LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  [ 292 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Schoop news (Latest- Non-Tendered)

Online  Re: Schoop news (Latest- Non-Tendered)
Posted: December 01, 2018, 1:19 PM Post
Brew4U said:
True Blue Brew Crew said:
I think its the topic being discussed that's the problem, not which side anyone is on. It's like a soap opera in here.

Check in with your scout and get back to us on this one.

Well played, [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Schoop news (Latest- Non-Tendered)
Posted: December 01, 2018, 1:35 PM Post
Brew4U said:
True Blue Brew Crew said:
I think its the topic being discussed that's the problem, not which side anyone is on. It's like a soap opera in here.

Check in with your scout and get back to us on this one.

+INFINITY [wink]

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Schoop news (Latest- Non-Tendered)
Posted: December 01, 2018, 3:39 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
NievesNoNO said:
Sorry, I don't see the comments by Stearns as disrespectful. I think that's digging into it a bit much. He also said this:

“There’s a level of production that’s going to make a salary like that justifiable and ultimately we determined our resources were likely going to be better spent elsewhere. We understand there is a real possibility that Jonathan Schoop could bounce back and be closer to the player he was in 2017. He’s a really talented player. That’s why we traded for him."

JSOnline

You could put together a pretty interesting team with some of the names non-tendered. Schoop will have a job before too long. He's all but guaranteed to hit .280 with 30 bombs now [smile]

... for the Cardinals, of course.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2018, 4:01 PM Post
So where does Schoop fall on the list of all time hated Brewers?

1. Sheffield
2. Yuni
3. Schoop?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2018, 5:10 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

1. Sheffield
2. Yuni
3. Schoop?

Sheffield is #1 for me and after that I don't really care. Yuni was just bad at baseball, but I don't hate him for it.

Unless Schoop decides to drag his former team and/or city through the mud on his way out, I see no reason to hate him any more than I don't hate Jeff Suppan.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2018, 6:52 PM Post
adambr2 said:
jerichoholicninja said:

1. Sheffield
2. Yuni
3. Schoop?

Sheffield is #1 for me and after that I don't really care. Yuni was just bad at baseball, but I don't hate him for it.

Unless Schoop decides to drag his former team and/or city through the mud on his way out, I see no reason to hate him any more than I don't hate Jeff Suppan.

I agree....I have a real problem with these types of lists usually. Anyone who's played sports(at ANY level) has been bad at times. And in baseball when you sign for a lot or are in a playoff race, the biggest enemy is too much effort.

I don't hate Yuni, I don't hate Suppan, I don't hate Wolf....I like Weeks. I do hate Gantner, but that's for a personal reason. And a young, immature Sheff definitely deserves the ire of Brewers fans. But unless you insult the team or the team gives up a lot of money or assets for you and you just don't run our balls like Machado(which realistically could have cost the Dodgers a lot more in that playoff series) I just want you off the team. No animosity behind it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2018, 7:11 PM Post
Hate for Schoop? Why?

He didn't play enough to get comfortable here imo.

Jumping leagues in the playoff hunt had to be extremely difficult, couple that with sporadic playing time and I think he deserves a mulligan on his time here.

In all honesty, I was hoping to bring him back and see what he did after settling in...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2018, 9:40 PM Post

GIF Master
He hit the grand slam. I opposite of hate him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2018, 9:43 PM Post
dlk9s said:
He hit the grand slam. I opposite of hate him.

Then why don't you opposite of divorce him?

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2018, 10:04 PM Post
Global Moderator
I never developed much animosity towards Sheffield. IIRC, the Brewers organization also carried some culpability for the dissolution of their relationship.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2018, 11:27 PM Post
No one on this board has been more critical of Schoop and the deal than me, but I don't hate Schoop and don't know why anyone would. It was an ill-advised deal and he played poorly. Now, thankfully, he's gone. That's that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 02, 2018, 8:38 AM Post
Yuni isn't even really hated, he is basically loved by the internet and his various memes now. It will be hard for anybody on this 2018 team to be hated as it was such a fun season, it would have been nice if he did better but oh well. Plus he will always have that grand slam off Bumgarner.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  [ 292 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply