LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 129 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018 Lineup (batting order)

Offline  Re: 2018 Lineup (batting order)

Posted: February 18, 2018, 3:23 PM Post
If Santana doesn't move, I think it would make sense to try and split up him and Shaw. Both are very productive but both k a lot. If we add a walker, it gets easy to bat him or Cain between Shaw and Santana... moving Santana to 6th.

Yelich should never bat after 3rd. 1-3 guaranteed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 18, 2018, 3:29 PM Post
BestInTheWorld said:
If we dont sign Walker, Ive been thinking about this lineup lately...

Villar
Cain
Braun
Shaw
Santana
Yelich
Pina
Arcia

So move Yelich down to get a bad hitter in Villar more at bats?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 18, 2018, 3:49 PM Post
It could depend on what Villar shows up this year.

Good Villar:
Villar
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Cain
Santana

Otherwise:
Cain
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Santana

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 18, 2018, 5:35 PM Post
Cain
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Thames/Santana
Pina
Arcia
P
Villar

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 18, 2018, 7:10 PM Post
No reason for Villar to be at the top right now
Cain
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Santana

Seems almost guaranteed. If the team signs Walker he could be in there as well but it could still go Walker, Pina, Arcia. I really want Walker. Washington has the best NL OPS last year at .782. This Brewers lineup would have 6 out of 8 regulars who were above that and four bench bats in Thames, Vogt, Phillips and Aguilar who were above that. The two regulars who would be below are Pina and Arcia (750 and 730 respectively). Sogard was just below as well. This a very balanced lineup. Only Santana really strikes out a lot. I have seen Shaw mentioned as someone who strikes out a lot but he had a lot of at bats. His strike out rate wasnt much different than Kris Bryant (granted Bryant is an elite hitter where Shaw is just really good).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 18, 2018, 9:27 PM Post
Brew4U said:

Good Villar:
Villar
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Cain
Santana

Otherwise:
Cain
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Santana

There will be no point at which I'd trust villar to be good villar or even stay good villar in the 2018 season. He can fight his way up to 6th. If he bats in the top 5 there better be a rest day or an injury.

Last edited by TJseven7 on February 18, 2018, 9:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 18, 2018, 9:45 PM Post
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Cain
Thames
Arcia
Pina
Pitcher
Villar

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 18, 2018, 10:02 PM Post
TJseven7 said:
Brew4U said:

Good Villar:
Villar
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Cain
Santana

Otherwise:
Cain
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Santana

There will be no point at which I'd trust villar to be good villar or even stay good villar in the 2018 season. He can fight his way up to 6th. If he bats in the top 5 there better be a rest day or an injury.

Silly statement. If and it’s a huge IF, Villar plays at 2016 level where he’s getting on base 37% of the time it would be silly to not use that table setting presence on top of your lineup. Speed puts pressure on the D and creates runs which he was one of the best at that in 2016. Chances are that 2016 was a fluke but if not, it’s a game changer for this lineup.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 18, 2018, 10:31 PM Post
And he can prove it at 6th... 1 month 2 months 3 months it could appear and vanish at any time.

Cain is proven. Broxton and villar are proven to be streaky. If villar gets hot he can drive in runs at 6th and effect the D to get pina arcia rbis.

Last edited by TJseven7 on February 18, 2018, 10:37 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 18, 2018, 10:37 PM Post
TJseven7 said:
And he can prove it at 6th... 1 month 2 months 3 months it could appear and vanish at any time.

Cain is proven. Broxton and villar are proven to be streaky.

This thread ain’t titled opening day lineup there buddy. It’s why if the 2016 Villar shows up, it makes a lot of sense to get him on top.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 18, 2018, 10:43 PM Post
And I'm saying at no point would I put him near the top of the lineup unless you count 9th near the top. I don't care if 2016 shows up for a week or a month or longer... he's made it so that expectations should be, it won't last. You don't pull a proven batter out of the leadoff spot to try a streaky dude there again. Bat him 9th. Bat him 6th. If the AS shows back up he can be valuable there too. Im not taking a professional hitters abs away to give him more. My biggest wish for the offseason is that we'd never kill our offense with junk at 1-2 again. Cain Yelich done.. villar arcia couldn't do enough to make me flinch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 19, 2018, 5:44 AM Post
I will say it seems like the 9 hole is almost perfect for Villar to start the year.cam act as a second leadoff guy without the pressure of the top of the order

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 19, 2018, 7:03 AM Post
Cain adds speed with his OB hitting. Easy 1. Stated this earlier in thread. Yelich notoriously has a low launch angle but hits it hard as a Lefty. Hit and Run/use that to advantage with man on 1b larger open field to hit to.

There's no reason to bat Santana 6 if he remains on the team and put Villar #1. I really believe by the numbers and ages Santana should bat 3rd, Shaw 4th, Braun 5th followed by whomever at that point Walker would fit well there, Pina seems nice to put there with Vogt Platoon. 2b then Arcia. You basically have a full split R/L for 8 bats depending on Platoon.

But that's with Santana remaining on team. Remove him and Braun stays at 3. 1b platoon to 5.

I'd think the days you meddle with Villar atop the order are Braun days off then w/o Santana Cain 2, Yelich 3, Shaw, Aguilar, Phillips etc.

just a few more days til ST games, we'll see shortly!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 20, 2018, 2:37 PM Post
Cain
Arcia
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Santana
Villar
Pina

Anyone against this lineup - I want to move Arcia up in the lineup

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 20, 2018, 2:43 PM Post
mlloyd10 said:
Cain
Arcia
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Santana
Villar
Pina

Anyone against this lineup - I want to move Arcia up in the lineup

Yes, Arcia hasn't shown to be one of the top 5 hitters on this team. Could he get there, absolutely. But no way is he better than Yelich or Braun as 2nd, or better then Shaw or Santana as 3, 4, or 5.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 20, 2018, 2:50 PM Post
If we dont sign Walker to play 2b, then I can see moving Arcia up to the 6 hole.

Cain
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Santana
Arcia
Pina
Villar

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 20, 2018, 2:51 PM Post
BestInTheWorld said:
If we dont sign Walker to play 2b, then I can see moving Arcia up to the 6 hole.

Cain
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Santana
Arcia
Pina
Villar

This is what I'd go with too, maybe flipping Villar and Arcia depending on who's hot.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 20, 2018, 3:10 PM Post
I'm a big Villar backer as I believe the 2016 player is somewhere in there but if not, and Arica doesn't take the next step, and Pina regresses, our bottom half.... whoof. (as it stands now)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 20, 2018, 3:45 PM Post
Villar .373 babip in 2016?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 20, 2018, 4:53 PM Post
brooks_quichenick said:
BestInTheWorld said:

Cain
Yelich
Braun
Shaw
Santana
Arcia
Pina
Villar

This is what I'd go with too, maybe flipping Villar and Arcia depending on who's hot.

This looks right to me too. To START the season. Anything can change, and act accordingly. When Thames starts, put him in 5 spot, take Braun out, and bump up Shaw and Santana a spot.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 129 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply