LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 58 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Misc MLB News

Offline  Re: 2019 Misc MLB News

Posted: January 10, 2019, 7:31 AM Post
Not exactly news, but not really worhty of a new thread either. Just wanted to point out that Joseph Daniel Votto is a special ballplayer.

Joey Votto has 6,563 career plate appearances.

He has never popped out to the catcher, pitcher, or first basemen.

He has 7 popups total since 2010.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 8:29 AM Post
3and2Fastball said:
Would love to see the Brewers swoop in & sign Machado to something crazy, like a 2 year $70 million deal.

I would really hate having to root for this guy though. It would be a moral dilemma.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 10:31 AM Post
Lathund said:
Not exactly news, but not really worhty of a new thread either. Just wanted to point out that Joseph Daniel Votto is a special ballplayer.

That's a pretty cool stat. But I would think there are a lot of players who never popped out to the pitcher in their career as pitchers generally don't catch fly balls. The same is a little bit true with first basemen as unless they don't have to move to catch it, the 2B is probably going to catch a fly ball in that area.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 11:01 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Lathund said:

That's a pretty cool stat. But I would think there are a lot of players who never popped out to the pitcher in their career as pitchers generally don't catch fly balls. The same is a little bit true with first basemen as unless they don't have to move to catch it, the 2B is probably going to catch a fly ball in that area.

I don't think there are a lot of players who pop out, to anyone, no more than once per season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 11:11 AM Post
I thought Moustakas did it several times last year with the Brewers...

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 11:55 AM Post
The last player to lead MLB (among qualified hitters) in lowest infield fly/flyball rate besides Votto Was Yelich in 2015 and 2014.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 2:31 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Lathund said:

1b usually are the ones getting the foul popups on that side, unless they are pretty deep down the line.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 9:54 PM Post
Seeing Wil Middlebrooks retiring...makes me thankful we have legit players now instead of roster fillers we had for decades.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 10:17 PM Post
3and2Fastball said:
Would love to see the Brewers swoop in & sign Machado to something crazy, like a 2 year $70 million deal.

You can leave your Brewer fandom badge at the door, take a long walk, and really think that one over.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 11, 2019, 2:28 AM Post
rickh150 said:
3and2Fastball said:

You can leave your Brewer fandom badge at the door, take a long walk, and really think that one over.

Seems to me that adding great players to the Brewers roster is something that Brewers fans should want so I don’t quite follow your post here.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 11, 2019, 6:48 AM Post
brooks_quichenick said:
rickh150 said:
3and2Fastball said:

Seems to me that adding great players to the Brewers roster is something that Brewers fans should want so I don’t quite follow your post here.

He means Machado is a turd, and he likely joins the majority of Brewer fans in not wanting him on the team. Fortunately, Stearns is a smart GM, and knows Machado would be embraced in Milwaukee about as well as a wet fart.

Last edited by Joey Meyer Bombs on January 11, 2019, 9:45 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 11, 2019, 9:35 AM Post
Machado = Punk.

Could he help us win, yes.

Could I live with myself rooting for him, NO.

I'm with rickh150 and Joey Meyer Bombs. No thank you.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 11, 2019, 10:02 AM Post
Can add me to that list. His skill set is special but he is a player I don't think our clubhouse needs. One of the top reasons last year was so enjoyable was because of the mixture of guys we had. I don't want Machado in that mess and I don't think the Brewers would either.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 11, 2019, 2:14 PM Post
He's no worse than Braun, I don't care if he's a punk as long as he helps us win a WS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 11, 2019, 2:28 PM Post
ewitkows said:
He's no worse than Braun, I don't care if he's a punk as long as he helps us win a WS

I don’t think there are any players left from the time Braun held his infamous press conference. While some fans (me included) have issues with him, I doubt anyone in the current clubhouse has an issue with him.

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 11, 2019, 2:29 PM Post
ewitkows said:

Pretty much my thoughts, and I think calling someone less of a fan because they think Machado’s talent on the team would be good is pretty stupid.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 15, 2019, 10:40 AM Post
Interesting read about the Drake. Coming from a frequent Drake basher, it makes you remember the human element a bit.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/the- ... s-in-2018/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 15, 2019, 12:22 PM Post
ewitkows said:

[ho hum] [rolling eyes]

Difference of opinion, simple as that.

I'd rather win a WS with guys I like, guys I want to root for, over idiot punks like Machado.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 15, 2019, 12:23 PM Post
brooks_quichenick said:
ewitkows said:

Pretty much my thoughts, and I think calling someone less of a fan because they think Machado’s talent on the team would be good is pretty stupid.

Did someone call someone less of a fan based on wanting Machado?

I missed that...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 15, 2019, 12:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:
brooks_quichenick said:
ewitkows said:

Did someone call someone less of a fan based on wanting Machado?

I missed that...

Literally, in post #29 above.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 58 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply