LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 69  Next  [ 1371 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Brewers' pitching staff

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 9:24 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10179
Chacin to the IL. Does this mean Nelson makes his first start on Thursday?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 9:29 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7417
homer said:
Chacin to the IL. Does this mean Nelson makes his first start on Thursday?


Wednesday's start would be up in the air as well. Nelson is slated to pitch on Tuesday, so it makes sense. I think it's likely that we see Jimmy's debut this week.

Of course, Wilkerson is the AAA version of Cy Young this year, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him come up and make a spot start too. Wow is it nice having so much solid starting pitching depth at the team's disposal.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 9:38 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1665
Woody can start Thursday on normal rest and Davies on normal rest on Friday, so its Wednesday and Saturday up in the air. I believe gio is eligible to come off for Saturday's start if hes ready by then.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 9:45 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5924
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
homer said:
Chacin to the IL. Does this mean Nelson makes his first start on Thursday?


Wednesday's start would be up in the air as well. Nelson is slated to pitch on Tuesday, so it makes sense. I think it's likely that we see Jimmy's debut this week.

Of course, Wilkerson is the AAA version of Cy Young this year, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him come up and make a spot start too. Wow is it nice having so much solid starting pitching depth at the team's disposal.

Wednesday is Wilkerson's turn in the rotation, since he last pitched on Friday.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 9:53 AM Post
Posts: 916
Jimmy!

https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/ ... 7362253826


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 11:51 AM Post
Posts: 2166
Ok so our pitching staff. I did this IGT yesterday roughly and this is the exact version.

The problem.
Peralta starting 25.2 IP ERA 7.37
Burnes 32.2 IP ERA 9.92
Barnes 15.2 IP ERA 6.89
Wilson 11.1 IP ERA 9.53

Combined 85.1IP ERA 8.54. That is roughly 9.5 games of 8.54 ERA.

The rest of the staff
452IP ERA 3.70

Wilson is in AAA
Barnes is back due to having 9 lives
Peralta is in the pen where he's pitched 12.1 IP at 2.19 ERA
Burnes......

9.5 games these misplaced guys have allowed 8.54 earned runs per game.
That leaves 49.5 games where the team allows 3.75 earned runs per game

Of the 17 unearned runs.... 7 happened during Peralta Burnes Barnes and Wilson misplaced outings.

When you take Peralta out of the starting rotation
When you demote Barnes Wilson and Burnes
Even after you factor in the unearned runs

Milwaukee is giving up 3.95 runs per game. Earned and Unearned.

Get Gio back, get Chacin back. Welcome back Nelson. Send Barnes back to AAA. Let Burnes hone his craft in AAA. Keep Freddy in the pen.

The numbers are there, the arms are there for this team to allow less than 4 runs per game. 4 people in the wrong roles (or on the MLB roster all together) are ruining the results.

With the offense scoring 5.08 runs per game.
And a pitching staff allowing 3.95 runs per game.
MKE would be +1.13 run diff and that's 95-100 win stuff.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 2:53 PM Post
Posts: 3403
That's a great job of telling us what HAS happened but there is absolutely nothing predictive about that post if for no other reason (and this isn't the only reason) a small sample size. I mean, you're saying Peratla is going to continue this pace based on 12 innings? Is there a potion that makes Peratla a different pitcher out of the pen and if so, why haven't they given it to Burnes? Why do we just get to ignore Peratla's overall performance? You can't just cherry pick the data that supports your narrative (which is definitely the pot calling the kettle black here).

Aside from that, you are making some big assumptions. Do we really think Gonzalez or Chacin aren't capable of equally bad stretches? Is every pitcher you like going to stay health? Of course not. Burnes, Barnes, Wilson and Williams are all part of this teams depth and all them will most likely pitch major league innings for this team again this year. What happens when Woodruff hits his innings limit?

Time will tell whether there is enough pitching. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not seeing it.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 3:13 PM Post
Posts: 2166
You are just crabby because you called the kids aces and they proved they weren't ready to be starters. Peralta doesn't have a starters pitch profile. His stuff plays better out of the pen. Burnes is a totally different story. It is not surprising at all that Peralta has been better out of the pen. He throws the FB nearly 80% of the time.

As for assumptions. 4 guys have tanked this ERA. There are a number of guys who could do better and a number who could do worse. The fact is 4 guys have tanked the teams ERA. The team does this seemingly every year where they work through a couple starters and pen arms until they've shuttled the staff to the right mix. When Gio Chacin and Nelson are up, sending Burnes Barnes and Williams down that mix is set.

But hey, thanks for pissing on a guy for putting this together. Classy stuff. I know number and facts aren't cool because opinions and hypotheticals matter more.


Last edited by TJseven7 on June 02, 2019, 3:30 PM, edited 5 times in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 3:16 PM Post
Posts: 2106
TJseven7 said:
You are just crabby because you called the kids aces and they proved they weren't ready to be starters. Peralta doesn't have a starters pitch profile. His stuff plays better out of the pen. Burnes is a totally different story.


No, that was me, thanks for the reminder. Ha


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 3:17 PM Post
Posts: 2166
Brew crew 92 said:
TJseven7 said:
You are just crabby because you called the kids aces and they proved they weren't ready to be starters. Peralta doesn't have a starters pitch profile. His stuff plays better out of the pen. Burnes is a totally different story.


No, that was me, thanks for the reminder. Ha


Seriously you two need to change your names so they don't run together in my memory.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 3:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1979
TJseven7 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
TJseven7 said:
You are just crabby because you called the kids aces and they proved they weren't ready to be starters. Peralta doesn't have a starters pitch profile. His stuff plays better out of the pen. Burnes is a totally different story.


No, that was me, thanks for the reminder. Ha


Seriously you two need to change your names so they don't run together in my memory.


Agreed. Along with True Blue Brew Crew. I have no idea who has posted what among those 3.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 4:39 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 743
TJseven7 said:
You are just crabby because you called the kids aces and they proved they weren't ready to be starters. Peralta doesn't have a starters pitch profile. His stuff plays better out of the pen. Burnes is a totally different story. It is not surprising at all that Peralta has been better out of the pen. He throws the FB nearly 80% of the time.

As for assumptions. 4 guys have tanked this ERA. There are a number of guys who could do better and a number who could do worse. The fact is 4 guys have tanked the teams ERA. The team does this seemingly every year where they work through a couple starters and pen arms until they've shuttled the staff to the right mix. When Gio Chacin and Nelson are up, sending Burnes Barnes and Williams down that mix is set.

But hey, thanks for pissing on a guy for putting this together. Classy stuff. I know number and facts aren't cool because opinions and hypotheticals matter more.


Weren't you the one who went on a full blown tirade when the Brewers didn't sign Alex Cobb prior to last season?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 4:57 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 743
TJseven7 said:
As for assumptions. 4 guys have tanked this ERA. The fact is 4 guys have tanked the teams ERA.


Which teams' cumulative ERA wouldn't look good if you lopped off their 4 worst performers? Not many.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 5:05 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1005
Somehow the result of the Pittsburgh series is Hader, Guerra, Jeffress, Albers, and Houser getting a 72-hour rest before the Brewers take the field again - plus Williams and Barnes being fresh. Thank you, Davies.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 5:49 PM Post
Posts: 2166
True Blue Brew Crew said:
TJseven7 said:
You are just crabby because you called the kids aces and they proved they weren't ready to be starters. Peralta doesn't have a starters pitch profile. His stuff plays better out of the pen. Burnes is a totally different story. It is not surprising at all that Peralta has been better out of the pen. He throws the FB nearly 80% of the time.

As for assumptions. 4 guys have tanked this ERA. There are a number of guys who could do better and a number who could do worse. The fact is 4 guys have tanked the teams ERA. The team does this seemingly every year where they work through a couple starters and pen arms until they've shuttled the staff to the right mix. When Gio Chacin and Nelson are up, sending Burnes Barnes and Williams down that mix is set.

But hey, thanks for pissing on a guy for putting this together. Classy stuff. I know number and facts aren't cool because opinions and hypotheticals matter more.


Weren't you the one who went on a full blown tirade when the Brewers didn't sign Alex Cobb prior to last season?


Axe to grind, aye? Trolling me all over the forum today huh?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 6:02 PM Post
Posts: 2166
True Blue Brew Crew said:
TJseven7 said:
As for assumptions. 4 guys have tanked this ERA. The fact is 4 guys have tanked the teams ERA.


Which teams' cumulative ERA wouldn't look good if you lopped off their 4 worst performers? Not many.


How many have the options on June 2nd to not need those options? It's specifically the point of Stearns model.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 7:53 PM Post
Posts: 3403
TJseven7 said:
You are just crabby because you called the kids aces and they proved they weren't ready to be starters. Peralta doesn't have a starters pitch profile. His stuff plays better out of the pen. Burnes is a totally different story. It is not surprising at all that Peralta has been better out of the pen. He throws the FB nearly 80% of the time.

As for assumptions. 4 guys have tanked this ERA. There are a number of guys who could do better and a number who could do worse. The fact is 4 guys have tanked the teams ERA. The team does this seemingly every year where they work through a couple starters and pen arms until they've shuttled the staff to the right mix. When Gio Chacin and Nelson are up, sending Burnes Barnes and Williams down that mix is set.

But hey, thanks for pissing on a guy for putting this together. Classy stuff. I know number and facts aren't cool because opinions and hypotheticals matter more.

I'll take you at your word on that first paragraph because everything in there is false. I'd also check the tenor of your posts before calling someone else crabby.

The only premise I've had is that we don't have enough pitching and performance to date, factually, bears that out. You, on the other hand, are cherry picking out stats you don't like, assuming health and performance trends will continue unchecked and are ignoring the fact that those very pitchers are still very much in the teams plans (not to mention on the active roster). But it's me that is dealing in hypotheticals and opinions? The bolded part above is ENTIRELY hypothetical. You have no idea if it will work out that way or not. You don't how Nelson is going to perform. You are assuming that Chacin is going to overcome this series of wretched starts. It's all opinion. Yet you have the nerve to tell me I'm all about hypotheticals and opinions. No sir, that is your game.

Lastly, I literally said you did a great job but I guess anything other than total agreement with your OPINON is.........classy stuff?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 7:55 PM Post
Posts: 3403
TJseven7 said:
True Blue Brew Crew said:
TJseven7 said:
You are just crabby because you called the kids aces and they proved they weren't ready to be starters. Peralta doesn't have a starters pitch profile. His stuff plays better out of the pen. Burnes is a totally different story. It is not surprising at all that Peralta has been better out of the pen. He throws the FB nearly 80% of the time.

As for assumptions. 4 guys have tanked this ERA. There are a number of guys who could do better and a number who could do worse. The fact is 4 guys have tanked the teams ERA. The team does this seemingly every year where they work through a couple starters and pen arms until they've shuttled the staff to the right mix. When Gio Chacin and Nelson are up, sending Burnes Barnes and Williams down that mix is set.

But hey, thanks for pissing on a guy for putting this together. Classy stuff. I know number and facts aren't cool because opinions and hypotheticals matter more.


Weren't you the one who went on a full blown tirade when the Brewers didn't sign Alex Cobb prior to last season?


Axe to grind, aye? Trolling me all over the forum today huh?

You mean like you were doing to me in the IGT the other night. Hello pot.


Last edited by 82brewcrew82 on June 02, 2019, 8:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 7:56 PM Post
Posts: 3403
TJseven7 said:
True Blue Brew Crew said:
TJseven7 said:
As for assumptions. 4 guys have tanked this ERA. The fact is 4 guys have tanked the teams ERA.


Which teams' cumulative ERA wouldn't look good if you lopped off their 4 worst performers? Not many.


How many have the options on June 2nd to not need those options? It's specifically the point of Stearns model.

Could you please specifically define what the "Stearns model" is for me? Also, how does that in any way address the question you were asked........since you only deal in straight up facts and all.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: June 02, 2019, 8:17 PM Post
Posts: 11994
Chacin to the IL? Who didn't see that coming? The curveball was Gio also going to the IL.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 69  Next  [ 1371 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test