LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 39 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 MLB Schedule Released

Online  Re: 2019 MLB Schedule Released

Posted: August 23, 2018, 7:38 AM Post
Bikeage77 said:
Anyone else somewhat baffled that Opening Day is on a Thursday? I know MLB doesn't really care about how the fans reaction to that is because people will show up to most stadiums either way, but it'd be great to have a three day weekend, and not take a day off mid week.

Yah I think they like making it an afternoon weekday game. People show up anyway.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 MLB Schedule Released

Posted: August 23, 2018, 8:49 AM Post
Best opening day I remember was 2012 because it was on a Friday, I think at 3 PM too instead of 1. Too bad they made this a 4 gamer to start instead of 3 or they could have repeated that one.

I went back and looked and I was surprised to see we haven't played STL opening day since that 2012 game. According to the list I found we've lost 4 straight and 7 of the last 9. That definitely jives with my memory. So not really excited that it's STL and almost a guaranteed loss.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 23, 2018, 9:09 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Best opening day I remember was 2012 because it was on a Friday, I think at 3 PM too instead of 1. Too bad they made this a 4 gamer to start instead of 3 or they could have repeated that one.

I went back and looked and I was surprised to see we haven't played STL opening day since that 2012 game. According to the list I found we've lost 4 straight and 7 of the last 9. That definitely jives with my memory. So not really excited that it's STL and almost a guaranteed loss.

Probably most losses vs the Rockies. Seems like every opener I go to we play and lose to the Rockies. Probably not accurate but it’s how I feel after Trevor Story hits at least a homer a game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 23, 2018, 9:16 AM Post
Yup Rockies 3 of last 6 and 2 of 4. We did win once though.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/opening ... .php?t=ML4

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 23, 2018, 1:16 PM Post
Minnesota opens at home on March 28. That doesn’t seem like a good idea.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 23, 2018, 2:30 PM Post
Bikeage77 said:
Anyone else somewhat baffled that Opening Day is on a Thursday? I know MLB doesn't really care about how the fans reaction to that is because people will show up to most stadiums either way, but it'd be great to have a three day weekend, and not take a day off mid week.

I would assume it's because everyone will only play 2 out of the next 3 days to allow for that off day in case of weather.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 23, 2018, 5:00 PM Post
NYChez said:

Certainly not knowing anything about other uses for Target Field or anything else Minnesota related, but one would think they would slightly skew the first week or two towards away games. The Red Sox for example start off the year on a 11 game road trip.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 23, 2018, 5:32 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
stalton said:
NYChez said:

Certainly not knowing anything about other uses for Target Field or anything else Minnesota related, but one would think they would slightly skew the first week or two towards away games. The Red Sox for example start off the year on a 11 game road trip.

Other teams get upset if MLB gives them too many home games in April. If the cold weather + open air stadium teams are going to get away games in April, then the Brewers will be stuck with a bunch of poorly-attended home games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 23, 2018, 6:11 PM Post
owbc said:
stalton said:
NYChez said:

Other teams get upset if MLB gives them too many home games in April. If the cold weather + open air stadium teams are going to get away games in April, then the Brewers will be stuck with a bunch of poorly-attended home games.

Fair enough. It's another thread but I'm still surprised Minne never got a roof for Target Field

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 23, 2018, 6:32 PM Post
rickh150 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Re-sellers dream to open the season. Opening series with STL and a weekend series with CHC.

We know. Give it a rest already. Nobody cares.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 25, 2018, 10:27 PM Post
NYChez said:

At least the schedule makers have the Twins hosting a divisional opponent (Cleveland) in those March games. It makes it easier for make up games.

After the set at Target field, Cleveland goes home to host the Chiox for 2 (over 3 days) before opening a 4 game set with Toronto... Cleveland travels to Toronto in July. [ohwell]

BTW - Cleveland plays 2 of its inter-league series in September. Last home weekend (3rd week of Sept) vs Philly. Final weekend of the season on the road at Washington. Thank god for expanded rosters. More hitters on the bench available to replace pitcher when the time comes.

One real crazy aspect of the Tribe schedule - they play on the road at KC on July 4th (a night game). They then have an OFF DAY on Friday 7/5 as they travel to play a 2 game set (Saturday & Sunday) at Cinci. That leafds right into the All-Star break that is in Cleveland in 2019. I get being on the road leading up to the Break (other activities (like the Futures game on Sunday 7/7) & getting place ready for Al vs NL), that part makes sense. Having a scheduled off day on the Friday/ day after July 4 holiday - that has me shaking my head...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 26, 2018, 6:36 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Re-sellers dream to open the season. Opening series with STL and a weekend series with CHC.

It would be better for resellers for those games to be later in the year, when the Brewers are out if first place, the Cubs likely have the division within their grasp, and the Cardinals come out of nowhere to make one of the wild card games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 29, 2018, 10:09 PM Post
Does anyone know the reason why the schedule was released in August instead of Sept., like usual? Probably want extra time in Sept. to prep for all those playoff games, right?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2018, 7:26 AM Post
rickh150 said:
Does anyone know the reason why the schedule was released in August instead of Sept., like usual? Probably want extra time in Sept. to prep for all those playoff games, right?

So people starting thinking about the 2019 MLB season and ignore that start of the NFL.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 8:17 AM Post
46 of the Brewers’ first 49 games are against teams projected to have winning records by Caesar’s.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 8:28 AM Post
Global Moderator
NYChez said:
46 of the Brewers’ first 49 games are against teams projected to have winning records by Caesar’s.

Yeah, the start of the season is going to be a bloodbath.

The breakdown of games per opponent over that stretch to start the season (opponents from start of the season through May 26th):

vs. Cardinals (10 games)
vs. Reds (5 games)
vs. Cubs (6 games)
vs. Angels (3 games)
vs. Dodgers (7 games)
vs. Mets (6 games)
vs. Rockies (4 games)
vs. Nationals (3 games)
vs. Phillies (7 games)
vs. Braves (3 games)

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 MLB Schedule Released

Posted: January 10, 2019, 8:29 AM Post
Eye Black said:
NYChez said:

Yeah, the start of the season is going to be a bloodbath.

The breakdown of games per opponent over that stretch to start the season (opponents from start of the season through May 26th):

vs. Cardinals (10 games)
vs. Reds (5 games)
vs. Cubs (6 games)
vs. Angels (3 games)
vs. Dodgers (7 games)
vs. Mets (6 games)
vs. Rockies (4 games)
vs. Nationals (3 games)
vs. Phillies (7 games)
vs. Braves (3 games)

The good thing is if you get through that stretch of games above .500 or even at .500, it should play well for your chances during the rest of the season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 8:32 AM Post
Looking at who the Brewers play going into the All Star break gives me nightmares.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 8:42 AM Post
Charting win probabilities by game, an 87-win season could likely involve being 22-26, a .463 winning percentage, after the May 19 game.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 39 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply