LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next  [ 454 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random news and notes for MLB 2018

Offline  Re: Random news and notes for MLB 2018
Posted: September 21, 2018, 7:46 AM Post
Let's trade Rodgers for Manziel Mayfield.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2018, 9:32 AM Post
Deadspin article on Addison Russell domestic issues with his ex wife. Could prove relevant to the playoffs. Really I don't think they'd lose much other than depth/flex as their best lineups are likely having Baez at SS.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2018, 10:22 AM Post
Global Moderator
https://deadspin.com/blog-linked-from-a ... 1829217179

Heres the article. He sounds like a swell guy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2018, 11:02 AM Post
This should cause some chaos in the locker room, so there is that...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2018, 12:41 PM Post
He's been put on paid admin until the league looks into this.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2018, 1:24 PM Post
ewitkows said:
He's been put on paid admin until the league looks into this.

Admin leave? I'm assuming this was meant to be in blue.

Edit: Nevermind, I should have googled it. I see Ken Rosenthal tweeted that. I never heard the term of admin leave used when a player is benched by MLB for issues off the field. Is he going to be doing paperwork in the front office until they sort this out?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2018, 2:02 PM Post
Didn't the league take awhile to look into the Blue Jays closer? I wonder if he could be not available during the playoffs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2018, 2:04 PM Post
Eye Black said:
I believe the connection is that they workout at the same gym (along with Clay Matthews), but I got a kick out of Baker Mayfield sporting an autographed “YELI” jersey as he walked from the bus to the locker room for Thursday night football.

Edit: After the game in which he made his first career appearance and led the Browns to a comeback win, Baker Mayfield finished his post-game press conference with a “Christian Yelich for NL MVP” mic drop, Twitter Link.

And then Mayfield comes out in relief of Tyrod Talor to play in his first NFL game and leads the Browns to their first victory in two years. Coincidence?

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2018, 2:34 PM Post
ewitkows said:
Didn't the league take awhile to look into the Blue Jays closer? I wonder if he could be not available during the playoffs.

They said it will be 7 days for Russell. I'm sure it will be longer if they find anything credible though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2018, 8:54 AM Post
Global Moderator
Below is an excerpt from Paul Sullivan’s Chicago Tribune article, The evolution of the domestic abuse investigation of Addison Russell.

Does anyone else have a recollection of this story with Matt Garza? I can’t remember hearing about this previously.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2018, 1:56 PM Post
Crazy stat

The Rays and the Indians have nearly exactly the same record, the Rays one game better, but the Rays are 18.5 games back in their division and the Indians are 14 games ahead in theirs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2018, 2:04 PM Post
danzig6767 said:
Crazy stat

The Rays and the Indians have nearly exactly the same record, the Rays one game better, but the Rays are 18.5 games back in their division and the Indians are 14 games ahead in theirs.

Even crazier, the Rays would have the 3rd best record in the NL, leading two of the three divisions. However, they're going to (most likely) miss the playoffs in the AL, probably by 5 or more games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 24, 2018, 6:45 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
danzig6767 said:
Crazy stat

Even crazier, the Rays would have the 3rd best record in the NL, leading two of the three divisions. However, they're going to (most likely) miss the playoffs in the AL, probably by 5 or more games.

wishing we were in the AL central lol...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2018, 8:27 AM Post
Global Moderator
https://deadspin.com/sloppy-wrigley-ble ... 1829295719

Cubs arent doing well on deadspin lately.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2018, 8:57 AM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:
https://deadspin.com/sloppy-wrigley-bleacher-fight-features-one-heroic-peace-1829295719

What are they doing? Don't they know there's no fighting in the bleachers??

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2018, 9:12 AM Post
wallus said:
RoCoBrewfan said:
https://deadspin.com/sloppy-wrigley-bleacher-fight-features-one-heroic-peace-1829295719

What are they doing? Don't they know there's no fighting in the bleachers??

It would be so, so awesome to see that fanbase implode concurrently with the actual team's implosion on the field. The only offense they could muster last night was a Cole Hamels (!!!) solo homer. I know we complain about the Brewers' offense being streaky, but the Cubs might actually be worse.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2018, 9:21 AM Post
True championship contending teams don't lose to the Pirates, they're the Pirates !!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2018, 10:24 AM Post
Christian Yelich sticks out a bit during this launch angle movement, the "flyball revolution" and all that in that he hits a ton of grounders and is still the frontrunner for MVP. But the real anti-TTO (Three True Outcomes, i.e BB/K/HR) poster child is Willians Astudillo. The most he has ever struck out in his professional career was a 4.8% rate in rookie ball in 2009, and 4.6% in AAA this year. In 2011, in 220 PAs, he had a 0.9% strikeout rate. He's carried this into the majors, with a 1.2% BB rate and 2.4% strikeout rate. He hasn't struck out in almost 60 PAs in september. And while the sample size is ridiculously small still at only 80-odd PAs, he's doing really well: .350/.366/.513. That he really doesn't look like a baseball player either makes it all even better. Big fan of this guy already, and looking forward to following his career.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 11:02 AM Post
Global Moderator
Random Question: Could an upcoming free agent be placed on waivers this weekend and then acquired Sunday night after the regular season is technically over, but eligible to play in a Game 163 on Monday for their new team? Obviously I realize they wouldn’t be eligible for the post-season. The odds of this actually happening are probably zero and if it was an impact player I am sure it would be universally hated by other organizations, but it would make for an interesting storyline.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 1:06 PM Post
Global Moderator
The White Sox are are the verge of setting the new MLB record for most strikeouts (offensively) in a single season, pushing aside the 2017 Brewers...

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next  [ 454 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply