LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next  [ 1019 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Brewers' pitching staff

Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers' pitching staff
Posted: May 12, 2019, 5:18 AM Post
After another Saturday marathon, expect Burch Smith to be optioned, with Hart, Barnes, or Chase eligible to take his place.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2019, 2:31 PM Post
NYChez said:
After another Saturday marathon, expect Burch Smith to be optioned, with Hart, Barnes, or Chase eligible to take his place.

It’s Barnes.

https://twitter.com/brewers/status/1127 ... 65376?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 13, 2019, 5:40 AM Post
NYChez said:
NYChez said:

It’s Barnes.

https://twitter.com/brewers/status/1127 ... 65376?s=21

We’ll have arrived this year as a pitching staff when We don’t need Barnes to shuttle as a mop up arm. Same with Williams Smith and maybe Houser.

When Albers is our mop up arm, we’ll have a staff that can beat the dodgers. 2-3 Quality pitchers from that right now, but with Anderson back this week, and Nelson in June, barring injury we should be there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 8:20 AM Post
With Anderson starting sat and Peralta to the pen, Then jimmy to the rotation @ june 1 with Anderson in all likelihood to the pen, barring catastrophic injuries we can say goodbye to Jacob Barnes forever, he’ll probably be Dfa’d. I suppose they could put Peralta in AAA, but they would have houser Wilkerson for depth.

Pitching staff June 1:

Rotation-

1.) Woodruff
2.) Nelson
3.) Chacín
4.) Gio
5.) Davies

Bullpen:

6.) Anderson(2-4 innings)
7.) Peralta(2-4 innings)
8.) Albers > mop up/1-2 innings
9.) Claudio > Loogy+
10.) Guerra > 1-3 innings/close
11.) Burnes > 1-2 innings/close
12.) Jeffress 1-2 innings/close
13.) Hader > 1-3 innings/close

If Nelson strong top 3 rotation in NL
If Anderson Peralta strong we have a superpen

From June on this team should win 66% of their games with good health, a favorable schedule and a strong Nelson.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 8:58 AM Post
Global Moderator
How about a little love for Chris Cook! Seems like he's helped right the ship.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 12:40 PM Post
Anderson has looked looked good in the few starts he has had. Chacin has not impressed me this year, I could see them swapping starts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 1:07 PM Post
ewitkows said:
Anderson has looked looked good in the few starts he has had. Chacin has not impressed me this year, I could see them swapping starts.

Chacin's last three starts have been pretty good. I'm not changing anything with him yet, he may have found his groove.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 2:31 PM Post
Chacin was too good last year to hook him this quickly. Only if he looks bad for several starts would they consider him before others.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 4:05 PM Post
Chacin started slowly last year as well. The pattern is very similar to how he's been this year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 8:29 PM Post
Pitching staff is slowly getting to be pretty darn solid.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 8:33 PM Post
If/When Nelson comes back, we'll have a ton of arms to pick and choose certain roles. Things are lining up pretty well to make a nice run.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 8:56 PM Post
Bullpen now has 4 high leverage arms Counsell loves, Guerra Burnes Jeffress Hader.

With Peralta able to pitch 2-4 innings, Houser needs replaced by Anderson when Nelson is in rotation. CC doesn’t trust Houser like he does Chase, so that would be two arms that could pitch 3+ innings or 50-60 pitches. That would rest the high leverage arms, keeping everyone fresh. That’s the missing link to the superpen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 8:59 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Bullpen now has 4 high leverage arms Counsell loves, Guerra Burnes Jeffress Hader.

With Peralta able to pitch 2-4 innings, Houser needs replaced by Anderson when Nelson is in rotation. CC doesn’t trust Houser like he does Chase, so that would be two arms that could pitch 3+ innings or 50-60 pitches. That would rest the high leverage arms, keeping everyone fresh. That’s the missing link to the superpen.

I don’t think I’d use Barnes and High Leverage in the same sentence...unless if it’s for he should never be in them.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 9:06 PM Post
He said burnes not barnes.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2019, 9:18 PM Post
Shaping up nicely. Gonna add another long arm soon too. Perfect.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 16, 2019, 4:57 AM Post
Brewers are #1 in baseball in innings pitched and second-to-last in quality starts. Things have improved, but the bullpen is still being overused.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 16, 2019, 5:04 AM Post
ThisIsMyCrew said:
Brew crew 92 said:

I don’t think I’d use Barnes and High Leverage in the same sentence...unless if it’s for he should never be in them.

I'm not sure Anderson automatically goes to the pen. He stunk in the pen so far this year, but thrived as a starter. When Nelson comes back, he might be the pen arm. I'm not so sure on Jeffress as a high leverage arm just yet. His lastest outings haven't been very good even though his velocity looks to be back to normal. Burnes seems to have found a home and Guerra is steady.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 16, 2019, 5:32 AM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
ThisIsMyCrew said:
Brew crew 92 said:

I'm not sure Anderson automatically goes to the pen. He stunk in the pen so far this year, but thrived as a starter. When Nelson comes back, he might be the pen arm. I'm not so sure on Jeffress as a high leverage arm just yet. His lastest outings haven't been very good even though his velocity looks to be back to normal. Burnes seems to have found a home and Guerra is steady.

It’s gonna be interesting to see what the crew does when Nelson is ready. I believe 60% chance Anderson to the pen, but we’ll see, I also believe jimmy could dominate out of the pen.

To me, Jeffress looks dominant again, and I believe even more importantly CC believe’s that also.

Agree that Burnes belongs in the pen THIS year.

Guerra more than steady, he’s now one of the best pen arms in baseball. Stuff, demeanor, he can shut down a team for one two or three innings, rare bird.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 16, 2019, 5:45 AM Post
NYChez said:
Brewers are #1 in baseball in innings pitched and second-to-last in quality starts. Things have improved, but the bullpen is still being overused.

Since the 3rd of May we have one of the best pitching staffs in baseball. And getting better. And one of the ways it will improve moving forward is by having starter type arms that can pitch 3+ innings of quality baseball to rest the high leverage arms.

And that is what is happening, with Peralta now in the pen. With another replacing Houser June 1.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 16, 2019, 6:09 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
I also believe jimmy could dominate out of the pen.

Can you please stop saying this. This team has made absolutely no indication that the thought of Nelson going to the pen has even crossed their minds. He's been a starting pitcher his whole career, they are stretching him out as a starter right now, and he's coming off a major+++ injury that likely necessitates a higher level of maintenance and recovery work between outings. That is not a guy you stick out in the pen and demand to get ready quickly for short, spontaneous outings.

I mean, I've been wrong before about this team, but on this one, I feel pretty darn certain. Jimmy Nelson isn't going to be a reliever this year. His options are starting for the MLB team, optioning him and starting him at AAA, or a trip back to the DL if he deemed not ready.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next  [ 1019 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply