LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 11 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Miller Park Clubhouse Sale

Offline  Miller Park Clubhouse Sale

Posted: November 20, 2018, 8:58 AM Post
It's next week Thursday. I assume people here have gone. I have not. Is it cool? Worth going, or is it the Kohl's experience where stuff is "marked down" to average or above prices?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Miller Park Clubhouse Sale

Posted: November 20, 2018, 9:50 AM Post
Get there early. Everything is pretty much 80% off, so the good stuff goes fast. I got some really cool shirts for $7 each. We got there an hour into it and slim pickings on my sizes, pretty big crowd.

I asked one of the lady's and she said they restock everything every morning.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 20, 2018, 10:06 AM Post
Is that general public? I noticed full season SSH get first grab, then 20pk etc. get an hour later on Thursday night. Imagine still really crowded, but just curious what your experience was. Sounds like it may be worth the trip in.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 20, 2018, 12:55 PM Post
Sorry, I was in for the full season SSH first day.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 21, 2018, 12:40 PM Post
I just remembered that i'm going to be in Milwaukee for dinner that Saturday, do you think anything interesting will still be around if I show up early Saturday evening? I still proudly wear my game used Gabe Gross jersey I got there a decade ago!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 22, 2018, 10:22 AM Post
I'll guess they will have plenty of playoff stuff at a discount. which may be worth the trip.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 23, 2018, 1:42 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Is that general public? I noticed full season SSH get first grab, then 20pk etc. get an hour later on Thursday night. Imagine still really crowded, but just curious what your experience was. Sounds like it may be worth the trip in.

For what it's worth, the hawing household is eligible to go during the SSH presale on Thursday evening, but we generally opt to take Friday off and make a day of hanging out in Milwaukee. We usually get to Miller Park late morning or around the noon hour, but I've never walked away empty handed. I'm sure there's cool stuff we miss out on, but on the up side there's rarely a long wait when we are there.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 23, 2018, 6:24 PM Post
Personally, I think the clubhouse sale has been getting worse and worse each year. I'm probably not making the drive down. I wouldn't think based on previous years that the playoff gear will be there. Next year, maybe.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 29, 2018, 7:05 PM Post
It's an absolute disaster. I'm here so no point in leaving now but there is an hour wait just to get inside.

Nobody verifying SSH.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 29, 2018, 7:50 PM Post
Disappointing. Didn't bother going to dugout for game used stuff, and they did have nice tees. Some prices $1-5. They had playoff stuff too, but not the one I wanted, the lighter blue playoff hoodie. They did have Defend MKE tees and hoodies and some other hoodie about the pennant. There was NLDS stuff as well and it was priced very reasonably. The one playoff item I grabbed the tag on was 65% off from $35. Didn't get my hoodie though.

You are better off showing up at 8pm unless you want something super limited. I can't imagine Friday or Saturday is as bad as this either.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 02, 2018, 1:23 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
This year's sale was the most underwhelming I can recall. There was markedly less variety than I've ever seen, at midday Friday, which as I mentioned above is our customary arrival time.

If you liked the Pennant Pursuit or Chasing H18tory postseason logos (as opposed to Defend MKE or Our Crew, Our October), you were in luck as shirts and hoodies with those logos pretty much filled the clubhouse. It would help if you wore size M or smaller. The lockers surrounding the clubhouse were nearly empty, save for some Spring Training 2018 shirts and other odds and ends. There was not a player shirsey to be seen, anywhere.

The visitors' dugout, and hallway between the clubhouse and dugout, had the authentics and I would say more interesting merchandise. 2018 postseason banners, some with a player's face and some merely saying Our Crew, Our October. Those large photo signs that used to be displayed for the day's starting lineup by the home plate entrance. A rack of game-used jerseys, mostly for also-ran/barely-were players and former coaches. A table piled with more such jerseys (mostly BP), for even lesser known players. A modest selection of locker nameplates, not really for big names. Some batting helmets and cracked bats, which I didn't peruse.
The most interesting jerseys left over were big ticket - like a Gatorade-stained Aguilar Milwaukee Bears jersey for $1000 (less a 35% discount!).

I heard enough reports (besides OldSchoolSnapper's above) of the crowds and lines and long waits for SSHs so I don't regret waiting for Friday to make the trip. It's still always fun to have a day off and a reason to visit Miller Park, and I enjoyed spending some time in the dugout (though with the roof open it was literally as well as figuratively cool). They hadn't even taken down the NLCS signage in the dugout.

I'm used to seeing super pricey big ticket stuff, and used to seeing weird leftovers. But every other year we've gone there has been "in-between" merchandise that makes the sale worth our while - the $5 shirseys to wear with ironic pride, general fashion merchandise that works for holiday gifts, etc. This year there was not. So although I'm still glad we missed the Thursday night crowdedness, 2018 is the first year I wondered how much better the selection was on Thursday night.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 11 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply