LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018 World Series

Offline  2018 World Series

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:14 PM Post
I never watched Machado until the NLCS as I just never watched games of his team (orioles or dodgers) so maybe this is common place but I find it funny Boston fans have continued the boo’ing of Machado.

Anyhow, go Sox

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018 World Series

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:18 PM Post
Bombers said:
I never watched Machado until the NLCS as I just never watched games of his team (orioles or dodgers) so maybe this is common place but I find it funny Boston fans have continued the boo’ing of Machado.

Anyhow, go Sox

He spiked Pedroia on a slide into 2nd last year. They have a reason to boo him too.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:30 PM Post
trwi7 said:
Bombers said:

Anyhow, go Sox

He spiked Pedroia on a slide into 2nd last year. They have a reason to boo him too.

That makes sense and why am I not surprised.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:34 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
I wasn't sure if I was even going to care, but it turns out I'm still hungry for more baseball and I want the Red Sox to sweep.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:37 PM Post

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:52 PM Post
This game just makes me more sad. It is pretty clear the Dodgers pitching is not all that amazing, the Brewers just were hot garbage hitting that series.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 23, 2018, 9:53 PM Post
There is a ton of history between Manny and Boston...in fact there's a ton of history between Manny and alot of teams - it's why when Yelich was quoted during the NLCS that his play on Jesus was "a dirty play by a dirty player" that there wasn't anybody defending Machado aside from Manny himself.

I said it earlier - the Dodgers will be ecstatic to get Seager back at SS next year and be rid of the Machado circus.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2018, 6:11 AM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
There is a ton of history between Manny and Boston...in fact there's a ton of history between Manny and alot of teams - it's why when Yelich was quoted during the NLCS that his play on Jesus was "a dirty play by a dirty player" that there wasn't anybody defending Machado aside from Manny himself.

I said it earlier - the Dodgers will be ecstatic to get Seager back at SS next year and be rid of the Machado circus.

I hope that clown gets out of the NL and goes to NY. Let the Yankees have the creep. I don't have a lot of issues with the rest of the Dodgers players but I don't want that dirtball to get a ring.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2018, 7:09 AM Post
trwi7 said:

I'm not going to defend this creep in any way, but that slide does not look dirty at all. In fact, he looks like he pulled back when his foot contacted Pedroia.

Still can't stand him though. Punk.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2018, 7:17 AM Post
turborickey said:

I'm not going to defend this creep in any way, but that slide does not look dirty at all. In fact, he looks like he pulled back when his foot contacted Pedroia.

Maybe I am missing something - it sure looks to me he spiked him on purpose and easily could have moved his leg to miss him. I like how he grabbed him in the groin region to hold him up. Want the video to go another second to see if he gets a shot in while he is at it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2018, 7:33 AM Post
Roderick said:
turborickey said:

Maybe I am missing something - it sure looks to me he spiked him on purpose and easily could have moved his leg to miss him. I like how he grabbed him in the groin region to hold him up. Want the video to go another second to see if he gets a shot in while he is at it.

Still don't see this as dirty. His leg/foot popped up from base contact and went into Pedroia. It didn't look like it was on purpose in that video, not to me anyway. It might look a lot different in real time. Like I said, I'm not sticking up for this POS, I hate the guy as much as the rest of you.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2018, 9:39 AM Post
That was not intentional...at all.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2018, 2:24 PM Post
Ennder said:
This game just makes me more sad. It is pretty clear the Dodgers pitching is not all that amazing, the Brewers just were hot garbage hitting that series.

This Red Sox team is being floated as the greatest team ever. If they are not that, they are one of them. That roster has no flaws. The Astros were being discussed as a dynasty after Game 2 of the ALCS, and they never won again.

I've already decided the silver lining is that the Brewers may now make it in a different year when the matchup is more even.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2018, 2:58 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Ennder said:

This Red Sox team is being floated as the greatest team ever. If they are not that, they are one of them. That roster has no flaws. The Astros were being discussed as a dynasty after Game 2 of the ALCS, and they never won again.

I've already decided the silver lining is that the Brewers may now make it in a different year when the matchup is more even.

The lineup is crazy stacked, but I'm not as sold on their pitching. It's good, but not quite good enough to be considered a best ever in my opinion. I still think the Red Sox win the Series handily, and that lineup is seriously elite.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2018, 5:30 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Ennder said:

And somehow, Steve Pearce is their #3 hitter.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018 World Series

Posted: October 24, 2018, 9:19 PM Post
Global Moderator
I just want a sweep so the off-season can start as soon as possible. For whatever reason I really enjoy baseball hot stove season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2018, 6:00 AM Post
turborickey said:
Roderick said:
turborickey said:

Still don't see this as dirty. His leg/foot popped up from base contact and went into Pedroia. It didn't look like it was on purpose in that video, not to me anyway. It might look a lot different in real time. Like I said, I'm not sticking up for this POS, I hate the guy as much as the rest of you.

It was horribly late (and intentionally so). He may not have tried to spike him, but that was the result of a dirty slide. He’s a turd.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2018, 6:01 AM Post
turborickey said:
Roderick said:
turborickey said:

It was horribly late (and intentionally so). He may not have tried to spike him, but that was the result of a dirty slide. He’s a turd.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2018, 7:31 AM Post
Well the Dodgers are pretty well toast at this point, so that is cool.

Can't wait for the offseason. I think that is what makes this forum great, all the rumors and collective thoughts on what we could do.

Can't say the IGTs and armchair managing brings a whole lot to the table. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2018, 7:41 AM Post
I wouldn't "toast" them just yet but yeah it is getting there. I think Boston has probably taken their best shot. The lineup is just too good, your only hope is hit the starters early and hand it over to an elite pen. Their SP isn't by any stretch bad, but I think if there is a hole that is it. If you could combine the Dodgers lineup with our pen I think it would be a better series.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply