LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 138 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Marlins series moved out of Miami? (Yup, to Miller Park - see reply #40)

Offline  Re: Marlins series moved out of Miami?

Posted: September 13, 2017, 2:19 PM Post
Sounds like it will be moved to Miller Park

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Marlins series moved out of Miami?

Posted: September 13, 2017, 2:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
A statement from Marlins President David Samson reads as follows:

“Major League Baseball in conjunction with the Miami Marlins, agreed that it is in the best interest of our community to relocate this weekend’s Marlins games against the Milwaukee Brewers to Milwaukee. Marlins Park stood ready to host the games, but we all agreed that burdening public service resources was not the proper course of action. Following Hurricane Irma, the Miami Marlins realize that all of our employees, as well as our entire community, have other needs that must take priority at this time. The Miami Marlins look forward to returning home on Monday to play the New York Mets.”

http://fox6now.com/2017/09/13/marlins-g ... lins-park/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 2:33 PM Post
Assuming we will be the away team for this series?

Quote   Reply 

Wow. I'm assuming Brewers will play as away team in their own park? That will be weird.

Quote   Reply 

Wow, didn't see that coming. I can imagine the Cubs fans crying about this one, and rightfully so.

Quote   Reply 

shanedog19 said:
Assuming we will be the away team for this series?

Jinx.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 2:39 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Wow, didn't see that coming. I can imagine the Cubs fans crying about this one, and rightfully so.

Kleenex will make a fortune selling tissues in Illinois today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 2:39 PM Post
Just clicked the link to look for ticket info. Yea, I don't think they'll have trouble selling everything out at those prices.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 2:42 PM Post
I wonder how they will do tickets with such short notice? I assume cost would be reduced. Wonder if full season ticket holders will get their seats "on the house"
* Nevermind - read the link too:

Tickets will be placed on sale at 10:00 a.m., Thursday, September 14th. There will be three price levels: $20 for Field Diamond Box, $15 for Field Infield Box, and $10 for all other seating areas. Tickets will be available through Brewers.com/Marlins, the Brewers Box Office or by calling 414-902-4000.

Last edited by Bombers on September 13, 2017, 2:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 2:43 PM Post
Bombers said:
I wonder how they will do tickets with such short notice? I assume cost would be reduced. Wonder if full season ticket holders will get their seats "on the house"

It's in the above link. Very cheap and limited numbers due to not having enough staff.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 3:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
tmwiese55 said:

After the rain out with no rain and the switch to the night game they can pretty much suck it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 3:20 PM Post
I wonder if the Brewers be in the visitor's clubhouse for this series.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 3:22 PM Post
reillymcshane said:
A statement from Marlins President David Samson reads as follows:

“Major League Baseball in conjunction with the Miami Marlins, agreed that it is in the best interest of our community to relocate this weekend’s Marlins games against the Milwaukee Brewers to Milwaukee. Marlins Park stood ready to host the games, but we all agreed that burdening public service resources was not the proper course of action. Following Hurricane Irma, the Miami Marlins realize that all of our employees, as well as our entire community, have other needs that must take priority at this time. The Miami Marlins look forward to returning home on Monday to play the New York Mets.”

http://fox6now.com/2017/09/13/marlins-g ... lins-park/

great move! I hope that the ticket revenue goes to Hurricane Irma relief, or to the Marlins to donate to Irma programs.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 3:29 PM Post
homer said:
tmwiese55 said:

After the rain out with no rain and the switch to the night game they can pretty much suck it.

Yea for sure. From their perspective though, "brewers whine and complained about a rainout and moving a game back a few hours, now they're getting 3 extra home games..."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 3:32 PM Post
Nice that Packers have a night game Sunday too. Should mean more tickets sold for Sunday's game.

Don't forget Davies has been much better on the road though.

Last edited by JohnBriggs12 on September 13, 2017, 3:34 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 3:32 PM Post
Very surprised the game was moved to Miami but completely understand the reasoning to relocate the series.

Torts made a great call above: all ticket revenues should go to Hurricane Irma relief or related programs...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 3:35 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:

I call it karma.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 3:37 PM Post
Chance the Marlins sweep the series now? 90%? 95%?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 3:42 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
tmwiese55 said:

I call it karma.

Haha, you nailed.

And so did Jericcho. This all but assures they lose 2/3 this weekend the way this unpredictable season has gone

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 3:42 PM Post
Global Moderator
tmwiese55 said:
homer said:
tmwiese55 said:

Yea for sure. From their perspective though, "brewers whine and complained about a rainout and moving a game back a few hours, now they're getting 3 extra home games..."

Oh they'll say that for sure....big difference is that this is the league making the decision and not the team.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 138 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply