play percentages where they look good. For example, in Baltimore there looks like there might be rain Friday but gone by the evening and then clear through the weekend so the likelihood of getting a 3 game series in seems high.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 3:16 PM Post
hawing said:
STL as an option might honor the "letter of the law," but there is no way that would be a truly neutral site. I hope MLB looks at the broader playoff picture and relocates MIL/MIA to a site where the local fans wouldn't have an obvious rooting interest.

I say this as a Brewer fan -- why should it need to be a truly neutral site? These are Marlin home games they're relocating. Not sure why MLB needs to make it a priority that we benefit from 3 less road game atmospheres.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 3:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
I would be at every game if it took place in Baltimore. Less than 30 minutes from my house. Please please please.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 3:26 PM Post
liveforoctober said:
tmwiese55 said:

Yes, although looking at the weather forecasts you can play percentages where they look good. For example, in Baltimore there looks like there might be rain Friday but gone by the evening and then clear through the weekend so the likelihood of getting a 3 game series in seems high.

I was thinking a domed stadium would basically be a requirement but Tampa Bay just played their home games at Citi Field. Maybe no dome stadium was available though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 3:49 PM Post
Am I crazy or was there a dome stadium that had falling panels/debris falling from the roof a few years ago? If Marlins Park's roof is that damaged to the point that could also happen there than the series would be moved for sure.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 3:55 PM Post
The latest from mlb.com
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/253728494 ... d=27118122

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 3:57 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
PinaMadness said:

Marlins Park withstood the wrath of Hurricane Irma on Sunday, sustaining minor roof damage, but the building did not experience any flooding or water damage, the Marlins said in a statement. But whether the Marlins play host to the Brewers on Friday still has not been determined.

The retractable-roof ballpark was examined on Monday, and it could be ready for the weekend, but the bigger issue is whether the city of Miami and the Little Havana section -- where Marlins Park is located -- will be up and running.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 4:18 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
Am I crazy or was there a dome stadium that had falling panels/debris falling from the roof a few years ago? If Marlins Park's roof is that damaged to the point that could also happen there than the series would be moved for sure.

Vikings new stadium had issues similar to what you are mentioning.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 4:29 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
PinaMadness said:

Vikings new stadium had issues similar to what you are mentioning.

Wrigley had chunks of concrete falling on the concourse.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 4:50 PM Post
madbad2000 said:
I would be at every game if it took place in Baltimore. Less than 30 minutes from my house. Please please please.

I'm with you, been checking for updates on this all day! I'm walking distance from the light rail that drops off at Camden Yards, so I'll be there too if this happens!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 6:11 PM Post
Series expected to be played in Miami.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 12:36 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
There was still no decision made on the location of this series as of Wednesday morning. I'm a little surprised it's taking this long.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 12:38 PM Post
From what I've read, the Brewers seem convinced they'll be going to Miami...but the Marlins haven't confirmed one way or the other. I personally don't think they'll be going. The stadium can be in fine shape, but do they have the manpower available to make the game happen? Are the hotels open and available for players? Does the stadium even have power? So many questions, I can't believe it hasn't been confirmed either way at this point...that's kinda bad.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 12:43 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
KeithStone53151 said:
From what I've read, the Brewers seem convinced they'll be going to Miami...but the Marlins haven't confirmed one way or the other. I personally don't think they'll be going. The stadium can be in fine shape, but do they have the manpower available to make the game happen? Are the hotels open and available for players? Does the stadium even have power? So many questions, I can't believe it hasn't been confirmed either way at this point...that's kinda bad.

Right. I'm sure every traveling secretary has horror stories, but you'd think this might be among them.

I agree that although the stadium itself may be ready to host, the odds that the rest of the "game day infrastructure" is ready to roll seem...poor.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 2:17 PM Post
Tom‏Verified account @Haudricourt 8m8 minutes ago
More
Tom Retweeted Jeff Erickson
Marlins make it official. Games this weekend to be played in Milwaukee not Miami. I was wondering how they were going to pull it off.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 138 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply