LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 82 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Darnell Coles resigns, Lee Tunnell and Dan Wright dismissed (per Haudricourt)

Offline  Re: Darnell Coles resigns, Lee Tunnell and Dan Wright dismissed (per Haudricourt)

Posted: October 27, 2018, 3:35 PM Post
I don't have an issue with Coles time for a change there be curious who the new guy will be think it will come from outside. As for Lee i am suprised and i agree sure DJ will have a big say.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Darnell Coles resigns, Lee Tunnell and Dan Wright dismissed (per Haudricourt)

Posted: October 28, 2018, 5:17 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
sveumrules said:
If we can somehow add one or two more high OBP/contact guys this offseason it will have a much greater (or at the very least, a much easier to measure) impact than whomsoever we hire as hitting coach.

This exactly. It's a team full of flawed and bad hitters. We have absolutely no clue what Coles does behind the scenes, but unless he's telling the guys to take pitches over the plate and then flail at anything the pitcher throws with 2 strikes I'd give Coles 5-10% of the blame for the hitters sucking.

A team full of flawed, bad hitters. Reeeeeally? Don't we have 2 hitters in the top 5 of the mvp voting? Who exactly are these bad, flawed hitters on the roster on this team that made the nlcs?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2018, 7:56 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
sveumrules said:
If we can somehow add one or two more high OBP/contact guys this offseason it will have a much greater (or at the very least, a much easier to measure) impact than whomsoever we hire as hitting coach.

This exactly. It's a team full of flawed and bad hitters. We have absolutely no clue what Coles does behind the scenes, but unless he's telling the guys to take pitches over the plate and then flail at anything the pitcher throws with 2 strikes I'd give Coles 5-10% of the blame for the hitters sucking.

A team full of flawed, bad hitters. Reeeeeally? Don't we have 2 hitters in the top 5 of the mvp voting? Who exactly are these bad, flawed hitters on the roster on this team that made the nlcs?

Everyone other than Cain and Yelich.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2018, 8:01 AM Post
Travis Shaw is a bad, flawed hitter? Aguilar is a bad, flawed hitter?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Darnell Coles resigns, Lee Tunnell and Dan Wright dismissed (per Haudricourt)

Posted: October 29, 2018, 8:06 AM Post
adambr2 said:

Shaw is OK. He should never, ever face LHP's. Aguillar clearly has holes that MLB pitchers found in the 2nd half. He'll need to adjust back.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2018, 8:48 AM Post
adambr2 said:

This was my point. Those 2 guys he listed will finish in the top 5 of mvp voting this year with yelich winning it. Id bet shaw and aguilar would finish somewhere in the top 25. You can argue we were weak at 1-2 spots in the lineup, but if your expectation is 8 guys that all finish in the top 10 or 15 of mvp voting.... you'll be consistently disappointed. Even the juggernaut that is Boston had some roster holes.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2018, 10:46 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
sveumrules said:

The offense has been feats-or-famine all too often.

I don't think the hitters themselves are flawed, but there is a limited capability for some things, like moving runners over or getting a run in. Our best hitter had a cold stretch in the NLCS. Others struggled as well.

Even then, it's not a bad idea to try to improve those fundamentals. Some of these are skills that can be learned.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2018, 11:17 AM Post
brewmann04 said:
I heard Rock inquired about the hitting coach job.

I think you're referencing the infamous "Brewer World" twitter account.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 30, 2018, 10:34 AM Post
Robert Murray

Verified account

@ByRobertMurray
Following Following @ByRobertMurray
More
#DBacks have identified Darnell Coles as the leading candidate to be their next hitting coach, sources tell The Athletic. Deal is not yet finalized.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 30, 2018, 12:02 PM Post
Tim Dillard Bullpen coach? Ya think?
The post on previous page on OPS+ at the positions is telling. Worse at every position but Cain/Yelich. Continued terrible clutch basics unless you were Yelich.
Great point on Counsell working with Molitor being odd. Maybe Stearns is going latch another Houston Astros product he is familiar with.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 01, 2018, 8:22 AM Post
Coles hired as D-back's hitting coach:

http://arizonasports.com/story/1718331/d-backs-hire-darnell-coles-hitting-coach-vacancy/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 02, 2018, 10:52 AM Post
I have my golf coach on speed dial and I’ve been golfing for 40 years. He is part coach and part therapist when I have one of those days. Just being a superior athlete and tons of muscle memory even with the much discussed 10,000 hours of practice needs guidance regularly.

A pitching and hitting coach is critical to the success of an athlete, yes even at the highest levels.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 02, 2018, 1:13 PM Post
Eric Hinske is now available as old friend Jeremy Reed was named Angels hitting coach today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 02, 2018, 1:21 PM Post
Boomer5 said:
I have my golf coach on speed dial and I’ve been golfing for 40 years. He is part coach and part therapist when I have one of those days. Just being a superior athlete and tons of muscle memory even with the much discussed 10,000 hours of practice needs guidance regularly.

A pitching and hitting coach is critical to the success of an athlete, yes even at the highest levels.

No doubt. It's not easy being a superior athlete, we need constant fine tuning.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Darnell Coles resigns, Lee Tunnell and Dan Wright dismissed (per Haudricourt)

Posted: November 02, 2018, 2:02 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Boomer5 said:

Exactly. That’s why the brewers should be investing in high speed cameras for Miller park and Maryvale as well as a biomechanics expert.

Know what players are doing when they’re going well and be able to identify the issues and correct them when things are going poorly.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 02, 2018, 6:08 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Boomer5 said:

Lol well I’m certainly no superior athlete

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 08, 2018, 5:41 PM Post
Small market money

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 08, 2018, 5:46 PM Post
As much as I like Tim Dillard, he’s never coached and I think if coaching is in his future he would need to prove himself at the minor league level first. That said, I see him more apt to pursue a career in broadcasting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 08, 2018, 8:36 PM Post
BrewFan130 said:
As much as I like Tim Dillard, he’s never coached and I think if coaching is in his future he would need to prove himself at the minor league level first. That said, I see him more apt to pursue a career in broadcasting.

Not quite the same but I'm pretty sure he was the de facto bullpen coach for Colorado Springs last year and probably has been for a few years. Having said that, I think if he had any interest in coaching he would have stopped playing and started coaching by now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 09, 2018, 8:05 AM Post
they are taking their time which I guess is good that their not rushing in.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 82 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply