LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

#FreeNateOrf purchased from AAA; Franklin to 60-day DL and Wilkerson optioned (2018 Thread)

Offline  Re: Nate Orf called up from AAA

Posted: July 02, 2018, 2:27 PM Post
Nick Franklin officially moved to the 60 day DL to make room for Orf

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 2:32 PM Post
statman0007 said:

Still gotta make a 25-man move

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 2:33 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
statman0007 said:

Wilkerson went back down.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 2:35 PM Post
I can't wait until there's a week of transactions (or lack thereof) that doesn't make me feel like it's Spring Training.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 2:36 PM Post
statman0007 said:

Franklin has got to think he hit the jackpot.... collecting an MLB paycheck for doing absolutely nothing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 2:37 PM Post
bill hAll Star said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
statman0007 said:

Wilkerson went back down.

Zagurski must have bought doughnuts for the clubhouse this morning.

Edit: Orf gets the start, hitting 6th tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Nate Orf called up from AAA

Posted: July 02, 2018, 3:26 PM Post
wildcat2237 said:
statman0007 said:

Franklin has got to think he hit the jackpot.... collecting an MLB paycheck for doing absolutely nothing.

#itstillhurts

He was a first round pick in 2009 so he shouldn't be poor. He has 2.147 years of service time according to B-R.com; figuring a minimum salary of $500K and a signing bonus of ~$1M when he was drafted, he's made about $2M playing pro ball, or an average of a little over $200K/year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 3:36 PM Post
LouisEly said:
wildcat2237 said:
statman0007 said:

#itstillhurts

He was a first round pick in 2009 so he shouldn't be poor. He has 2.147 years of service time according to B-R.com; figuring a minimum salary of $500K and a signing bonus of ~$1M when he was drafted, he's made about $2M playing pro ball, or an average of a little over $200K/year.

Which is all really sad, because he stinks.

Cant wait to see him and Sogard get DFA'd. Zigurski and his career 7.00+ ERA can go too....

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: #FreeNateOrf purchased from AAA; Franklin to 60-day DL and Wilkerson optioned

Posted: July 02, 2018, 3:53 PM Post
Great to see Orf get his chance. After tailing off for a month or so, he's been raking again the last 10 days or so with 2 HR just yesterday. Brewers need offense. Even though they split, the Reds, a last place team, had much the more fearsome lineup especially without Cain and Yelich. I personally don't think he'll be in over his head, even though he's only 5'8". He was undrafted out of Baylor. That he's made it this far speaks volumes.

Last edited by JohnBriggs12 on July 02, 2018, 3:58 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: #FreeNateOrf purchased from AAA; Franklin to 60-day DL and Wilkerson optioned

Posted: July 02, 2018, 3:54 PM Post
Per TomH
Nate Orf said was offered $1,000 to sign as undrafted free agent. He said, "I will sign for Snickers bar." Next thing he knew, offer dropped to $500.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 4:00 PM Post
I saw Orf play in Arizona this spring. He certainly looked like he belonged. Love the guys that overcome the odds. He might want to thank Aguilar for drilling that point home.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 5:16 PM Post
I'm not expecting miracles from Orf, but what I do like is the .388 (.393 if including winter league) OBP that he has. Who knows how it'll translate to the majors, but it's 100+ points better than Perez/Arcia have been this year. In case of Perez, it's even 100 points above his career numbers. And in case anyone was wondering, Perez had a .308 OBP in the minors.

Plus, I love underdogs. Undrafted free agents making it to the majors is great to see.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 9:45 PM Post
Lathund said:
I'm not expecting miracles from Orf, but what I do like is the .388 (.393 if including winter league) OBP that he has. Who knows how it'll translate to the majors, but it's 100+ points better than Perez/Arcia have been this year. In case of Perez, it's even 100 points above his career numbers. And in case anyone was wondering, Perez had a .308 OBP in the minors.

Plus, I love underdogs. Undrafted free agents making it to the majors is great to see.

Great vision on the base paths too. 20/21 on stolen base attempts this year in Colorado Springs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2018, 6:14 PM Post
That Wilkerson experiment lasted about.... never mind!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 04, 2018, 11:40 PM Post
Global Moderator
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Here's the origin of #FreeNateOrf

https://jsonl.in/2KOmhgu

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 04, 2018, 11:59 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
homer said:

So apparently I was the origin of the #FreeNateOrf hashtag. Thanks to JR for a)figuring this out and b)talking to me about it, and about Nate.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 05, 2018, 7:15 AM Post
And That said:
homer said:

So apparently I was the origin of the #FreeNateOrf hashtag. Thanks to JR for a)figuring this out and b)talking to me about it, and about Nate.

What are you going to do with all that internet money they gave you for the interview?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: #FreeNateOrf purchased from AAA; Franklin to 60-day DL and Wilkerson optioned

Posted: July 05, 2018, 7:26 AM Post
And That said:
homer said:

That was the first Twitter hashtag use. But who was the first person here to say, "Free Nate Orf"? I tried the Search function, but only goes back a little over a year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 05, 2018, 7:38 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
wallus said:
What are you going to do with all that internet money they gave you for the interview?

Invest in more hashtags.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 05, 2018, 10:39 AM Post
And That said:
wallus said:

Invest in more hashtags.

Well played sir. Well played.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply