LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 162 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Misc MLB News

Offline  Re: 2019 Misc MLB News
Posted: March 05, 2019, 3:02 PM Post
Gray's Slider% the last 5 years
2014 - 10.9
2015 - 16.7
2016 - 11.2
2017 - 14.2 (A's)
2017 - 18.2 (Yankees)
2018 - 15.9

His Slider Runs Above Average/100
2014 - 2.32
2015 - 1.85
2016 - -1.09
2017 - 1.02 (A's)
2017 - 2.29 (Yankees)
2018 - -.2

Looks like it's been a real up and down pitch for him. His percentage thrown with the A's were all over the place and they definitely went up when he went to the Yankees. It also looks like it was rather effective in 2017 but was really bad last year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 05, 2019, 3:06 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
2014 - 10.9
2015 - 16.7
2016 - 11.2
2017 - 14.2 (A's)
2017 - 18.2 (Yankees)
2018 - 15.9

2014 - 2.32
2015 - 1.85
2016 - -1.09
2017 - 1.02 (A's)
2017 - 2.29 (Yankees)
2018 - -.2

Looks like it's been a real up and down pitch for him. His percentage thrown with the A's were all over the place and they definitely went up when he went to the Yankees. It also looks like it was rather effective in 2017 but was really bad last year.

He's been pretty erratic his whole career. I hope for the Brewers' sake he skews bad again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 05, 2019, 3:26 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
2014 - 10.9
2015 - 16.7
2016 - 11.2
2017 - 14.2 (A's)
2017 - 18.2 (Yankees)
2018 - 15.9

2014 - 2.32
2015 - 1.85
2016 - -1.09
2017 - 1.02 (A's)
2017 - 2.29 (Yankees)
2018 - -.2

I never really dug into the numbers like you did. It doesn't seem overly bad last year. I'm honestly a lot more surprised by a team being like "well you have to throw your slider more". Recommending is so much different than telling or forcing a player to do something.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2019, 3:37 PM Post
I find this more interesting than usual because he's a big name prospect, and because of how strongly his teammate(Verlander) calls out cheaters.

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status ... 4946345984

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2019, 8:39 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
I find this more interesting than usual because he's a big name prospect, and because of how strongly his teammate(Verlander) calls out cheaters.

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status ... 4946345984

Makes sense for him to try using something since he's currently rehabbing from TJ and the suspension will actually cost him zero games. As for Verlander, something about rocks and glass houses.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 Misc MLB News
Posted: March 13, 2019, 6:25 AM Post
Although doesn't this mean with the suspension, he doesn't get paid those 80 days?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2019, 12:12 PM Post
stalton said:
Although doesn't this mean with the suspension, he doesn't get paid those 80 days?

No he won't paid for those "games" but getting healthy quicker and perhaps even better will make up for it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2019, 12:37 PM Post
I suppose that is a risk one can take. On the other hand, for a minor leaguer without any major league experience, that doesn't leave him with a whole lot of income. Take a steriod to hopefully heal faster knowing that if suspended won't be affected game wise. Personally I wouldn't take that risk but then again I'm not a few years away from being potentially offered millions of dollars in my career.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2019, 2:46 PM Post

GIF Master
stalton said:
then again I'm not a few years away from being potentially offered millions of dollars in my career.

Aw, don't sell yourself short.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2019, 3:00 PM Post
[laughing]
dlk9s said:
stalton said:
then again I'm not a few years away from being potentially offered millions of dollars in my career.

Aw, don't sell yourself short.

[laughing] [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2019, 9:00 PM Post
Angel Hernandez is a disgrace.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2627 ... erreaction

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 16, 2019, 7:01 AM Post
wallus said:

Hinch seems like a jerk as well.

"We have technology to help you get better and that these pitches are strikes," Hinch said he told Hernandez. "He had kind of an arrogant attitude about it and didn't want to hear it."

Seems like an incredibly stupid thing to say to an umpire. Maybe Hinch should let MLB handle umpire training or complain the them.

That being said, Angel Hernandez is a disgrace.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 16, 2019, 4:24 PM Post
ClosetBrewerFan said:
wallus said:

"We have technology to help you get better and that these pitches are strikes," Hinch said he told Hernandez. "He had kind of an arrogant attitude about it and didn't want to hear it."

Seems like an incredibly stupid thing to say to an umpire. Maybe Hinch should let MLB handle umpire training or complain the them.

If what Hinch said Angel said to him is true, he admitted to making incorrect calls on purpose. He deserves whatever crap players and managers give him. Not just the worst umpire in baseball but probably one of the worst people in baseball as well. The game will be forever better once he's gone.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 17, 2019, 5:00 PM Post
Hinch suspended one game... Hernandez of course nothing...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 18, 2019, 1:54 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
ClosetBrewerFan said:
wallus said:

If what Hinch said Angel said to him is true, he admitted to making incorrect calls on purpose. He deserves whatever crap players and managers give him. Not just the worst umpire in baseball but probably one of the worst people in baseball as well. The game will be forever better once he's gone.

Where did he say that? My eyes are getting bad. I don't see that in the article.

All I see is that Hinch said Hernandez said he made about four bad calls a game. Nothing specific to that game, just a generalized statement from beforehand.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Union head praises Jays for raising minor league pay by half
Posted: March 18, 2019, 1:55 PM Post
https://madison.com/sports/baseball/pro ... e0d01.html

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 18, 2019, 2:38 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
ClosetBrewerFan said:
wallus said:

I don't get the vibe that Angel is admitting to missing calls on purpose. Just that he makes about 4 mistakes per game, my guess is he's basing that off his review after the game. Reality is probably closer to 4 mistakes per inning. I personally can't stand Hernandez though. Worst umpire in the game by a wide margin, plays the race card and sues MLB because he doesn't get picked to ump playoff games, subsequently makes a number of critical mistakes in the playoffs...and despite all this is by far the most arrogant umpire in the game, throwing out managers and players on a whim. He's definitely the type that would make a bad call on purpose to bait a manager that he wants to throw out. It's like he really wants to be a hard-nozed old-school type of ump...but really he's just trash and the game would be so much better off without him.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Union head praises Jays for raising minor league pay by half
Posted: March 18, 2019, 3:05 PM Post
Roderick said:
https://madison.com/sports/baseball/professional/union-head-praises-jays-for-raising-minor-league-pay-by/article_37b770b5-7ff1-5a23-bf73-42fe8e6e0d01.html

Awesome move by the Jays. I think a lot of teams are going to quickly follow suit.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 18, 2019, 6:08 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
I don't get the vibe that Angel is admitting to missing calls on purpose. Just that he makes about 4 mistakes per game, my guess is he's basing that off his review after the game. Reality is probably closer to 4 mistakes per inning. I personally can't stand Hernandez though. Worst umpire in the game by a wide margin, plays the race card and sues MLB because he doesn't get picked to ump playoff games, subsequently makes a number of critical mistakes in the playoffs...and despite all this is by far the most arrogant umpire in the game, throwing out managers and players on a whim. He's definitely the type that would make a bad call on purpose to bait a manager that he wants to throw out. It's like he really wants to be a hard-nozed old-school type of ump...but really he's just trash and the game would be so much better off without him.

I took his comment to mean that he chooses to make 4 bad calls depending on how he feels about the player/manager. Either way he's a trash person.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 20, 2019, 8:37 AM Post
Of course Domingo and Krush both would go deep on the defacto opening day.

Looks like Santana played LF today, was that just because of the Ichiro cameo or are they going to play him in LF?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 162 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply