Offline  2018 Schedule

Posted: September 12, 2017, 10:17 AM Post
Per McCalvy
Opening Day is 3/29 in San Diego
Home Opener is 4/2 vs Cardinals

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 Schedule

Posted: September 12, 2017, 10:24 AM Post
Brewers/ NL Central will match up with the AL Central for inter-league games. Granted the Crew already plays the Twins (finally starting to contend again), but it also means ChiSox (rebuilding), Detroit (rebuilding), KC Royals (likely entering a rebuild), & Cleveland (WS/AL champ contender).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 10:48 AM Post
A year that opening day would work out to be on a Thurs/Fri instead of a Monday and we're on the road and still get a Monday opening day, like normal since we're almost always at home to start. 2012 Friday opener was the best setup you can ask, game started at 3 so you don't have to get going super early. Game gets over after rush hour and it's over early on a Friday night so anyone can get home at a reasonable hour and don't have to rush out. Plus it's a Friday so no work the next day. Just our luck though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 12:17 PM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
RIP The Thursday afternoon day game. What was once a tradition (to take off Thursday/Friday) will be no more as Wednesday getaway days take over. It's just not as easy to take off and in the middle of the week.

Very disappointed.

Last edited by JackNicholson1974 on September 12, 2017, 2:15 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 12:26 PM Post
Sweet for me. San Diego is my second home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 1:02 PM Post
April 24th-June 10th is the weirdest schedule I've ever seen.

9 game road trip
5 game home stand
10 game road trip
10 game home stand
8 game road trip

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 2:14 PM Post
Full schedule here.

https://www.mlb.com/brewers/schedule/2018-03

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 3:15 PM Post
Closing out at Home playing Detroit. That's old.

I know someone has to do the American League and National League series to close out the season but it's still odd to see on the schedule.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 3:17 PM Post
Tribe gets a 4 games set with Crew. 2 games in May in Milwaukee. 2 games in June in Cleveland. Tues/ Weds for each set..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 3:22 PM Post
645 said:
Closing out at Home playing Detroit. That's old.

I know someone has to do the American League and National League series to close out the season but it's still odd to see on the schedule.

It is the lone inter-league match-up that final weekend

It might be a competitive advantage if the Crew is still competing for a spot. Cubs play the Cards & Pirates play the Reds that final weekend...
Unless something drastically changes the Tigers might be on pace to lose 115 next season...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 3:51 PM Post
Brewers at home for Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day, I can't ever remember that happening.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 4:46 PM Post
At least we're not opening against the Rockies. I feel like we play them every year to start the season...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 5:28 PM Post
Global Moderator
And another year without the Brewers travelling to Baltimore. *sigh* I get a 3 game set in Washington, if I want to go there again. *double sigh*

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 5:59 PM Post
madbad2000 said:
And another year without the Brewers travelling to Baltimore. *sigh* I get a 3 game set in Washington, if I want to go there again. *double sigh*

Interleague rotates by division, so the NL Central will face the AL East next in 2020. Pretty crazy that the Orioles came to Milwaukee again this year, the Brewers were last there in 2003, not sure how they determine home/away.

I'm a little disappointed the series in Kansas City isn't before or after a series in St. Louis, I was considering making a road trip out there and knocking out both stadiums at once.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 6:24 PM Post
They finally play at Minnesota on a weekend. Been years since that happened; everything recently has been during the week. I've wanted to go see them there, but it's always been during the week.

Lots of weekday games at the Cubs, which should make tickets easier and cheaper to come by.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2017, 11:38 PM Post
Heck yeah, I can finally see the Brewers in SD. Normally it's a week night during the school year

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 10:00 AM Post
Vgmastr said:

Interleague rotates by division, so the NL Central will face the AL East next in 2020.

I just hope Mike Trout and the Angels come to Miller Park in 2019. If so I'm going to as many of those as I can.

My kid is disappointed that Cleveland is playing a Tues/Wed in May, he's a high school Baseball player so won't be able to go and would love to see the Indians. Oh well... I kidded with him "don't worry we'll go see the Reds for the 20th time in your life later that summer." He didn't think that was so funny.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 10:07 AM Post
3and2Fastball said:
Vgmastr said:

Interleague rotates by division, so the NL Central will face the AL East next in 2020.

I just hope Mike Trout and the Angels come to Miller Park in 2019. If so I'm going to as many of those as I can.

My kid is disappointed that Cleveland is playing a Tues/Wed in May, he's a high school Baseball player so won't be able to go and would love to see the Indians. Oh well... I kidded with him "don't worry we'll go see the Reds for the 20th time in your life later that summer." He didn't think that was so funny.

I'm a baseball coach. If a father came up to me and said I want to take my son to a pro baseball game so that he can see Mike Trout live. I would tell them thank you for doing so and I'll set up some individual practice time with him to work on some skills we did during the practice he missed. Can't replace those memories and what he will learn from going to see something like that.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 10:10 AM Post
I too have seen them play the Reds a couple trillion times by no intentional reason. Johnny Cueto almost ALWAYS pitched too. Then my friend took me to a double header White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals...ANNNNND Johnny Cueto for I think the 3rd time that year for me...think it was my 4th or 5th game total.

Amazing we won't play against the Rockies to open things or play a divisional foe to end things.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2017, 11:01 AM Post
Brew4U said:
3and2Fastball said:
Vgmastr said:

I'm a baseball coach. If a father came up to me and said I want to take my son to a pro baseball game so that he can see Mike Trout live. I would tell them thank you for doing so and I'll set up some individual practice time with him to work on some skills we did during the practice he missed. Can't replace those memories and what he will learn from going to see something like that.

I wish there were more coaches with that attitude. The two head coaches I've coached under take it like a personal offense if a kid misses practice to go to a Brewer game.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 31 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply