LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

#FreeNateOrf purchased from AAA; Franklin to 60-day DL and Wilkerson optioned (2018 Thread)

Offline  Re: Nate Orf called up from AAA

Posted: July 02, 2018, 10:57 AM Post
bill hAll Star said:
rickh150 said:
Great to see a guy getting promoted for a special season at AAA...... questionable why he didn't get the call in early May when he was raking ridiculously.

The same reason that Ivan DeJesus was basically never called up last year.

OK, I promise to everyone else on the thread that I will not perpetuate this one.

If a player plays good ball, the player deserves a shot at a promotion eventually. Orf is getting a shot..... maybe a short and uneventful one, but one nonetheless.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Nate Orf called up from AAA

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:11 AM Post
who?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Nate Orf called up from AAA

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:14 AM Post
YelichPosse said:
tmwiese55 said:
Anyone fearing Yelich to the DL?

Originally my thought. But they need an OF'er , don't they? With everyone hurt.. we cant lean on Thames and Perez in the OF can we?

of the 74 games this season Orf has only 8 in the OF. i'd rather lean on Thames and Perez than Orf in the OF.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:17 AM Post
Start him at 2B and lead him off.... right into the fire

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:23 AM Post
Have the Brewers announced a corresponding move or moves? I feel like we could see more than one move today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:23 AM Post
NievesNoNO said:
Start him at 2B and lead him off.... right into the fire

Given the expectations, he needs to be batting at the bottom of the order if he starts, and that's OK. If we're giving him extra ABs over Yelich (if healthy), Cain (if healthy), Thames, Shaw, Aguilar, Braun, etc. we're doing it wrong.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:26 AM Post
Congrats to Nate! Make the most of it young man, you're living the dream!
You do realize the grittiness of this team just increased tenfold!! [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:27 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Why? So he can stand out in RF, play marginal defense and not hit for any power while showing horrendous plate discipline? Perez can do that.

Santana has done absolutely nothing to deserve being called back up. I wonder if Cain comes off the DL this week if they consider giving either him 0r Broxton some time in RF?

Well he is only 200 plate appearances removed from a 126wRC+ and 30 home runs. That may still have some predictive value....

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:33 AM Post
But not Nottingham. Makes perfect sense.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:46 AM Post
Brew4U said:

Nottingham is K-ing 5x more than walking. Projection systems have him basically matching Pina’s production. He is not ready and he isn’t a clear upgrade, but he is different, so there is that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:49 AM Post
I'm glad he is finally getting his shot. I hope he does well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:53 AM Post
ZBTMP said:
Brew4U said:

Nottingham is K-ing 5x more than walking. Projection systems have him basically matching Pina’s production. He is not ready and he isn’t a clear upgrade, but he is different, so there is that.

Whether or not Nottingham is ready, I can assure you that you may as well throw any projections on Nottingham straight in the garbage. All those projections are generally worthless for young players.

Nottingham is probably very close to a callup. At the same time, if we were talking with the Marlins about a Realmuto trade in which Nottingham is involved...we wouldn't want to send him up to MLB to potentially struggle and potentially hurt his value.

Going to be an interesting month...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:55 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
rickh150 said:
My guess is that Santana is back up for Yelich (DL).

Why? So he can stand out in RF, play marginal defense and not hit for any power while showing horrendous plate discipline? Perez can do that.

He must have really worked on his defense if it's become marginal! [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:56 AM Post
folly412 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
rickh150 said:
My guess is that Santana is back up for Yelich (DL).

I originally had "bad", but figured I'd be kind. I'll say he has looked better on defense this year compared to last year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 11:57 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
ZBTMP said:
Brew4U said:

Whether or not Nottingham is ready, I can assure you that you may as well throw any projections on Nottingham straight in the garbage. All those projections are generally worthless for young players.

Nottingham is probably very close to a callup. At the same time, if we were talking with the Marlins about a Realmuto trade in which Nottingham is involved...we wouldn't want to send him up to MLB to potentially struggle and potentially hurt his value.

Going to be an interesting month...

Projections can be pretty spot on for guys coming up when you look at things like K/BB%, actually. The problem is Colorado Springs (and PCL).

A guy that was hitting somewhere in the mid .200s most of his way through the minors and striking out 30% of the time in the higher levels is now a .308 hitter with a .410 BABIP at Colorado Springs all while still striking out a lot against AAA pitching...that means you can probably throw out the batting average numbers of Colorado Springs. He still is striking out a ton.

And I think that's all fine for Nottingham. As a catcher, a low/mid .200 average with decent OBP for that and a good amount of power is totally fine. But I'll agree with the sentiment that he's not a huge upgrade from Pina (yet) with that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 12:40 PM Post
Super happy he’s finally getting his chance, also saw that former Brewer Michael Reed was called up by Atlanta today, he’s having a huge year in the minors and I always wished success for him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 12:44 PM Post
I know that no corresponding move has been made yet but what is the holdup with putting Nick Franklin on the 60 day DL? He was injured May 8th so even if he started a minor league rehab assignment today he will hit 60 days.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 12:47 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
folly412 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I originally had "bad", but figured I'd be kind. I'll say he has looked better on defense this year compared to last year.

Below average, but Santana has looked twice as good in the OF this year compared to last year. More confidence going forward on balls whether on the fly or hit on ground.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 1:20 PM Post
Franklin to the 60 day DL definitely makes the most sense. We'll need Sogard as a back-up SS until Saldino returns. I hope 2B in AAA opening up means Hiura will be getting a promotion as well. Either gets him one step closer to the majors or gives him the opportunity to rack up some huge numbers hitting in Colorado and increase his trade value.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 1:53 PM Post
Outlander said:
I know that no corresponding move has been made yet but what is the holdup with putting Nick Franklin on the 60 day DL? He was injured May 8th so even if he started a minor league rehab assignment today he will hit 60 days.

I assume they may feel they can DFA before 60 days would be up (hence save money). I assume if you are healthy enough to rehab assignment, you are healthy enough to get DFA'd, right?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply