LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018 World Series

Author Message
Offline  2018 World Series
#1

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:14 PM Post
Posts: 2281
Location: Milwaukee, WI
I never watched Machado until the NLCS as I just never watched games of his team (orioles or dodgers) so maybe this is common place but I find it funny Boston fans have continued the boo’ing of Machado.

Anyhow, go Sox


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#2

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:18 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 17879
Bombers said:
I never watched Machado until the NLCS as I just never watched games of his team (orioles or dodgers) so maybe this is common place but I find it funny Boston fans have continued the boo’ing of Machado.

Anyhow, go Sox


He spiked Pedroia on a slide into 2nd last year. They have a reason to boo him too.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#3

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:30 PM Post
Posts: 2281
Location: Milwaukee, WI
trwi7 said:
Bombers said:
I never watched Machado until the NLCS as I just never watched games of his team (orioles or dodgers) so maybe this is common place but I find it funny Boston fans have continued the boo’ing of Machado.

Anyhow, go Sox


He spiked Pedroia on a slide into 2nd last year. They have a reason to boo him too.

That makes sense and why am I not surprised.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#4

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:34 PM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 5619
I wasn't sure if I was even going to care, but it turns out I'm still hungry for more baseball and I want the Red Sox to sweep.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#5

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 17879
Image

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#6

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:52 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10625
This game just makes me more sad. It is pretty clear the Dodgers pitching is not all that amazing, the Brewers just were hot garbage hitting that series.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#7

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:53 PM Post
Posts: 3715
There is a ton of history between Manny and Boston...in fact there's a ton of history between Manny and alot of teams - it's why when Yelich was quoted during the NLCS that his play on Jesus was "a dirty play by a dirty player" that there wasn't anybody defending Machado aside from Manny himself.

I said it earlier - the Dodgers will be ecstatic to get Seager back at SS next year and be rid of the Machado circus.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#8

Posted: October 24, 2018, 6:11 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1311
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
Fear The Chorizo said:
There is a ton of history between Manny and Boston...in fact there's a ton of history between Manny and alot of teams - it's why when Yelich was quoted during the NLCS that his play on Jesus was "a dirty play by a dirty player" that there wasn't anybody defending Machado aside from Manny himself.

I said it earlier - the Dodgers will be ecstatic to get Seager back at SS next year and be rid of the Machado circus.


I hope that clown gets out of the NL and goes to NY. Let the Yankees have the creep. I don't have a lot of issues with the rest of the Dodgers players but I don't want that dirtball to get a ring.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#9

Posted: October 24, 2018, 7:09 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8689
trwi7 said:
Image


I'm not going to defend this creep in any way, but that slide does not look dirty at all. In fact, he looks like he pulled back when his foot contacted Pedroia.

Still can't stand him though. Punk.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#10

Posted: October 24, 2018, 7:17 AM Post
Posts: 1768
turborickey said:

I'm not going to defend this creep in any way, but that slide does not look dirty at all. In fact, he looks like he pulled back when his foot contacted Pedroia.

Still can't stand him though. Punk.


Maybe I am missing something - it sure looks to me he spiked him on purpose and easily could have moved his leg to miss him. I like how he grabbed him in the groin region to hold him up. Want the video to go another second to see if he gets a shot in while he is at it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#11

Posted: October 24, 2018, 7:33 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8689
Roderick said:
turborickey said:

I'm not going to defend this creep in any way, but that slide does not look dirty at all. In fact, he looks like he pulled back when his foot contacted Pedroia.

Still can't stand him though. Punk.


Maybe I am missing something - it sure looks to me he spiked him on purpose and easily could have moved his leg to miss him. I like how he grabbed him in the groin region to hold him up. Want the video to go another second to see if he gets a shot in while he is at it.


Still don't see this as dirty. His leg/foot popped up from base contact and went into Pedroia. It didn't look like it was on purpose in that video, not to me anyway. It might look a lot different in real time. Like I said, I'm not sticking up for this POS, I hate the guy as much as the rest of you.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#12

Posted: October 24, 2018, 9:39 AM Post
Posts: 9679
That was not intentional...at all.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#13

Posted: October 24, 2018, 2:24 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2365
Ennder said:
This game just makes me more sad. It is pretty clear the Dodgers pitching is not all that amazing, the Brewers just were hot garbage hitting that series.


This Red Sox team is being floated as the greatest team ever. If they are not that, they are one of them. That roster has no flaws. The Astros were being discussed as a dynasty after Game 2 of the ALCS, and they never won again.

I've already decided the silver lining is that the Brewers may now make it in a different year when the matchup is more even.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#14

Posted: October 24, 2018, 2:58 PM Post
Posts: 3482
Location: New Berlin, WI
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Ennder said:
This game just makes me more sad. It is pretty clear the Dodgers pitching is not all that amazing, the Brewers just were hot garbage hitting that series.


This Red Sox team is being floated as the greatest team ever. If they are not that, they are one of them. That roster has no flaws. The Astros were being discussed as a dynasty after Game 2 of the ALCS, and they never won again.

I've already decided the silver lining is that the Brewers may now make it in a different year when the matchup is more even.


The lineup is crazy stacked, but I'm not as sold on their pitching. It's good, but not quite good enough to be considered a best ever in my opinion. I still think the Red Sox win the Series handily, and that lineup is seriously elite.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#15

Posted: October 24, 2018, 5:30 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1368
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Ennder said:
This game just makes me more sad. It is pretty clear the Dodgers pitching is not all that amazing, the Brewers just were hot garbage hitting that series.


This Red Sox team is being floated as the greatest team ever. If they are not that, they are one of them. That roster has no flaws. The Astros were being discussed as a dynasty after Game 2 of the ALCS, and they never won again.

I've already decided the silver lining is that the Brewers may now make it in a different year when the matchup is more even.



And somehow, Steve Pearce is their #3 hitter.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018 World Series
#16

Posted: October 24, 2018, 9:19 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 4506
I just want a sweep so the off-season can start as soon as possible. For whatever reason I really enjoy baseball hot stove season.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#17

Posted: October 25, 2018, 6:00 AM Post
Posts: 1052
turborickey said:
Roderick said:
turborickey said:

I'm not going to defend this creep in any way, but that slide does not look dirty at all. In fact, he looks like he pulled back when his foot contacted Pedroia.

Still can't stand him though. Punk.


Maybe I am missing something - it sure looks to me he spiked him on purpose and easily could have moved his leg to miss him. I like how he grabbed him in the groin region to hold him up. Want the video to go another second to see if he gets a shot in while he is at it.


Still don't see this as dirty. His leg/foot popped up from base contact and went into Pedroia. It didn't look like it was on purpose in that video, not to me anyway. It might look a lot different in real time. Like I said, I'm not sticking up for this POS, I hate the guy as much as the rest of you.


It was horribly late (and intentionally so). He may not have tried to spike him, but that was the result of a dirty slide. He’s a turd.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#18

Posted: October 25, 2018, 6:01 AM Post
Posts: 1052
turborickey said:
Roderick said:
turborickey said:

I'm not going to defend this creep in any way, but that slide does not look dirty at all. In fact, he looks like he pulled back when his foot contacted Pedroia.

Still can't stand him though. Punk.


Maybe I am missing something - it sure looks to me he spiked him on purpose and easily could have moved his leg to miss him. I like how he grabbed him in the groin region to hold him up. Want the video to go another second to see if he gets a shot in while he is at it.


Still don't see this as dirty. His leg/foot popped up from base contact and went into Pedroia. It didn't look like it was on purpose in that video, not to me anyway. It might look a lot different in real time. Like I said, I'm not sticking up for this POS, I hate the guy as much as the rest of you.


It was horribly late (and intentionally so). He may not have tried to spike him, but that was the result of a dirty slide. He’s a turd.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#19

Posted: October 25, 2018, 7:31 AM Post
Posts: 9679
Well the Dodgers are pretty well toast at this point, so that is cool.

Can't wait for the offseason. I think that is what makes this forum great, all the rumors and collective thoughts on what we could do.

Can't say the IGTs and armchair managing brings a whole lot to the table. [laughing]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series
#20

Posted: October 25, 2018, 7:41 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2365
I wouldn't "toast" them just yet but yeah it is getting there. I think Boston has probably taken their best shot. The lineup is just too good, your only hope is hit the starters early and hand it over to an elite pen. Their SP isn't by any stretch bad, but I think if there is a hole that is it. If you could combine the Dodgers lineup with our pen I think it would be a better series.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 502 to Right, BrewCrewForever, brewmann04, homer, wallus, yfinn6 and 20 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test