LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 28  Next  [ 558 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Misc MLB News

Offline  Re: 2019 Misc MLB News
Posted: May 17, 2019, 7:02 AM Post
https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-players-on ... t-uniforms

Team receiving one technically illegal vote from a player who picked his own team but whose response was too good not to print:

Brewers: “I think hands down [the best uniform] is our ‘Retro Fridays’ ones, with the ball and glove and the pinstripes. I know I'm not supposed to say our own, but I don't care. I love them. If we could wear that every day, I would love it. At first, I always just thought it was a baseball mitt. When I was in high school and I got my first job, I would go to Lidz and buy a bunch of baseball hats. I was wearing the Brewers one out one day and someone told me it was an M and B.” -- Josh Hader

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2019, 12:22 PM Post

GIF Master
Diamondbacks got five votes? lol

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 Misc MLB News
Posted: May 17, 2019, 3:19 PM Post
dlk9s said:
Diamondbacks got five votes? lol

Yea that seemed crazy to me, all of their unis are hideous. Seemed like most of the player responses were how they grew up in the area of the teams with uniforms they liked, so naturally Milwaukee wouldn't have many votes with that formula. Surprised there weren't any other votes for the retro Friday pinstripes though, those are so slick.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 7:55 AM Post
Potential quote of the year from Nats’ pitcher:

Doolittle on Joe Maddon after Maddon disrupted his outing by arguing and protesting the game: “Sometimes he has to remind people how smart he is.”

https://twitter.com/jamalcollier/status ... 59232?s=21

Going forward, it would be nice if every single Cubs’ opponent protested the game in the middle of an Edwards outing.

https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/statu ... 78944?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 9:07 AM Post
NYChez said:

Doolittle on Joe Maddon after Maddon disrupted his outing by arguing and protesting the game: “Sometimes he has to remind people how smart he is.”

Going forward, it would be nice if every single Cubs’ opponent protested the game in the middle of an Edwards outing.

Maddon's a dolt but...Edwards was called on it in Spring Training and has changed how he pitches. So I kind of agree with what Joe did there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 10:07 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
NYChez said:

Maddon's a dolt but...Edwards was called on it in Spring Training and has changed how he pitches. So I kind of agree with what Joe did there.

If you look at what Edwards was doing and what Doolittle was doing, it's night and day. Doolittle hovers and his toe barely even taps the dirt. It took me a couple of replays to even confirm that he did. What Edwards did was lift his leg, land fully on his leg and then throw.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 10:49 AM Post
trwi7 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
NYChez said:

If you look at what Edwards was doing and what Doolittle was doing, it's night and day. Doolittle hovers and his toe barely even taps the dirt. It took me a couple of replays to even confirm that he did. What Edwards did was lift his leg, land fully on his leg and then throw.

I agree they are different but if I'm Maddon I'm going to want to check every pitcher that does anything similar to what they called Edwards for. Especially since rules about pitching motion are pretty much never enforced.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 12:11 PM Post
Global Moderator
I love that Doolittle said "He likes to remind everyone how smart he is". Maddon tries to play this dumb meta game with everyone, and it's just annoying and stupid. He's not revolutionary and cutting edge. He thinks he still is, and it's just really made him into a guy I find annoying as h-e double hockey sticks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 5:05 PM Post
Can probably just say right now that Mickey Callaway is getting fired. He was on the hot seat last week and getting swept by the Marlins including having 3 total hits in the last 2 games is probably going to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2019, 9:41 PM Post
Just noticed that Lucroy is quietly having a nice bounce back season.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 21, 2019, 11:58 PM Post
Stephen Vogt played 9 innings in LF for the Giants today . Wow

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 22, 2019, 11:12 AM Post
ecjimg said:
Stephen Vogt played 9 innings in LF for the Giants today . Wow

Now that he is versatile, the Brewers will trade for him. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 22, 2019, 1:22 PM Post
Cleveland doing the stars and scrubs thing except their stars aren't playing like stars and their scrubs are playing like scrubs.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2019, 7:24 AM Post
Not sure where else to put this, but man I really dislike Schoop even more now that he's hitting well in MN and is the player I had assumed he would be in Milwaukee after last years trade deadline.

Then again, if there's anything that proves to be a death knell for a team's postseason chances, it's that Schoop is hitting well on it. So unless schoop suddenly slumps mightily, I expect the twins to crash as the season wears on - as backwards as that is.

Right now I just hope brewer pitching keeps them from clubbing 10 hrs a game when they play - their bats are rolling...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2019, 7:40 AM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
Not sure where else to put this, but man I really dislike Schoop even more now that he's hitting well in MN and is the player I had assumed he would be in Milwaukee after last years trade deadline.

Then again, if there's anything that proves to be a death knell for a team's postseason chances, it's that Schoop is hitting well on it. So unless schoop suddenly slumps mightily, I expect the twins to crash as the season wears on - as backwards as that is.

Right now I just hope brewer pitching keeps them from clubbing 10 hrs a game when they play - their bats are rolling...

I think it was obvious to to just about everyone that Schoop did not like getting traded, leaving his buddies, on the worst team in baseball to a team with a chance to win a World Series. His body language, besides his performance, was abhorrent. There’s a reason Stearns took the unprecedented step of publicly bashing himself for bringing him to the crew.

As far as the Twinkie’s are concerned, someone has to bring them back to earth, it might as well be us. American League is so bad, outside of 5 teams it’s hard to gage how good they really are.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2019, 7:47 AM Post
Nice to see Garrett Cooper having some success after battling injuries the last 2 years with Marlins. After his first career HR Wednesday, he blasted a Grand Slam in 9th to beat the Tigers yesterday. I think he's going to be seeing a lot of time in the Marlins lineup from here on.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 25, 2019, 9:17 AM Post
MLB on pace to hit 900 more home runs over all this year compared to a season ago. Something isn’t right.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 25, 2019, 9:25 AM Post
The balls are juiced. Some magazine proved as much with x-rays. That is an insane jump though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 25, 2019, 9:29 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
OldSchoolSnapper said:
The balls are juiced. Some magazine proved as much with x-rays. That is an insane jump though.

It's probably a combination of several factors. Regardless of the cause it's way too easy to hit home runs. I have no idea what the solution should be.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 25, 2019, 10:26 AM Post
owbc said:
It's probably a combination of several factors. Regardless of the cause it's way too easy to hit home runs. I have no idea what the solution should be.

Not use juiced balls?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 28  Next  [ 558 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply